+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Re: Keith Andrews

Amazing video. As the title suggests, you can't even see those passes on screen so how he picks then out I've no idea.

Lots very similar, maybe into two categories. The through ball threaded past three or four defenders, and the sailing curl pass between the far full back and centre back. Happens so many times it must be thought out but it's inhuman how he spots it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Amazing video. As the title suggests, you can't even see those passes on screen so how he picks then out I've no idea.

Lots very similar, maybe into two categories. The through ball threaded past three or four defenders, and the sailing curl pass between the far full back and centre back. Happens so many times it must be thought out but it's inhuman how he spots it.
    Well spotted, lot of them were the same type of pass, so he has obviously mastered the technique, and once mastered it is easily replicated.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Seen Whitts do that many times when he was playing at the top of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

**** sake mate you're worse than me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well spotted, lot of them were the same type of pass, so he has obviously mastered the technique, and once mastered it is easily replicated.

Just when I thought nothing could amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

**** sake mate you're worse than me!

I did see him do it once. Against Ipswich I think. The game where we absolutely battered em and lost to 2 Jimmy Bullard worldies.

He played a daisy cutting 20 yard diagonal through about 4 Ipswich players which was sublime even by his high standards at the time.

I did see him do it once. Against Ipswich I think. The game where we absolutely battered em and lost to 2 Jimmy Bullard worldies.

He played a daisy cutting 20 yard diagonal through about 4 Ipswich players which was sublime even by his high standards at the time.
    I don't think Ronaldo has got that vision in his locker on a regular basis. I don't think Wales Bales bas ever played the game if he thinks those passes are easy!

I don't think Ronaldo has got that vision in his locker on a regular basis. I don't think Wales Bales bas ever played the game if he thinks those passes are easy!
    No he has different attributes to Messi. He's far better in the air. More direct and dare I say it more clinical?

****ing hell polo

No he has different attributes to Messi. He's far better in the air. More direct and dare I say it more clinical?
    He's much better in the air, he's more powerful, quicker but more clinical is very debatable.

I like footballers that see the game and think one step ahead, or in Messi's case 10 steps ahead of the opposition. They are the players that make me watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    ****ing hell polo

I think Whitts and Leo would have worked very well together. Whitts would have had more time to pull the strings in La Liga.

He's much better in the air, he's more powerful, quicker but more clinical is very debatable.

I like footballers that see the game and think one step ahead, or in Messi's case 10 steps ahead of the opposition. They are the players that make me watch the game.
    I do normally, Ronaldinho is my favourite player ever (untouchable for that 2-3 years at Barca) but after watching a few documentaries on CR I've got a lot, lot more respect for him.

I do normally, Ronaldinho is my favourite player ever (untouchable for that 2-3 years at Barca) but after watching a few documentaries on CR I've got a lot, lot more respect for him.
    Ronaldo is a relentless athlete whose powers of dedication are off the scale, but if you're talking about the best footballer then there's no comparison in my opinion.

It's all about opinion though mate.

Not a bad thread after all. Few idiots tried to spoil it with their personal vendettas but in the main a good debate.

Where did I say they were easy? I said once the technique has been mastered it is easy to replicate.

Where did I say they were easy? I said once the technique has been mastered it is easy to replicate.
    It's not the technique that is the most impressive thing, it's the vision and the fact that he's not hitting a static target like a direct free kick for example.

It's not the technique that is the most impressive thing, it's the vision and the fact that he's not hitting a static target like a direct free kick for example.
    The vision is all part of the technique. Not many people have this kind of talent, but you do see it throughout various sports, and even in other areas such as music. It still takes a lot of hard work to perfect though, having talent is only the first step.

Because he's arrogant, ex united, good looking.etc he is not very well liked but I am starting to think that he is the best player of his generation, maybe the best of all time. Not as natural as Messi, Ronaldinho, Maradona but his will to win, and to be the best, really is something else.

To do it consistently, season after season, is just unbelievable.
    He's not a bad person he does loads for charity and visits children in hospitals etc

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's not a bad person he does loads for charity and visits children in hospitals etc
    So did Savile.

Just when I thought nothing could amaze me!
    To be fair, when you've spent your life shagging hundreds of supermodels like our Gluey has, it's easy to see Messi as a bit average.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    To be fair, when you've spent your life shagging hundreds of supermodels like our Gluey has, it's easy to see Messi as a bit average.
    he has been about

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    he has been about
    He's exaggerating, it was only about 5 non-supermodel models. The other 995 were were just normal above-average looking girls.

He's exaggerating, it was only about 5 non-supermodel models. The other 995 were were just normal above-average looking girls.

You do realise that knocking one out in front of Babestation doesn't count as a conquest?

You're not in Ronaldos league

You're not in Ronaldos league
    I'd say he's up there.

Ronaldo pretends he shags fit birds too.