+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Hell

What the Hell

My beloved Bluebirds sit proudly at the top of the league following a fantastic set of result throughout August, and yesterday my country are back in the game for world cup qualification thanks to a stunning goal from a talented 17 yr old with bags of potential.

After saying my goodbye's to family and friends at the stadium I make my way to central for the last train home to Aberdare in a somewhat buoyant mood.

However, within about ten mins of my journey the packed carriage I was in soon altered my mood. Are my ears deceiving me in my old age, no, a large group of lads who had been to the game are singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley and thereafter debating the merits of Harry effin Kane.

So much for the valleys being the bedrock of city supporters. Little wonder we can't attract 20,000 crowds despite the way we are playing and winning games. We are without doubt Premier League when it comes to plastic supporters and coming from a big family of season ticket holders for decades down the city, I for one can't understand how anyone can have an affinity to teams in a different country, when they have a team on their doorstep to support.

Re: What the Hell

Well said. Must have been sickening.
    Power of TV I'm afraid. Cant see it will ever change even if we are in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    My beloved Bluebirds sit proudly at the top of the league following a fantastic set of result throughout August, and yesterday my country are back in the game for world cup qualification thanks to a stunning goal from a talented 17 yr old with bags of potential.

After saying my goodbye's to family and friends at the stadium I make my way to central for the last train home to Aberdare in a somewhat buoyant mood.

However, within about ten mins of my journey the packed carriage I was in soon altered my mood. Are my ears deceiving me in my old age, no, a large group of lads who had been to the game are singing Spurs are on their way to Wembley and thereafter debating the merits of Harry effin Kane.

So much for the valleys being the bedrock of city supporters. Little wonder we can't attract 20,000 crowds despite the way we are playing and winning games. We are without doubt Premier League when it comes to plastic supporters and coming from a big family of season ticket holders for decades down the city, I for one can't understand how anyone can have an affinity to teams in a different country, when they have a team on their doorstep to support.
    Very very odd. They should have been talking about the merits of Ben Woodburn. A new star was born last night and one that plays for Wales and is no longer eligible to play for England.

Couldn't believe it to tell you the truth. But as stated above, can't see it being any different regardless of any success we may get. Yeah, Woodburn all tied up now to do the same with that Sheff Utd midfielder Brooks who looks an absolute star if the last 20 mins I saw of our fantastic 3 - 0 U21 win on Friday was anything to go by. Thought we had lost him when he appeared for England in the Toloun Competition, but Pagey appears to have got him back. Never a done deal though until they get that full cap, would love to see him on the bench Tuesday personally, because players of his potential, don't come around to often.

This is one of the main reasons I hate Liverpool they're ****ing everywhere up here

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I hate Liverpool they're ****ing everywhere up here
    Yup, in the 2 years i've been here, you'd swear i'd moved to Merseyside!

Couldn't believe it to tell you the truth. But as stated above, can't see it being any different regardless of any success we may get. Yeah, Woodburn all tied up now to do the same with that Sheff Utd midfielder Brooks who looks an absolute star if the last 20 mins I saw of our fantastic 3 - 0 U21 win on Friday was anything to go by. Thought we had lost him when he appeared for England in the Toloun Competition, but Pagey appears to have got him back. Never a done deal though until they get that full cap, would love to see him on the bench Tuesday personally, because players of his potential, don't come around to often.
    Brooks is an odd one. Bring him into the squad on Tuesday night and if and just if we are winning comfortably bring him on and tie him to Wales. Don't think Coleman will include him though.

Good side Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Brooks is an odd one. Bring him into the squad on Tuesday night and if and just if we are winning comfortably bring him on and tie him to Wales. Don't think Coleman will include him though.
    Get him on for the last few mins.
    Building the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good side Spurs

By this logic shouldn't people from Aberdare, Merthyr, heads of the valleys be supporting Merthyr Town and not Cardiff City?

Also Aberdare to Liberty Stadiun is less miles than Aberdare to the CCS.

Just saying

Makes a refreshing change from Man U or Liverpool. Besides just be glad it wasn't Bony they were singing about.

I hate it too.

I see people walking around with Chelsea shirts and some of them have never even been to London, let alone Stamford Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I hate it too.

I see people walking around with Chelsea shirts and some of them have never even been to London, let alone Stamford Bridge.

Thats probably Diego Costa you saw if its this season.

23:20, last train from Cardiff General to The Rhondda on Friday night's are quality, great entertainment

Deluded kaants the lot of um.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This ^^^

I ignore the glory hunting plastics in work with me. It's the WE this and We that, that does me bloody head in

Proud Welshmen/women mind

Yup, in the 2 years i've been here, you'd swear i'd moved to Merseyside!
    DIvvUECXoAEEVNJ.jpg

The kid celebrating at the front of the crowd is wearing a Liverpool training top..
    I blame the parents.

When you are drunk after a game mind, you do start hearing songs in your head. It may have been you??

I used go to ninian park occasionally but I followed arsenal really.

Then cardiff played arsenal and I heard the english fans chanting and realised i was being silly.

Not hard really. If youre a kid growing up and you have sky you will see and follow one of the big un's. There is no conscious decision made about where a team is from exactly.

Thierry henry was the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    When you are drunk after a game mind, you do start hearing songs in your head. It may have been you??
    Teetotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    DIvvUECXoAEEVNJ.jpg

The kid celebrating at the front of the crowd is wearing a Liverpool training top..
    I blame the parents.
    Still not as bad as the WRU/British Lions tops you sometimes see at Wales games

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    DIvvUECXoAEEVNJ.jpg

I blame the parents.
    And I bet he didn't even know who Ben was

Added to that many other Welsh fans attending the game and living in the Cardiff area, won't feel the need to support thier local club .

International fans so fickle, not all, but quite a few.