+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodburn On

Woodburn On

Re: Woodburn On

Wales (and City alike) never seem to score last minute winners.
    Today would be perfect for a change.

Get in son!

1st touch.... what a strike !!

Woodburn is putting our supposed superstars to shame. His running , passing, crossing, ball retention and ball control, and of course his shooting, are better than anything we've seen all night from Wales.

What a player

Woke up my son celebrating that goal.

Take a bow lad.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Woodburn is putting our supposed superstars to shame. His running , passing, crossing, ball retention and ball control, and of course his shooting, are better than anything we've seen all night from Wales.
    So are you saying our superstars (whoever they are)performances tonight have been shameful,did you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    So are you saying our superstars (whoever they are)performances tonight have been shameful,did you watch the game?
    Shameful was probably the wrong word (unless he's deliberately come on here to provoke a reaction).
    I just think that the boy was in a win win situation.
    He scored on his Liverpool debut and has been champing ar the bit to get his chance ever since.
    When you are young, you have no fear.
    It wasn't just his goal either, he wanted the ball at every opportunity.

The boy is obviously an exceptional talent and has booked a place in the squad for a long time to come.

Also showed he was a bit wet behind the years at the end instead of running clock down was looking to take risks, quick throw ins. Etc

Great cameo though

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Also showed he was a bit wet behind the years at the end instead of running clock down was looking to take risks, quick throw ins. Etc

Great cameo though
    Overall, a bit shit really with a lot to learn.

Great encouragement for the lad.

Great cameo though
    "" bit wet behind the years "" he is 17

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    "" bit wet behind the years "" he is 17
    Yes in footballing terms a bit wet behind the years

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I know init?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

"Great cameo" I repeat "GREAT cameo"

But a few things to work on.

Yes in footballing terms a bit wet behind the years
    Think those are the learning curves of life, however his desire , energy,finishing was lacking in more established players .

I actually disagree with your original view anyway.

Personally I'd rather see us trying to play "properly" in that situation rather than running into the corner hoping to save a few seconds. The opposition tend to get the ball back quickly too.
    Anyway I thought the lad wasn't the only one doing as you say... we could have had three more goals after his worldy.

Don't worry, there is still plenty of time for him to learn how to commit cynical fouls, get other players sent off and become an expert time waster

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    from block 104 it just arrowed in it looked like in slow motion then the noice of it hitting the net I did spend the rest of the game biting my nails though lo
    l I just got in got ssn on
    the lad only looks about 12 don't he what a debut

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Your words not mine. I said no such thing as shameful - you're making mischief. What I did say is that the quality of passing and shooting has been poor. Players getting caught in possession, passes going astray, too much hoof ball at times....and dare I say it, too much showboating at times from our 'big' players. Yes I watched the game, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I actually disagree with your original view anyway.

Personally I'd rather see us trying to play "properly" in that situation rather than running into the corner hoping to save a few seconds. The opposition tend to get the ball back quickly too.
    Anyway I thought the lad wasn't the only one doing as you say... we could have had three more goals after his worldy.
    There we are then. With less the a minute left I'm sure Chris Coleman and any other head coach / manager would rather we run the clock down when we have it by their corner flag, not take a risky throw and give the ball back to them for the last 30 seconds.

There we are then. With less the a minute left I'm sure Chris Coleman and any other head coach / manager would rather we run the clock down when we have it by their corner flag, not take a risky throw and give the ball back to them for the last 30 seconds.
    I bet Chris Coleman would rather worry about "wet behind the ears" of a seasoned forward not being able to look up and simply square the ball to a forward stood on his own .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I bet Chris Coleman would rather worry about "wet behind the ears" of a seasoned forward not being able to look up and simply square the ball to a forward stood on his own .
    2 wrongs don't make a right. I expect Coleman to take HRK to task over that absolute appalling piece of greedy, selfish play,