+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what happens to Ledley now?

So what happens to Ledley now?

The window is now closed and premier league squads are being submitted so he can forget about getting back in the 'big league'.

We appeared to be the only club 'linked' with him yet that has come to nothing. Did his wage demands prevent Neil from making a move for him? There doesn't appear to be a place in the squad for him now. Whatever the truth, his plan to extract maximum yield from the market has backfired tremendously and he is now in a precarious position which some players never recover from. His days at the highest level are over for sure.

So, where does he go from here? Can he sign for a club outside of Europe? Or is his only option the football league? Will there even be any takers if he has an inflated value of his worth? Or will he sit tight until January? Maybe Neil will let him train with us until he finds himself a club.

Without a club he cannot be considered for international duty in my opinion.

Re: So what happens to Ledley now?

I think a lot of the European windows close today so may see a move abroad if club officials fly over to Cardiff.

He can go to Abertawe Town or Rangers

International

The transfer windows are closed but that wouldn't affect a club signing him, as we all know. As for the submission of Premier squad names I understood that won't happen for a little while yet.
    Perhaps he should go to mighty wolves..oh hang on he has never played in the Portuguese league has he? That's out then!

Could argue that he did the right thing by not joining a club because now he's one of the few players of his quality still available. Fairly similar to Robson-Kanu last year.

There's always China or America

Arent squads submitted the day after the transfer window closes? That was certainly the case last year Linky.

Its been said in jest elsewhere but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Strictly line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Its been said in jest elsewhere but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Strictly line-up
    More likely to be in the Jungle with that beard...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's always China or America
    I can't pretend to know the feller, but something tells me that Joe wouldn't enjoy being an abroad player overly much.
    The whole saga does seem akin to that of a squid that has a high moisture content .

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I can't pretend to know the feller, but something tells me that Joe wouldn't enjoy being an abroad player overly much.
    The whole saga does seem akin to that of a squid that has a high moisture content .
    A wet cephalopod.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He can go to Abertawe Town or Rangers
    Waiting for Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Could argue that he did the right thing by not joining a club because now he's one of the few players of his quality still available. Fairly similar to Robson-Kanu last year.
    And that drives his value up how? Teams not wanting him due to wage demands, for example earlier aren't going to want him at a higher wage level. Given he's a free agent, hence only agents fees, signing on fees rather than a transfer fee on top, teams could manage the increased salary. Should a team have a major injury crisis in midfield, sure, but basing your career upon that happening isn't exactly a good move.

Personally, think his best move is abroad. China I honestly don't think would be interested in him but MLS, can see him fitting into that standard - could have an "in" there as Carl Robinson is head coach of Vancouver Whitecaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    And that drives his value up how? Teams not wanting him due to wage demands, for example earlier aren't going to want him at a higher wage level. Given he's a free agent, hence only agents fees, signing on fees rather than a transfer fee on top, teams could manage the increased salary. Should a team have a major injury crisis in midfield, sure, but basing your career upon that happening isn't exactly a good move.

Personally, think his best move is abroad. China I honestly don't think would be interested in him but MLS, can see him fitting into that standard - could have an "in" there as Carl Robinson is head coach of Vancouver Whitecaps.
    Because he's available now and 99% of other players at his level aren't. For the sake of waiting a couple of days, I don't think it's going to damage his career irreparably.

Joe should keep trying to find the best deal he can and only play for us when it suits us and him and very importantly our wage structure , if the stories are right and an offer has been on the table for a while i'm a bit aggrieved as its important for us to have a squad ready, were not a big club flush with good /many midfielders and we had to do our business in an orderly and sensible way ,so waiting on Joe is not ideal ,if the stories are right ( that's 100 dollar question ) I feel a bit aggrieved if it is ,how much money a week do folk want , they front up and say so, don't thing they are that poor .

I dont think Warnock wanted him.

Hes clearly not in great demand.

I think if Warnock had ever seriously wanted him hed have been with us.

The season was six weeks further on last year and yet we were able to sign four players, all full internationals of no great age in footballing terms, who had been without a club for more than three months. One other thing worth thinking about is that it was claimed by Paul Abbandanato on Blakey's Boot Room that Joe was Warnock's second choice central midfielder behind a player he didn't mention - he's now saying that it was case of Bryson or Ledley.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13558453

I'd have chosen Ledley myself, but, then again I wouldn't have bought Mendez-Laing and Damour here in a month of Sundays!

I can't see Ledley coming here now, but I'm sure he'll find a club very soon - there are going to be managers sacked in the Championship this month and there'll be new men in charge who'll certainly consider a move for someone like Ledley if they find themselves in a position like Warnock was in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The season was six weeks further on last year and yet we were able to sign four players, all full internationals of no great age in footballing terms, who had been without a club for more than three months. One other thing worth thinking about is that it was claimed by Paul Abbandanato on Blakey's Boot Room that Joe was Warnock's second choice central midfielder behind a player he didn't mention - he's now saying that it was case of Bryson or Ledley.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13558453

I'd have chosen Ledley myself, but, then again I wouldn't have bought Mendez-Laing and Damour here in a month of Sundays!

I can't see Ledley coming here now, but I'm sure he'll find a club very soon - there are going to be managers sacked in the Championship this month and there'll be new men in charge who'll certainly consider a move for someone like Ledley if they find themselves in a position like Warnock was in last year.

for some reason Paul I thought you was the Paul Abbandanato lol sorry mate

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    for some reason Paul I thought you was the Paul Abbandanato lol sorry mate
    Hardly! I did have a weekly column with the Echo for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hardly! I did have a weekly column with the Echo for a while though.
    ahhhh that's prob why I thought that
    sorry mate

Interesting to note a comment on Wales Online - "Cardiff had spoken to Ledley, who was prepared to take a significant wage cut to rejoin his home-town club."

Completely against what I was expecting and, judging by the comments, some others too.

Banned

He can forget the Prem and any of the top Championship teams. He hasn't exactly set the football world on fire.Them years in Scotland may have been profitable but wasted in terms of recognition, he would have been better off going to the Prem when he left us.

Can footballers claim dole if they ain't got a club?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He can forget the Prem and any of the top Championship teams. He hasn't exactly set the football world on fire.Them years in Scotland may have been profitable but wasted in terms of recognition, he would have been better off going to the Prem when he left us.

I don't think he'll go to a PL team, unless it's Swansea because they are desperate for bodies. He wouldn't go there anyway. Championship is his standard but he'd better get in somewhere quick or he'll be languishing in the third tier like WHittingham. He must surely realise he's not going anywhere near the money he was on at Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post

Ledley is more than good enough for almost every team in this division, he'll find a club