+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: John Lewis

Re: John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can bring anything down if you plan it well enough
    Do you think this is part of some wider nefarious plan then?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Good points and I hadn't thought of how much an influence parents have.

It isn't so much forcing the children down a route, as them naturally looking to follow.

My niece is all things make up etc. No doubt TV has not helped, but that would be picked up just from seeing her mother get ready to go out I guess?.
    Or her uncle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You know they are not just removing clothes though right?
    He's hurried off - probably to get that 9K back ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    9 grand and not a jar of glue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    To be fair to Adz he's just repeating the garbage (imo) that they are teaching them these days.

To be fair to Adz he's just repeating the garbage (imo) that they are teaching them these days.
    Brainwashing more like

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Brainwashing more like
    Yep.

And the worst part is any counter argument is just met with the standard "the older generation are just stuck in their ways" mantra - mainly because all this gender neutral stuff is just horseshit.

Boys are boys, girls are girls - it's quite simple really.

Blog Entries

Brainwashing more like
    I try not to call it brainwashing because people take it as a bit of an insult we should start calling it by it's real name, ideological subversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Yep.

And the worst part is any counter argument is just met with the standard "the older generation are just stuck in their ways" mantra - mainly because all this gender neutral stuff is just horseshit.

Boys are boys, girls are girls - it's quite simple really.
    Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

I try not to call it brainwashing because people take it as a bit of an insult we should start calling it by it's real name, ideological subversion.
    The beauty of it, just like in the religion thread, is that people suddenly believe they have made a miraculous discovery. They don't stop to think that maybe there are behaviour psychologists and anthropologists beavering away in the background, trying their hardest to effect change. They do it in other countries, so why not here?

Brainwashing more like
    education is brainwashing *puts on tin foil*

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
    how lovely of you to put a lil bit of homophobic rhetoric 🙃

Blog Entries

The beauty of it, just like in the religion thread, is that people suddenly believe they have made a miraculous discovery. They don't stop to think that maybe there are behaviour psychologists and anthropologists beavering away in the background, trying their hardest to effect change. They do it in other countries, so why not here?
    We wouldn't fall for that would we?

Also coercive conditioning and control.

In the days of true equality, why are we are not looking at why male suicides are so high in specific age groups, why the average life expectancy for a man is still lower than that of a woman, why there is so much emphasis on women being abused by men (with the emphasis that men in general are to be despised - which in turn is a firm of abuse), with barely any support for men who are being abused (not just physically).
    The largely women led groups that are pushing through these agendas, don't want adult egalitarian conversations as it would highlight many areas where women are the abusers, through emotional, psychological and coercive control. This disempowers many men and sadly a number of those may react and retaliate in less subtle ways.
    Those less subtle ways will make the headlines, reach the police / courts, affect custody of children, etc. However, many men need support and protection from the disempowering abuses from many women.
    Of course there are many other reasons that many other men abuse women without there being any provocation from women.
    We need to support women AND men, but there is very little, if any support for men.
    If we are moving towards gender neutrality and egalitarianism, then we need to look after, support, protect and even guide men to a better quality of life.
    On egalitarian front, I would love to see more women scaffolders, sewerage workers and other dirty and dangerous jobs.
    I would also like to see no differentiation in men and women's sports.
    Women should play equally against men at Wimbledon, golf and other sports and the prize money being shared to the best players overall, not being shared equally as to who the best women (over 3 sets) and who the best men are, as at present.
    It's the pressure from women's group that wanted equal prize money at Wimbledon, as an example, that could potentially create more problems for women in the long run.
    Selective equality is NOT equality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    In the days of true equality, why are we are not looking at why male suicides are so high in specific age groups, why the average life expectancy for a man is still lower than that of a woman, why there is so much emphasis on women being abused by men (with the emphasis that men in general are to be despised - which in turn is a firm of abuse), with barely any support for men who are being abused (not just physically).
    The largely women led groups that are pushing through these agendas, don't want adult egalitarian conversations as it would highlight many areas where women are the abusers, through emotional, psychological and coercive control. This disempowers many men and sadly a number of those may react and retaliate in less subtle ways.
    Those less subtle ways will make the headlines, reach the police / courts, affect custody of children, etc. However, many men need support and protection from the disempowering abuses from many women.
    Of course there are many other reasons that many other men abuse women without there being any provocation from women.
    We need to support women AND men, but there is very little, if any support for men.
    If we are moving towards gender neutrality and egalitarianism, then we need to look after, support, protect and even guide men to a better quality of life.
    On egalitarian front, I would love to see more women scaffolders, sewerage workers and other dirty and dangerous jobs.
    I would also like to see no differentiation in men and women's sports.
    Women should play equally against men at Wimbledon, golf and other sports and the prize money being shared to the best players overall, not being shared equally as to who the best women (over 3 sets) and who the best men are, as at present.
    It's the pressure from women's group that wanted equal prize money at Wimbledon, as an example, that could potentially create more problems for women in the long run.
    Selective equality is NOT equality.
    This pic pretty much sums up the first part of your post and is one of the reasons I can't stand modern day feminism, I'm all for ballancing the scales when it comes to fairness and rights ect but they are starting to tip the scales the other way which will just create a whole new set of problems imo.
    It's interesting that you say about male suicide rates because studies suggest that women are more unhappy now than they have ever been too, they are driving a wedge between men and women when they should be in harmony with each other.

I don't agree with the sports thing, they should not be mixed together imo, for a start 100% equality is an impossible task because men and women ARE different, if women's tennis brings in less revenue than men's tennis then tough luck I'm afraid, the prize money has to be set accordingly, getting the same prize money is not equal rights it's just equal pay, female topless models earn a hell of a lot more than male topless models, you don't hear men moaning about that do you? no because that's just the way it is and they accept that.

Who actually really cares if the women at Wimbledon earn the same as the men?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who actually really cares if the women at Wimbledon earn the same as the men?
    Female tennis players?

Blog Entries

Female tennis players?
    They do get the same though if you think about it.

Female tennis players?
    Yep, doesn't really affect anyone else's life. We're not get taxed more to support them.

They do get the same though if you think about it.
    The actual prize money is equal in the 4 grand slam events. However throughout a year a male number 1 tennis player will typically earn twice as much as the female equivalent because there is more money on the rest of the tennis tour.

Then once you add in Sponsorship and other opportunities the Male tennis player will earn a lot more over his career.

During the grand slams, all matches are generally sold out so both genders are bring in the same revenue base. So if these venues decide to pay the winners of the event the same then so be it.

When I make comments about the size of Rachel Riley's tits and women not making good pilots, my mrs accuses me of being sexist. Yet when I punch her in the face she starts ranting about it being wrong to hit a woman. The hypocrisy of it all dumbfounds me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The actual prize money is equal in the 4 grand slam events. However throughout a year a male number 1 tennis player will typically earn twice as much as the female equivalent because there is more money on the rest of the tennis tour.

Then once you add in Sponsorship and other opportunities the Male tennis player will earn a lot more over his career.

During the grand slams, all matches are generally sold out so both genders are bring in the same revenue base. So if these venues decide to pay the winners of the event the same then so be it.
    Good, bad or fair enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    When I make comments about the size of Rachel Riley's tits and women not making good pilots, my mrs accuses me of being sexist. Yet when I punch her in the face she starts ranting about it being wrong to hit a woman. The hypocrisy of it all dumbfounds me.