+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Lay off the Jameson's there's a good lad.

Reckons Ronaldo can't do for Portugal what Bale does for Wales

Just led them to Euro Champs glory and has scored 78 in 144 internationals.

He's got more goals than Bales has caps, and got 3 times as many internationals goals.

As much as I love Bale, and he is a national hero, there are different levels and he couldn't lace Ronaldos boots.

Re: Keith Andrews

As much as I hate Ronnie and love bale I have to agree he's a one man show and would probably make any poor nation a decent side

Because he's arrogant, ex united, good looking.etc he is not very well liked but I am starting to think that he is the best player of his generation, maybe the best of all time. Not as natural as Messi, Ronaldinho, Maradona but his will to win, and to be the best, really is something else.

To do it consistently, season after season, is just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because he's arrogant, ex united, good looking.etc he is not very well liked but I am starting to think that he is the best player of his generation, maybe the best of all time. Not as natural as Messi, Ronaldinho, Maradona but his will to win, and to be the best, really is something else.

Top five of all time. Deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Pele, Maradona, Best and Cruyff imho.

Maybe not as likeable, but brilliant nonetheless.

How he's continuingly adapting every year s unbelievable he could probably still play at the top until he's 40 easy

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Top five of all time. Deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Pele, Maradona, Best and Cruyff imho.

Maybe not as likeable, but brilliant nonetheless.
    I think we've been lucky to have both him and Messi in the last 10 years. Both very different, both can lay claim to being the best ever.
    I think Ronaldo will only truly get appreciated in years to come when people talk about goal a scoring records.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How he's continuingly adapting every year s unbelievable he could probably still play at the top until he's 40 easy
    I said similar the other day mate. I was arguing against someone, can't remember who, about his professionalism against someone like Rooney.
    Rooneys getting done for drink driving, and Ronaldo is still very much one of, if not the, best player in the world.

I think we've been lucky to have both him and Messi in the last 10 years. Both very different, both can lay claim to being the best ever.
    I think Ronaldo will only truly get appreciated in years to come when people talk about goal a scoring records.
    Agreed. Although I'd argue he's better than Messi. I also think you're right in your other post, if he stays healthy, he could still be one of the best players in the world when he's pushing 40

Agreed. Although I'd argue he's better than Messi. I also think you're right in your other post, if he stays healthy, he could still be one of the best players in the world when he's pushing 40
    Hes 33 in Feb and still seems to have the same drive he had 10-15 years ago,
    As much as I despise him the only other sportsman, not athlete by the way, who comes as close to Ronaldo for sheer drive is Phil Taylor IMO

Don't mention him ffs

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Don't mention him ffs
    I don't know why I did tbh

If I had 6 bullets and could shoot anyone without getting arrested Taylor, and James Cordon, would defo be the first two so I don't know why I'm giving him credit.

I think you misunderstood what he said. They were talking about Bale's tracking back to prevent an Austria shot and he said you won't see Ronaldo doing that. They were just emphasising that Bale is a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I think you misunderstood what he said. They were talking about Bale's tracking back to prevent an Austria shot and he said you won't see Ronaldo doing that. They were just emphasising that Bale is a team player.
    No misunderstanding. He drew comparison to Ronaldo, god knows why, we weren't even playing Portugal.

That was a good piece of tracking back from Bale but it doesn't epitomise anything between the 2 players. Ronaldo had done far more in his international and club career than Bale regardless of wether he's ever tracked back and made a vital tackle in his 144 caps. I don't know if he ever has, and I'd doubt Keith Andrews does either.

What I do know is he's got more international goals than Bale has caps, and led his team to a major tournament win last year. That's why Andrews drawing an unnecessary comparison between the two was just stupid. Especially as Bale is really struggling for form at Madrid at the moment, only highlighting how much they miss Ronaldo when he's out.

He can praise Bale without trying to make it Bale v Ronaldo, a match up Bale will never win.

It was the highest compliment he could give to Bale. You're still not happy.

The Stella's are out tonight

I used to respect your football knowledge Polo mate, but anyone that thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi is talking absolute nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

To say Ronaldo does it year by year, sounds like you're implying that Messi doesn't!

I can understand what he is saying. Bale is perfect for Wales in terms of how he pulls the rest of the team together.
    I doubt many international teams have the same togetherness as wales. Bale also does the dirty stuff for Wales which ronaldo doesn't do.
    Ronaldo is obviously better than Bale but I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world for Wales as we get everything from him that we can.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I used to respect your football knowledge Polo mate, but anyone that thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi is talking absolute nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

To say Ronaldo does it year by year, sounds like you're implying that Messi doesn't!
    Messi's goalscoring numbers are better than Ronaldo's too.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Each to their own mate. Messi is not the player he was imo and Ronaldo is getting better it seems.

As I said he wasn't blessed with Messis natural ability but his sheer will to win and be the best is what sets the two apart.

Messi looks to me like a footballer not enjoying his job anymore. It's a job to him where has Ronaldo is still like a little kid playing the game for the first time.

If you asked me the question 5/6 years ago I was Messi all day long but I've been converted to camp Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Messi's goalscoring numbers are better than Ronaldo's too.
    are they?

are they?
    Yes. By career overall and last season.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes. By career overall and last season.
    When Messi comes and plays 5 seasons in the Prem perhaps we can compare overall.

Ronaldos goals per game ratio for Madrid is better than Messis for Barca.

I don't buy into the messi being blessed with ability which ronaldo wasn't lucky enough to have. Messi was born with 2 feet the same as everyone else he has worked for a long time to be that good if anything Ronaldo is more forunate that Messi

But all the best players from premier league recently have moved to Spain Ronaldo bale suarez

Where as the best pl players aguero sanchez came from la liga but weren't wanted by the barca or real

Messi had the entire Barcelona team built around him, and he played in the same tiki-taka system from a young age. Ronaldo has played for 3 different clubs and also done well for Portugal.