+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 0 Austria: Match thread

Re: FT: Wales 1 - 0 Austria: Match thread

Fortress ccs. Without looking, I can't remember the last time Wales lost at home. The ccs, really is a brick wall for us

Clearly missed Allen but Edwards put in one hell of a shift and so did King when he came on. Ramsey is clearly not a holder and playing him there first half was such a waste.

Great from Coleman to accept he got it wrong and switched to a four. And the subs were just inspiring, could have easily gone wrong but we took risks and it worked. Only ourselves, Serbia and Ireland are in it now so a massive game between the latter two on Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    In your opinion. Bale was superb, his efforts getting back and defending in particular.

Shoulder barging the guy off the ball was incredibly dumb. If the ref had seen it, they get a dangerous free kick and he gets a yellow / sent off.
    Didn't think bale had a great game tonight he was non existent in the first half and seemed indecisive when picking the ball up when he would usually go for it. Ash was very good tonight that header sumed him up tonight as I don't think Hennessey was saving it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I thought Gunter struggled
    He couldn't get near arnautovic

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Didn't think bale had a great game tonight he was non existent in the first half and seemed indecisive when picking the ball up when he would usually go for it. Ash was very good tonight that header sumed him up tonight as I don't think Hennessey was saving it
    Ah but he made a foul outside the box which he got away with mun

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    First half we really struggled, Baumgartlinger was bossing the centre of the park. However kudos to Coleman, recognised where Wales were under performing and addressed the issue with the change in formation and substitutions made.

Hopefully Tuesday night Serbia draw with Ireland and we get the 3 points in Moldova. Places Wales in 2nd place above Ireland on goal difference and just 2 points shy of Serbia.
    I'd prefer Ireland to win to bring Serbia within 1 point of us hopefully, as we can still beat Ireland to go above them but need Austria or Georgia to take points off Serbia if we're to get the top spot. I think only the winner of this group will get into the Finals as I don't think the runner up will be picked for the Play-Offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Clearly missed Allen but Edwards put in one hell of a shift and so did King when he came on. Ramsey is clearly not a holder and playing him there first half was such a waste.

Great from Coleman to accept he got it wrong and switched to a four. And the subs were just inspiring, could have easily gone wrong but we took risks and it worked. Only ourselves, Serbia and Ireland are in it now so a massive game between the latter two on Tuesday!

Dear God he did get it wrong. Just the two in midfield. He should have changed it before half time. King made a difference when he came on. We were much more solid. Ashley had an excellent second half as did Ben Davies. I thought Vokes was awful. He constantly mistimed his jumps. HRK is a better all round player and holds the ball up so much better.
    We are still in this but it was hanging by a thread for much of tonight.