+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Analysis of Wales' tactical switch

Analysis of Wales' tactical switch

Found this blog post linked on the Apostle messageboard (Welsh football messageboard)

https://patternofplay.blogspot.co.uk...r-success.html

Very interesting and showed how well King and Edwards did in taking Alaba out of the game

Re: Analysis of Wales' tactical switch

Good use of pictures to emphasise the points being made. An interesting and informative read, thanks for posting the link .

I personally could not watch that type of game week in and out without being inebriated.

I'm sure if Cardiff played like that we would have some criticisms flying around, such as the viewpoints Slade and Trollope attracted .

We used all our luck getting to HT at 0-0.I feel that we were a bit slow making the tactical adjustments and we were lucky not to be chasing the game 2-0 down.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    We used all our luck getting to HT at 0-0.I feel that we were a bit slow making the tactical adjustments and we were lucky not to be chasing the game 2-0 down.
    How many chances did Austria create? They were dominant however for whatever reason (it may have been us digging in, may have been Austria over playing it or may have been luck) they didn't test our goal as often as it felt they should have.

Great little blog post that, thanks for posting.

Having read the analysis what's the plan ,shall we creap up the field a bit more and get some bodies to run into that square box thingy, where the keeper chappie is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good use of pictures to emphasise the points being made. An interesting and informative read, thanks for posting the link .
    + 1