Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
Using his mum was weird but the alternative was "you were right I was wrong" and that just isn't in Tan's DNA.

Yes there was that cup game, but what was the attendance against Portsmouth in the cup this season?

Sure, some fans panicked a bit because they thought the withdrawal of his investment would effectively kill the club. Would it have done? Who knows, but who wanted to take that chance? And do you really think a couple of panicky letters in the Echo made any difference?

I had similar arguments with Reds in the ground. Their actions were shameful. Funny that since we got relegated I've not seen the protagonists since.
The Portsmouth cup game is irrelevant, unless you're suggesting Tan should have used the low attendance to reverse the reverse of the reverse of the reverse of the rebrand (think I got them all).

Tan and/or the club actually mentioned the e-mails of support at a later stage, so whilst I agree that the letters of support made no difference, they were tools/weapons in his arsenal. He played the fanbase like a fiddle, especially with that initial reversal. I find it as unsavoury now as I did then but it certainly does not pre-occupy my time and the only reason we are discussing this now is because of a typical international break article in a failing rag.