Thread: Woodburn On

Re: Woodburn On

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would've been nice also Harry Wilson
    Qui?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The goal http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...les-debut-goal

Looked brilliant from down the other end, watching it back looks better each time I watch it. And coming to the strains of outperform anthem as well - magical.
    Amazing finish, looks even better on video than it did at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Amazing finish, looks even better on video than it did at the ground.
    Yep, if that had been Bale we'd all be going nuts about it, but a 17 year old kid? Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Qui?
    Is he still Wales youngest player to get a cap?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is he still Wales youngest player to get a cap?
    Yes.
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/wales/ta...tion/youngest/

Second youngest goalscorer after Bale?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Second youngest goalscorer after Bale?
    Well impressed with the way Bale handled him.

This is the lad who took the 58 shirt at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is the lad who took the 58 shirt at Liverpool.
    #Respect

Looked brilliant from down the other end, watching it back looks better each time I watch it. And coming to the strains of outperform anthem as well - magical.
    What a strike. It looked fantastic from where I was right behind the goal but it looks even better there. Another brilliant moment in a growing number of brilliant moments following Wales in recent years. I'm absolutely buzzing after tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Also showed he was a bit wet behind the years at the end instead of running clock down was looking to take risks, quick throw ins. Etc

Great cameo though
    Maybe he was thinking that we had been absolutely crap at holding on to single goal leads before last night in this qualifying group? Personally, I'd be far more concerned at the decision making of someone like Robson-Kanu when presented with the chance to make the game safe, but I take the point that, in general, you should look to run the clock down when a goal in front in a game as important as last nights was.

I still say though that, with Austria needing to score twice really, a second goal was far more likely to come from Wales - the last few minutes were evidence of that. On the other hand, I'll mention again that it was very disappointing to hear Wales Under 21 players being ordered to take the ball to the corners when they were 3-0 up in Switzerland in added time - under those circumstances, a fourth goal in that game was far more likely to be scored by Wales than Switzerland and it was, surely, worth going for a 4-0 win, or better, at the risk of winning 3-1, rather than 3-0?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe he was thinking that we had been absolutely crap at holding on to single goal leads before last night in this qualifying group? Personally, I'd be far more concerned at the decision making of someone like Robson-Kanu when presented with the chance to make the game safe, but I take the point that, in general, you should look to run the clock down when a goal in front in a game as important as last nights was.

I still say though that, with Austria needing to score twice really, a second goal was far more likely to come from Wales - the last few minutes were evidence of that. On the other hand, I'll mention again that it was very disappointing to hear Wales Under 21 players being ordered to take the ball to the corners when they were 3-0 up in Switzerland in added time - under those circumstances, a fourth goal in that game was far more likely to be scored by Wales than Switzerland and it was, surely, worth going for a 4-0 win, or better, at the risk of winning 3-1, rather than 3-0?
    That was unbelievable. From a professional footballer? Totally mad!

Practice for a tighter game perhaps? Or would losing a goal effect potential outcome of the table? I'm not up to speed on the under 21s results and tables tbh. Or the mad UEFA qualification rules for that matter.

Back to the seniors it do go a little bit gun ho towards the end for my liking, especially in such a close game. As a neutral I would prefer that, to be fair its the way Madrid always play but they have come a cropper once or twice.
    However when it's your own team, or country in this case, holding the slim lead in such an important game I'd prefer to be a bit more cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Practice for a tighter game perhaps? Or would losing a goal effect potential outcome of the table? I'm not up to speed on the under 21s results and tables tbh. Or the mad UEFA qualification rules for that matter.

Back to the seniors it do go a little bit gun ho towards the end for my liking, especially in such a close game. As a neutral I would prefer that, to be fair its the way Madrid always play but they have come a cropper once or twice.
    However when it's your own team, or country in this case, holding the slim lead in such an important game I'd prefer to be a bit more cynical.
    Fair point about qualification rules - I made the schoolboy error of thinking that something like goal difference would be the criteria for deciding who went through .

Fair point about qualification rules - I made the schoolboy error of thinking that something like goal difference would be the criteria for deciding who went through .

What is it about the Welsh? You're so pessimistic. Why cant you just rave about a 17 year old who will probably end up being a legend. Some of you sound as if you're reviewing a play.
    The player was brilliant. No one should coach this guy. 'Go out and attack them.'

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I actually disagree with your original view anyway.

Personally I'd rather see us trying to play "properly" in that situation rather than running into the corner hoping to save a few seconds. The opposition tend to get the ball back quickly too.
    Anyway I thought the lad wasn't the only one doing as you say... we could have had three more goals after his worldy.

I totally agree with you, I hate this going into the corner nonsense trying to waste time, ref nearly always gives a free kick or goal kick to the opposition.
    Plus I would add, taking short corners, trying to waste time ! Get the f ucking thing in the box.

I like the way Ramsey is screaming "give it to me, give it to me, WHAT A F UCKING GOAL"

Couldn't fault the kid, hopefully this will encourage more youngsters with choices of international teams to stick with Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. We needed a lift. The amount of space they afforded him to get his shot away was embarrassing, he had so much time, but serves them right.

I'm just as delighted that Chris Coleman had the courage to make a positive difference. I wasn't so sure he could.
    Austria's defending of the goal was comical. A very poor clearance compounded with a poor header. I don't care. It gave us a goal we will all remember. Onto Moldova with plenty of options for Coleman. The table should look a lot more positive come Tuesday night.

Outstanding.
    Very Happy to see he is tied to Wales now.

I hope the Art of football release one for that goal id buy it.

And the amazing thing is that he left it to the very end of the crowds rendition of the national anthem when he scored it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIofJKsnNvs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And the amazing thing is that he left it to the very end of the crowds rendition of the national anthem when he scored it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIofJKsnNvs
    Great video that

Re: Woodburn Onz

Great video that
    I don't know how many times I've played back the goal but it's too many. I bet Grangetown is gutted that he chose to play for Wales😀