As weak as your spelling?

Re: Keith Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    As weak as your spelling?
    Yes. Weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes. Weaker.
    Sorry, can you clarify? You're saying they are equivalent and then not equivalent in the space of two words. Succinct I suppose.

Sorry, can you clarify? You're saying they are equivalent and then not equivalent in the space of two words. Succinct I suppose.
    Weaker

Weaker
    Thank you, Polo. All opinions are of course welcome.

I fear we'll have to agree to disagree.

Well that takes me back to my original point then. If you're going to compare because "they are similar players, playing for smaller nations" then compare everything.

"Well done great tracking back by Bale you wouldn't see Ronaldo doing that for Portugal".

No, you'd normally see him up the other end banging the goals in carrying the team more than Bale does for Wales!!! Did Andrews miss the fact Ronaldo carried them to winning a major tournament just 14 months ago?!?'

Bales international record is excellent, Ronaldos is even better. As much as Bale is brilliant and I am proud that he's Welsh he's not in the same league as Ronaldo (and Messi who has worked his way into the thread).

As for Bale carrying Madrid in Ronaldos absence that's a load of bollox. Bale has been more carried than the carrier for Madrid. He's had 1 outstanding season in 4. Ronaldo is outstanding year after year.
    When ronaldo was injured at the end of the season, I think 15/16, bale was scoring the winning goal regularly. But Bale has been too hampered by injury though to do it consistently.

And ronaldo didn't even have a good tournament I don't think. Anonymous in first two games. Scored 2 in the third against Hungary I think. Went quiet again and pops up with a header against us in the semis, but didn't play well at all, goes off injured in the final 10 mins in.

Why people say he carried them is beyond me..he carried them in the qualifiers, but no more than bale did us!

Anyway back to the point that it's fine to compare them. It's fine because Bale tackled in our own box which isn't expected. They're both expected to attack and score goals, which obviously ronaldo is better at. If ronaldo put gloves on and went in goals it would be fine to say you wouldn't see bale doing that. Cos it's not expected.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Asensio?
    I was on about previously. asensio has just burst on the scene, haven't he. He does seem to be more effective than Bale for Madrid though, I agree.

Portugal win 1-0 away to Hungary to book at least a play off spot.

Ronaldo didn't score but he did assist so according to at least one person on this thread he won't be happy even though the team won.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    When ronaldo was injured at the end of the season, I think 15/16, bale was scoring the winning goal regularly. But Bale has been too hampered by injury though to do it consistently.

And ronaldo didn't even have a good tournament I don't think. Anonymous in first two games. Scored 2 in the third against Hungary I think. Went quiet again and pops up with a header against us in the semis, but didn't play well at all, goes off injured in the final 10 mins in.

Why people say he carried them is beyond me..he carried them in the qualifiers, but no more than bale did us!

Anyway back to the point that it's fine to compare them. It's fine because Bale tackled in our own box which isn't expected. They're both expected to attack and score goals, which obviously ronaldo is better at. If ronaldo put gloves on and went in goals it would be fine to say you wouldn't see bale doing that. Cos it's not expected.

No I'm not arguing for the sake of it. 24 hours on and I still don't see the need for Andrews to bring Ronaldo into the analysis last night?

He could have praised Bales work ethic without the dig at Ronaldo?

I just think to make a dig at Ronaldo is ignorant to everything else that he brings to the table, which is more than any other player in Europe.

Polo, you are not saving this board as per your imagination, you are sucking the life out of it.

Your anger, your lies, your negativity - you are killing this place.

Please go back to the other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Polo, you are not saving this board as per your imagination, you are sucking the life out of it.

No

And until Mike decides otherwise I will be sticking around to annoy you.

Another football thread ruined by going off topic

No

And until Mike decides otherwise I will be sticking around to annoy you.
    You amuse me, not annoy me.

But he's right in this thread he's just built a certain reputation as someone to have a good argument with. We all love bale but him and Ronaldo are world's apart anyway bale shouldn't be trackng back Gunter should be doing his job and bale should be doing his which is up the top end banging the goals in

But he's right in this thread he's just built a certain reputation as someone to have a good argument with. We all love bale but him and Ronaldo are world's apart anyway bale shouldn't be trackng back Gunter should be doing his job and bale should be doing his which is up the top end banging the goals in
    Good point. Bale is so good that I think sometimes he tries to do everything, and some people seem happy to let him. The fact is, he'd probably be the best player in any position on the pitch for wales (except goalie and I'm not convinced he wouldn't be tbh) but we need him up front as you say. Sure he worked hard last night, but the creative spark didn't seem to be there for me.

No I'm not arguing for the sake of it. 24 hours on and I still don't see the need for Andrews to bring Ronaldo into the analysis last night?

He could have praised Bales work ethic without the dig at Ronaldo?

I just think to make a dig at Ronaldo is ignorant to everything else that he brings to the table, which is more than any other player in Europe.
    Fair comment, good debate.

But do you really think he carried Portugal at the Euros? He scores two in one game and played well. He scored one in the semis but didn't do much else. He played for the mins in the final. He didn't play well in any other game.

How is that carrying?

Go and check the stats the only time bale as been anywhere near Ronaldo was in 13/14, Bale is a marvelous player but he'll always be in ronaldo's shadow at Madrid which is why I would prefer him to move to man utd

Go and check the stats the only time bale as been anywhere near Ronaldo was in 13/14, Bale is a marvelous player but he'll always be in ronaldo's shadow at Madrid which is why I would prefer him to move to man utd
    How much of that though is down to Ronaldo at Real? He certainly didn't seem happy Bale's signing, clattered him at training early on. Seemed to me that it was inevitable that Ronaldo was always going to be top dog regardless, especially amongst fans and media.

I'd agree with you on Bale going to Man Utd if that deal ever happened.

I didn't say Bale was in any way better than Ronaldo

Maybe my memory is going, about the only part of me that hasn't given up the ghost, but wasn't Bale bought by Real as they thought Ronaldo would be off that season?

I didn't say Bale was in any way better than Ronaldo
    No but you did say he carried Madrid (probably not the best term to use) in ronaldo's absence which must've been a handful of games because his app are a lot higher than bales since he's been there. I just think it was a daft thing to say by Andrews because for me bale was out of position and shouldn't be there you wouldn't catch Messi or Ronaldo in those areas of the pitch because they know where they need to be

Maybe my memory is going, about the only part of me that hasn't given up the ghost, but wasn't Bale bought by Real as they thought Ronaldo would be off that season?
    Don't remember that tbh I thought it was real just being real and buying the best players around because they can

Don't remember that tbh I thought it was real just being real and buying the best players around because they can
    That's my recollection too.

Maybe he was seen as a long term rather than immediate replacement for Ronaldo but performance of both players in the 4 years since he signed, and the emergence of Asensio, would probably mean that's not going to.be the case now.

Fair comment, good debate.

But do you really think he carried Portugal at the Euros? He scores two in one game and played well. He scored one in the semis but didn't do much else. He played for the mins in the final. He didn't play well in any other game.

How is that carrying?
    On reflection carrying isn't the right word in relation to the finals themselves but he has carried Portugal for years. He did score important goals in the finals though, his equaliser v Hungary, and the winner against us in the semis.
    The point I think I'm trying to make is for all the players in Europe for Andrews to have a dig at when praising Bales performance for his country then Ronaldo is the wrong man!!!
    His international record is unquestionable, and he's just captained his country to victory in a major tournament.