+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Lewis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: John Lewis

If it doesn't work then they'll just change it back.

Free publicity for the mecca of higher beings JL.

I've got 2 young kids, is this really an issue. I mean if there are a series of size 4-5 plain red t-shirts does it really matter if they are marked boys or girls. If there is a top with dinosaurs on it, or George from peppa pig and then a girl wants to wear it then so what.

I regularly have to take my daughter into the mens toilets, as i cannot go into the ladies, i dont think they are teaming with pedophiles, who are watching the youngsters entering the cubicles.

We already have mixed gender toilets in a lot of places, they are usually single cubicle lockable toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I've got 2 young kids, is this really an issue. I mean if there are a series of size 4-5 plain red t-shirts does it really matter if they are marked boys or girls. If there is a top with dinosaurs on it, or George from peppa pig and then a girl wants to wear it then so what.

I regularly have to take my daughter into the mens toilets, as i cannot go into the ladies, i dont think they are teaming with pedophiles, who are watching the youngsters entering the cubicles.

We already have mixed gender toilets in a lot of places, they are usually single cubicle lockable toilets.
    I think a lot of people get in a huff just because it is change.

The adverts on tv tell parents happy boys like star wars etc, that is ingrained in their heads so they direct them from birth down that path.

The children don't care, so why does anyone really care?.

Maybe eventually we'll be back to being a less judgemental society, not segregating kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

The adverts on tv tell parents happy boys like star wars etc, that is ingrained in their heads so they direct them from birth down that path.

The children don't care, so why does anyone really care?.

Maybe eventually we'll be back to being a less judgemental society, not segregating kids.
    Its a strange one, my daughter goes to a really good netball class, i don't see any problem with boys taking part as well. Its the same with the local cricket side as well, should we have girls in our 5-8 year old system, yes why not.

Its good to see all genders engaging in sport keeping fit, we are not really talking about boys in dresses its about not having strict, netball is for girls, football is for boys. I think especially in sport girls miss out on having that sporting team community around them.

Its a strange one, my daughter goes to a really good netball class, i don't see any problem with boys taking part as well. Its the same with the local cricket side as well, should we have girls in our 5-8 year old system, yes why not.

Its good to see all genders engaging in sport keeping fit, we are not really talking about boys in dresses its about not having strict, netball is for girls, football is for boys. I think especially in sport girls miss out on having that sporting team community around them.
    Netball is a strange one, just girls, i never understand that one

3 of our local Cricket teams have girls teams, infact the girls can play down by 2 years, my youngest plays with the softball on sunday and trains with the hardball on friday, the softball is under 9's, she is 9 now, but can play till she is 11, but we full expect her to play with the hardball next year, though will make a outstanding softball player as she can bat and bowl straight on and hits the wicket 7 out of 10 times ( which will mean her over at bowling will bring in some tidy scores )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Netball is a strange one, just girls, i never understand that one

3 of our local Cricket teams have girls teams, infact the girls can play down by 2 years, my youngest plays with the softball on sunday and trains with the hardball on friday, the softball is under 9's, she is 9 now, but can play till she is 11, but we full expect her to play with the hardball next year, though will make a outstanding softball player as she can bat and bowl straight on and hits the wicket 7 out of 10 times ( which will mean her over at bowling will bring in some tidy scores )
    That's bizarre that girls can play 2 years below, at that age I don't think boys have any physical advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's bizarre that girls can play 2 years below, at that age I don't think boys have any physical advantage
    by all accounts its the way Cricket has always been

a 12 yr old boy will be able to bowl slightly harder that a 12yr old girl, though saying that, my daughter has faced some really fast bowling girls

Hilarious that people are getting so worked up over whether a clothes section in a shop has a sign saying girls and boys or not.
    Let people wear what they like. I'm pretty sure it'll take more than that to bring down society.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm pretty sure it'll take more than that to bring down society.
    You can bring anything down if you plan it well enough

I think when they are in their youth it is fine, they mix and match.

Get to high school then that ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is changing now though with the increase in rugby/football womens coverage.

But I had a go at one of the handful of girls sports during high school, hockey. Far more dangerous than anything the boys did.

To be more precise, it is planned incremental change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    To be more precise, it is planned incremental change.
    Even if it were guaranteed to improve society I imagine you may not look on a change favourably.

I don't think there is much wrong to look for changes so we improve?.

Even if it were guaranteed to improve society I imagine you may not look on a change favourably.

I don't think there is much wrong to look for changes so we improve?.
    I agree, but when it comes to any kind of change it would be helpful to know who is driving the change and for what purpose.