Re: John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Gender is man-made ��
    Er, no it isn't

Thought this thread was about our midfielder from the early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

I assume you mean because they pass on X or Y chromosomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Er, no it isn't
    You guys are mixing up 'gender' and 'sex'

You guys are mixing up 'gender' and 'sex'
    Adz, adz, there are two main genders. Each of those genders has a specific reproductive organ. That's all there is to it.

I will of course accept that some people "do not identify with the gender that they were assigned at birth"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Adz, adz, there are two main genders. Each of those genders has a specific reproductive organ. That's all there is to it.

I will of course accept that some people "do not identify with the gender that they were assigned at birth"
    That is 'sex', not 'gender'. 'Gender' refers to aspects such as clothing, roles in society etc

When you spend 9K for a politics degree, which includes basic gender studies and some random guys on an mb lecture you on the topic wrongly 🙃

When you spend 9K for a politics degree, which includes basic gender studies and some random guys on an mb lecture you on the topic wrongly ��
    Have you failed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Have you failed yet?

What they going to do about sitting on Santa's lap ?

Blog Entries

When you spend 9K for a politics degree, which includes basic gender studies and some random guys on an mb lecture you on the topic wrongly 
    Gender reassignment surgery, gender confirmation surgery, genital reconstruction surgery, gender-affirming surgery, are they just having their clothes changed?

I think this threads a good time to admit that sometimes I like to tuck my mangoods between my legs so that I can be gender neutral.

I believe it's called a mangina.

I recommend it to anyone - especially Hartley, Croesy and Mrs R.

Blog Entries

Not simple enough to answer my question.

Tbh Mrs R, I do not know about the medical aspects about these surgeries so I can't really comment

Blog Entries

Tbh Mrs R, I do not know about the medical aspects about these surgeries so I can't really comment
    You know they are not just removing clothes though right?

It has never been simple, and the definition of 'gender' and 'sex' keeps evolving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender

If it doesn't work then they'll just change it back.

Free publicity for the mecca of higher beings JL.

Tastefull acoustic version of Bowie's Boys Keep Swinging for this years xmas ad...

I've got 2 young kids, is this really an issue. I mean if there are a series of size 4-5 plain red t-shirts does it really matter if they are marked boys or girls. If there is a top with dinosaurs on it, or George from peppa pig and then a girl wants to wear it then so what.

I regularly have to take my daughter into the mens toilets, as i cannot go into the ladies, i dont think they are teaming with pedophiles, who are watching the youngsters entering the cubicles.

We already have mixed gender toilets in a lot of places, they are usually single cubicle lockable toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I've got 2 young kids, is this really an issue. I mean if there are a series of size 4-5 plain red t-shirts does it really matter if they are marked boys or girls. If there is a top with dinosaurs on it, or George from peppa pig and then a girl wants to wear it then so what.

I regularly have to take my daughter into the mens toilets, as i cannot go into the ladies, i dont think they are teaming with pedophiles, who are watching the youngsters entering the cubicles.

We already have mixed gender toilets in a lot of places, they are usually single cubicle lockable toilets.
    I think a lot of people get in a huff just because it is change.

The adverts on tv tell parents happy boys like star wars etc, that is ingrained in their heads so they direct them from birth down that path.

The children don't care, so why does anyone really care?.

Maybe eventually we'll be back to being a less judgemental society, not segregating kids.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

The adverts on tv tell parents happy boys like star wars etc, that is ingrained in their heads so they direct them from birth down that path.

Maybe eventually we'll be back to being a less judgemental society, not segregating kids.
    Have you got any kids?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have you got any kids?
    No i meant to say that I am speaking for myself. And it isn't really a big deal. Other than the fact it means more feminine boys or more masculine girls are immediately stigmatised through school. That is what this is trying to combat. But theyve got no chance.

A relative of mine was completely against baptisms. Then they had a child and here we are, ceremony booked for next year!.

I know things change when youve actually got a kid.

Its a strange one, my daughter goes to a really good netball class, i don't see any problem with boys taking part as well. Its the same with the local cricket side as well, should we have girls in our 5-8 year old system, yes why not.

Its good to see all genders engaging in sport keeping fit, we are not really talking about boys in dresses its about not having strict, netball is for girls, football is for boys. I think especially in sport girls miss out on having that sporting team community around them.

No i meant to say that I am speaking for myself. And it isn't really a big deal. Other than the fact it means more feminine boys or more masculine girls are immediately stigmatised through school. That is what this is trying to combat. But theyve got no chance.

A relative of mine was completely against baptisms. Then they had a child and here we are, ceremony booked for next year!.

I know things change when youve actually got a kid.
    You're not giving kids enough credit for making choices themselves.

Both my girls are girly girls. I wish they liked football as I don't have a son but they don't. The play netball and go to gymnastics and dance. They like to where dresses. They both have long hair. All of their best friends are other girls. That's not influenced by their parents, TV or gender labels on clothes. It's what they have naturally gravitated towards as they've grown up.
    We have several lesbians on my fathers side of the family so we are not a judgemental family but I sometimes feel we are going too far the other way to keep the minorities happy.

It's almost getting to the point to where normal kids who are not LGBTQ or whatever other letter they've added since last week are made to feel guilty for conforming to the norm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It has never been simple, and the definition of 'gender' and 'sex' keeps evolving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender
    Historically and throughout my lifetime the terms "sex" and "gender" have been used interchangeably, I get that things are evolving but if they keep using terms like 'Gender reassignment surgery' it's just going to confuse people even more.