+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodburn On

Re: Woodburn On

The lad looked different class, great finish and some nice runs and touches- could be the next Bale.
    Talking of whom, from where I was sitting (wrong end) it looked like a stonewall pen on bale towards the end, anyone have a better view than mine?

17 year old Woodburn was unbelievable tonight, oozed class and confidence. Very very exciting, his goal was exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Your words not mine. I said no such thing as shameful - you're making mischief. What I did say is that the quality of passing and shooting has been poor. Players getting caught in possession, passes going astray, too much hoof ball at times....and dare I say it, too much showboating at times from our 'big' players. Yes I watched the game, did you?
    Ah, the old straw man argument. You are lucky it wasn't an ad hominem, that's a definite favourite on here

That is right up there with the most I have celebrated a goal, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    17 year old Woodburn was unbelievable tonight, oozed class and confidence. Very very exciting, his goal was exceptional.
    That 16 year old edgar davids lookalike looked confident as hell at half time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The lad looked different class, great finish and some nice runs and touches- could be the next Bale.
    Talking of whom, from where I was sitting (wrong end) it looked like a stonewall pen on bale towards the end, anyone have a better view than mine?
    The defender lent into him rather than clattered him. Would have been a soft one if given.
    The Austrians were quite physical all game though and the referee let them get away with it (though "our Ash" could have walked for his challenge off the ball which wasn't spotted or if it was spotted, went unpunished).

Had it been a draw then I reckon the ref would have come in for more stick but it all turned out rather nicely in the end... 1 nil is just dandy.

Cheers Mac.

For a player making his international debut, with only a handful of league games under his belt, it was an exceptional performance. We witnessed something special tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    That 16 year old edgar davids lookalike looked confident as hell at half time as well.
    Absolutely, Ampadu looks an absolute gem as well. Hope he gets some minutes in Moldova.

Absolutely, Ampadu looks an absolute gem as well. Hope he gets some minutes in Moldova.
    Ampadu will be encouraged that younger players are being given a chance by Coleman. Now is probably a good time to start building for the future, as it won't be too long before we have to start replacing some of the older players for 2020 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    For a player making his international debut, with only a handful of league games under his belt, it was an exceptional performance. We witnessed something special tonight.
    Virtually his first touch in major international football was a 20+ yarder that fizzed into the bottom corner when no-one else looked remotely capable of scoring. I'd say it was something extremely special.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Virtually his first touch in major international football was a 20+ yarder that fizzed into the bottom corner when no-one else looked remotely capable of scoring. I'd say it was something extremely special.
    Definitely, the likes of Alaba, Bale, Ramsey, Arnautovic on the pitch and a kid with bundles of talent shows them all how to do it. Fantastic scenes this evening, it was special to witness it in person.

Ok, extremely amazingly special

Definitely, the likes of Alaba, Bale, Ramsey, Arnautovic on the pitch and a kid with bundles of talent shows them all how to do it. Fantastic scenes this evening, it was special to witness it in person.
    Yes, yet his every touch has been uber analysed, ffs. He's 17. A kid. A fantastic one if he keeps his head.

Ok, extremely amazingly special
    :evenbiggergrinbutmikehasn'tgotasmileyforthis:

Yes, yet his every touch has been uber analysed, ffs. He's 17. A kid. A fantastic one if he keeps his head.
    He's got some seriously good skills in his locker

He's got some seriously good skills in his locker
    Looked far more at ease with the situation than most of his team mates. That suggests a couple of things - either he's a footballing god already, or there were nervy Welsh players out there tonight.

Looked far more at ease with the situation than most of his team mates. That suggests a couple of things - either he's a footballing god already, or there were nervy Welsh players out there tonight.
    I'd say a combination of both. It was a huge game for everybody on the pitch, and there have been a few disappointing moments of late. It needed something special to lift the team, and this may have been it. Finally a win!

He needs to be playing regularly surprised he wasn't sent out n loan will be a great 3 days for him

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He needs to be playing regularly surprised he wasn't sent out n loan will be a great 3 days for him
    I have a funny feeling he may be in Liverpool's 18 a lot more now...

International

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Maybe a loan spell with a leading Championship club?????????

I'd say a combination of both. It was a huge game for everybody on the pitch, and there have been a few disappointing moments of late. It needed something special to lift the team, and this may have been it. Finally a win!
    Absolutely. We needed a lift. The amount of space they afforded him to get his shot away was embarrassing, he had so much time, but serves them right.

I'm just as delighted that Chris Coleman had the courage to make a positive difference. I wasn't so sure he could.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Would've been nice also Harry Wilson

The goal http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...les-debut-goal

Looked brilliant from down the other end, watching it back looks better each time I watch it. And coming to the strains of outperform anthem as well - magical.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    We've got Zohore, Hoilett and Mendez-Laing. No room for a Premier League reject.