+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cornelius or Ken?

Cornelius or Ken?

I notice Cornelius is in the Denmark team tonight against Poland.
    However we'll he's doing tonight I believe their manager is a brave man not playing Zohore tonight. He tore Czech u21s apart not long ago and surely the Danes haven't got enough to justify leaving Zohore out of the squad. (Unless they've unleashed 11 Preben Elkjaer's!)

Re: Cornelius or Ken?

On a selfish note I'm glad they haven't selected him but it's only a matter of time.
    Cornelius plays at a higher level and doesn't have a bad record in Danish football.
    If we're comparing the two based on their time at City then Zohore is clearly far superior. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    On a selfish note I'm glad they haven't selected him but it's only a matter of time.
    Cornelius plays at a higher level and doesn't have a bad record in Danish football.
    If we're comparing the two based on their time at City then Zohore is clearly far superior. Not even close.
    Yes but the coach would be crazy to base selection on that.
    Cornelius plays at a higher level and has a great record in Denmark.
    Ken can't be too far behind though

What was the real Corny story ? His time at Cardiff just didn't make sense with his life before and after.

I would genuinely like to see Cornelius do well. He's been slagged off too much by Tan as a dud, when it was just a case of the boy wasn't quite ready to hit the ground running and got unlucky in the timing of his injury.

If we stayed in the prem and Andreas stayed with us who knows how he would have turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would genuinely like to see Cornelius do well. He's been slagged off too much by Tan as a dud, when it was just a case of the boy wasn't quite ready to hit the ground running and got unlucky in the timing of his injury.

If we stayed in the prem and Andreas stayed with us who knows how he would have turned out.
    To be fair to Tan he said Malky told him after he signed him he was a project. Hes correct when he says we didnt need a project we needed immediate quality.

Wed gone up with Helgusson , Rudy , Mason and Campbell. Malky got rid of Rudy and Joe and Helgsusson retired

We should never have signed Cornelius.

I havent seen Cornelius since he left us. I cant believe hes better than Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair to Tan he said Malky told him after he signed him he was a project. Hes correct when he says we didnt need a project we needed immediate quality.

Wed gone up with Helgusson , Rudy , Mason and Campbell. Malky got rid of Rudy and Joe and Helgsusson retired

We should never have signed Cornelius.

I havent seen Cornelius since he left us. I cant believe hes better than Ken.
    There's no way malky thought he was a project when he paid that money for him. He took a gamble on a player who wasn't quite ready, and then we didn't play to his strengths

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's no way malky thought he was a project when he paid that money for him. He took a gamble on a player who wasn't quite ready, and then we didn't play to his strengths
    I remember Malky saying he was "one for the future" in an interview.

Its been said before, it is possible that, for a variety of reasons the guy wasn't very settled here. yeah .. I know 40 something K a week out to make anybody feel settled, but perhaps it was all too much.

Anyway, life goes on and we have KennyZ.

Cornelius scores! Eriksson is a smashing player.

Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    After he was signed and handed the number 9 shirt. £10m and 45k a week doesn't scream "project".

I think you'll find he used the word 'project'.

So I've heard

Cornelius or Ken?

Ken - obviously.

I'd take Fred over Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'd take Fred over Cornelius

This

End of fred

Mind games to take the pressure off him I presume

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Denmark_4_...and_2017_09_01

Good quality highlights here.
    Cornelius goal at about 4 mins

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Mind games to take the pressure off him I presume
    Or more likely, to take the pressure off Mackay for a poor buy.

If Cornelius had been say a £2m deal, 15-20k wages, given a high shirt number and it explicitly being stated he was for the future, nobody would have had issues - Mackay raised expectations with that deal, giving him the number 9, bigging him up.

It's pretty clear in my mind that Acorn only became a project once Malky had cast his eye over him a few times in training and realised he was miles off the pace. So yeah, a face saving exercise for Malky.
    I also think Malky would be the first to admit it was a bad signing too