+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Lewis

Re: John Lewis

Only a matter of time before midwives won't be allowed to say if it's a boy or girl.

Congratulations it's a gender neutral lgbtq+Citwylnrgaf.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You're not giving kids enough credit for making choices themselves.

Both my girls are girly girls. I wish they liked football as I don't have a son but they don't. The play netball and go to gymnastics and dance. They like to where dresses. They both have long hair. All of their best friends are other girls. That's not influenced by their parents, TV or gender labels on clothes. It's what they have naturally gravitated towards as they've grown up.
    We have several lesbians on my fathers side of the family so we are not a judgemental family but I sometimes feel we are going too far the other way to keep the minorities happy.

It's almost getting to the point to where normal kids who are not LGBTQ or whatever other letter they've added since last week are made to feel guilty for conforming to the norm.
    Do you really give a toss, i mean i'm not going to go this dress hasn't got a girls label in it, then she is not wearing that. Parents who buy the clothes will automatically gravitate to the gender clothes anyway, im sure the shop will separate the clothes anyway, with a section of tops that would suit both genders.

Nobody is normal, my girly girl is more than happy to spend a day down the football with me, my lad is happy playing girly games with his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Do you really give a toss, i mean i'm not going to go this dress hasn't got a girls label in it, then she is not wearing that. Parents who buy the clothes will automatically gravitate to the gender clothes anyway, im sure the shop will separate the clothes anyway, with a section of tops that would suit both genders.

Nobody is normal, my girly girl is more than happy to spend a day down the football with me, my lad is happy playing girly games with his sister.
    Not really, not enough to get worked up over, my girls have always worn a lot of navy, the colour suits them, it's readily available already in girls sections and doesn't need a gender free label on it.

i get worked up more by the martyrs making a bigger issue of it than needs to be made. Do we really need people campaigning for gender fluid clothing sections in the first place?

Mrs R put a link up with some fuss being made over a "boys will be boys" t shirt saying it was teaching our children that disrespecting women was ok?!??

Worlds gone mad

Not really, not enough to get worked up over, my girls have always worn a lot of navy, the colour suits them, it's readily available already in girls sections and doesn't need a gender free label on it.

i get worked up more by the martyrs making a bigger issue of it than needs to be made. Do we really need people campaigning for gender fluid clothing sections in the first place?

Mrs R put a link up with some fuss being made over a "boys will be boys" t shirt saying it was teaching our children that disrespecting women was ok?!??
    The so called Martyrs are fed by the ranters. People will always moan.

I dont think i would buy my son a 'boys will be boys' t-shirt, but then i wouldnt by any slogan t-shirts either.

The navy tops you speak of will not have a gender free tag, they will simply have no gender tag on them at all. If the item is a navy polo top it would be suitable for a boy or a girl.

The so called Martyrs are fed by the ranters. People will always moan.

I dont think i would buy my son a 'boys will be boys' t-shirt, but then i wouldnt by any slogan t-shirts either.

The navy tops you speak of will not have a gender free tag, they will simply have no gender tag on them at all. If the item is a navy polo top it would be suitable for a boy or a girl.
    I wouldn't put a navy Ralph polo with frills around the placket and shoulders on a boy but each to their own.

I usually shop in Bicester Village once a season for them and it's carnage enough in the Ralph shop where it's nicely divided into age and gender sections. I hope they don't follow the current trend and go all gender fluid.

I wouldn't put a navy Ralph polo with frills around the placket on a boy but each to their own.

I usually shop in Bicester Village once a season for them and it's carnage enough in the Ralph shop where it's nicely divided into age and gender sections. I hope they don't follow the current trend and go all gender fluid.
    John Lewis are not removing the sections from its store, if you go on their website there are still boys and girls clothes sections.

There just will not be a tag on the clothing saying boys, or girls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Only a matter of time before midwives won't be allowed to say if it's a boy or girl.

If none of it matters why change anything?

Worlds gone mad
    You can't say 'Boys will be boys' but the recent trend of 'The future is female' products are fine.

John Lewis are not removing the sections from its store, if you go on their website there are still boys and girls clothes sections.

There just will not be a tag on the clothing saying boys, or girls.
    Have you read the OP? It says John Lewis have done away with boys and girls sections in their stores.

I hope the stores I use don't follow suit because I'm an impatient bastard at the best of times without trawling through boys and girls clothes just to appease a tiny miniroty.

Have you read the OP? It says John Lewis have done away with boys and girls sections in their stores.

I hope the stores I use don't follow suit because I'm an impatient bastard at the best of times without trawling through boys and girls clothes just to appease a tiny miniroty.
    edit, scrub that i was reading a different article.

There will still be sections, they wont mix it all up. The website is still showing different section categories.

Its a strange one, my daughter goes to a really good netball class, i don't see any problem with boys taking part as well. Its the same with the local cricket side as well, should we have girls in our 5-8 year old system, yes why not.

Its good to see all genders engaging in sport keeping fit, we are not really talking about boys in dresses its about not having strict, netball is for girls, football is for boys. I think especially in sport girls miss out on having that sporting team community around them.
    Netball is a strange one, just girls, i never understand that one

3 of our local Cricket teams have girls teams, infact the girls can play down by 2 years, my youngest plays with the softball on sunday and trains with the hardball on friday, the softball is under 9's, she is 9 now, but can play till she is 11, but we full expect her to play with the hardball next year, though will make a outstanding softball player as she can bat and bowl straight on and hits the wicket 7 out of 10 times ( which will mean her over at bowling will bring in some tidy scores )

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

i think in your excitement of typing the acronyms you added a g, unless they have added it in the last 15 mins

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I think a lot of people get in a huff just because it is change.
    To be more precise, it is planned incremental change.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Netball is a strange one, just girls, i never understand that one

3 of our local Cricket teams have girls teams, infact the girls can play down by 2 years, my youngest plays with the softball on sunday and trains with the hardball on friday, the softball is under 9's, she is 9 now, but can play till she is 11, but we full expect her to play with the hardball next year, though will make a outstanding softball player as she can bat and bowl straight on and hits the wicket 7 out of 10 times ( which will mean her over at bowling will bring in some tidy scores )
    That's bizarre that girls can play 2 years below, at that age I don't think boys have any physical advantage

Hilarious that people are getting so worked up over whether a clothes section in a shop has a sign saying girls and boys or not.
    Let people wear what they like. I'm pretty sure it'll take more than that to bring down society.

I wouldn't put a navy Ralph polo with frills around the placket and shoulders on a boy but each to their own.

my 2 girls both wore alot of " osh kosh b'gosh " the oldest had loads of it, ranging from polo shirts, T shirts, shorts and the odd dress, when she was in pre-school it was the " thing to wear ", we stumbled across a outlet store in Orlando ( i must tell you more about my Orlando trips, remind me one day ) the $ rate was close to 2 for 1 and this outlet store was ridiculously cheap, we got them to fit and then the next 2 ages up, we filled a suitcase with stuff, it was quality stuff and did the youngest when she hit the same ages a few years on
    Now osh kosh b'gosh did not have " gender clothes ", they of course has dress's, but the shorts and tops were for both, which i commented on at the time, maybe it was the start, maybe it was that they just couldnt be arsed to have a girls and boys section ? ? ?

You're not giving kids enough credit for making choices themselves.

Both my girls are girly girls. I wish they liked football as I don't have a son but they don't. The play netball and go to gymnastics and dance. They like to where dresses. They both have long hair. All of their best friends are other girls. That's not influenced by their parents, TV or gender labels on clothes. It's what they have naturally gravitated towards as they've grown up.
    We have several lesbians on my fathers side of the family so we are not a judgemental family but I sometimes feel we are going too far the other way to keep the minorities happy.

It's almost getting to the point to where normal kids who are not LGBTQ or whatever other letter they've added since last week are made to feel guilty for conforming to the norm.
    Good points and I hadn't thought of how much an influence parents have.

It isn't so much forcing the children down a route, as them naturally looking to follow.

My niece is all things make up etc. No doubt TV has not helped, but that would be picked up just from seeing her mother get ready to go out I guess?.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's bizarre that girls can play 2 years below, at that age I don't think boys have any physical advantage
    by all accounts its the way Cricket has always been

a 12 yr old boy will be able to bowl slightly harder that a 12yr old girl, though saying that, my daughter has faced some really fast bowling girls

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    To be more precise, it is planned incremental change.
    Even if it were guaranteed to improve society I imagine you may not look on a change favourably.

I don't think there is much wrong to look for changes so we improve?.

a 12 yr old boy will be able to bowl slightly harder that a 12yr old girl, though saying that, my daughter has faced some really fast bowling girls
    I think it varies. I remember a girl coming through the set-up the same time as one of my friends and they played all their cricket together at the same age, i think she jacked it in at U15 level.

I played senior cricket, and there was a girl in the opposition team the other month.

Sarah Taylor played first grade males cricket in Australia. That's a decent standard as well.

I think cricket can cross over, its a game with guile that can overcome power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm pretty sure it'll take more than that to bring down society.
    You can bring anything down if you plan it well enough

I think it varies. I remember a girl coming through the set-up the same time as one of my friends and they played all their cricket together at the same age, i think she jacked it in at U15 level.

I played senior cricket, and there was a girl in the opposition team the other month.

Sarah Taylor played first grade males cricket in Australia. That's a decent standard as well.

I think cricket can cross over, its a game with guile that can overcome power.
    very true

Its a strange one, my daughter goes to a really good netball class, i don't see any problem with boys taking part as well. Its the same with the local cricket side as well, should we have girls in our 5-8 year old system, yes why not.

Its good to see all genders engaging in sport keeping fit, we are not really talking about boys in dresses its about not having strict, netball is for girls, football is for boys. I think especially in sport girls miss out on having that sporting team community around them.
    I think when they are in their youth it is fine, they mix and match.

Get to high school then that ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is changing now though with the increase in rugby/football womens coverage.

But I had a go at one of the handful of girls sports during high school, hockey. Far more dangerous than anything the boys did.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Even if it were guaranteed to improve society I imagine you may not look on a change favourably.

I don't think there is much wrong to look for changes so we improve?.
    I agree, but when it comes to any kind of change it would be helpful to know who is driving the change and for what purpose.

As the great Homer Simpson once said "Girls should stick to their own sports like naked mud wrestling, and foxy boxing, and such and such"

Physically I think there isn't really any difference in strength until puberty, I dont doubt boys probably are better at that age but that's probably more to do with how much they're encouraged to take up sports.