+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Re: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Why should he apologise? If my memory isn't playing tricks on me didn't it go along the lines of

VT I'll give you a shitload if money if we play in red

Board hmm shitloads of money you say? We'll play in pink tutu's if you want

VT ok then, here's the dosh

Sure he was ill advised, but somebody told him it wouldn't be a problem and I almost feel sorry for the bloke, knowing little about football, the culture or us, he wasn't ready for the shitstorm of abuse he received. Put yourselves in his shoes. Invest a load of money expecting us to be grateful only to get dogs abuse and to cap it all the bloke you've trusted with that money pisses most of it away.

For my money, his actions (returning us to blue and STILL pumping money in) speak far louder than any words of apology.

I get that people can't get past what happened, I really do, but you must surely get to the point of forgetting about it and going back to enjoying your football or you REALLY forget about it and go and do something that does make you happy. If posting the same old arguments about Tan is what makes people happy then surely they need to reevaluate their life choices.
    I'd like to think that most of us have many years left on this planet, are we still going to be having this argument when we're all geriatric?
    I think it was Big Gwyn who used the pink tutu analogy not the board but I get your point.

The rest of your post is spot on. You're a long time dead.

Why should he apologise? If my memory isn't playing tricks on me didn't it go along the lines of

Sure he was ill advised, but somebody told him it wouldn't be a problem and I almost feel sorry for the bloke, knowing little about football, the culture or us, he wasn't ready for the shitstorm of abuse he received. Put yourselves in his shoes. Invest a load of money expecting us to be grateful only to get dogs abuse and to cap it all the bloke you've trusted with that money pisses most of it away.

For my money, his actions (returning us to blue and STILL pumping money in) speak far louder than any words of apology.

I get that people can't get past what happened, I really do, but you must surely get to the point of forgetting about it and going back to enjoying your football or you REALLY forget about it and go and do something that does make you happy. If posting the same old arguments about Tan is what makes people happy then surely they need to reevaluate their life choices.
    I'd like to think that most of us have many years left on this planet, are we still going to be having this argument when we're all geriatric?
    I'm sure being a fellow Catholic TH63 that you're familiar with to err is human and to forgive divine 😃 So I'm in agreement with you here.

It was a bit of an embarrassubg episode but it's gone now and in fainrness to VT apart from when Malkay is mentioned like most good chairmen should be he's in the background.

I'd have a pint with him ....😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

I'd have a pint with him ....��
    I hear a few have made it clear they would share a Ice cream with him, 3 quid for a ice cream and he is in the good books

It was scarf night against Brighton in 2013 that I reached my personal Tan-regime nadir.

The Cardiff City Stadium was full of red thanks to the free scarves handed out to supporters as they entered the ground. I refused one and sat solemnly through the match, watching us lose 2-0 and looking at my fellow Bluebirds, wondering what had happened to this grand old club.

I remember a few years back coming across a twitter conversation between Julian Jenkins and Steve Borley where Jenkins admitted that the free red scarves had been his idea and Tan and Borley himself had taken the brunt of the blame.
    I'm sure Tan would have OK'd the idea but the idea wasn't Tan's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Would someone care to explain why I still see the occasional red scarf at the CCS?
    It's because Wales are playing mate.

Happy to help.

Forgiven him for what?
    I dont need to forgive him. He did what he thought in his tiny bubble was the right thing for him and his latest toy.
    Not a case of forgiving him for me ..... i just dont respect him and show him as much contempt as he showed our club and its supporters.
    When he pops his clogs the club will still be here

I think he has learnt about pride and culture within British football, they don't have such a culture in Asia, people will often follow a player there and support him whoever he plays for. Give me Warnock and in blue anyway over Malkys dour football in red.....I don't go much these days but I haven't for years even before the rebrand or hammams reign......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think he has learnt about pride and culture within British football, they don't have such a culture in Asia, people will often follow a player there and support him whoever he plays for. Give me Warnock and in blue anyway over Malkys dour football in red.....I don't go much these days but I haven't for years even before the rebrand or hammams reign......
    I did that with Toshack, although to be fair, I was seven.

I did that with Toshack, although to be fair, I was seven.
    I'm 41 and I've done it with Whitts

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ooh err

Sex claim on CCMB.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Sex claim on CCMB.
    Who groomed who?

Who groomed who?
    It was more stalking than grooming

Sure he was ill advised, but somebody told him it wouldn't be a problem......
    Was he? And did they?

News to me.

Very well said TH63.

Blog Entries

#wellJel

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Very well said TH63.
    I agree and he is doing his best for us. NW keeps praising him and thats good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Would someone care to explain why I still see the occasional red scarf at the CCS?
    Is it because you got that one big ol' red eye?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Was he? And did they?

News to me.
    Clearly his rebrand was ill advised, would you not agree?

And whilst I have no evidence that someone flat out told him it wouldn't be an issue, it's fairly safe to assume that nobody told him that it would be. They just took his money.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Forgiven him for what?
    I dont need to forgive him. He did what he thought in his tiny bubble was the right thing for him and his latest toy.
    Not a case of forgiving him for me ..... i just dont respect him and show him as much contempt as he showed our club and its supporters.
    When he pops his clogs the club will still be here
    Well said, last sentence, let's hope he does leave a football club behind.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that was a very short term solution as i am not sure TG had the money, he would have had to have someone with money behind him
    He was paying the bills though, and the wages. And, he had given Mackay enough money to assemble an interesting young team that reached a major final at Wembley. Tony Clemo he was not.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ooh get you. Maybe vince will round your house and apologise to you in person.
    A general apology would be nice. Instead the coward used his mother to write a note. Weird.

Clearly his rebrand was ill advised, would you not agree?

And whilst I have no evidence that someone flat out told him it wouldn't be an issue, it's fairly safe to assume that nobody told him that it would be. They just took his money.
    That is completely not what you said a few posts back. You stated, almost factually, that someone told Tan that it wouldn't be a problem. I agree, no-one stood up to his ideas on the board, but for you to state that people on the board encouraged him is without any basis at all. Similarly, Borley offered no resistance to Hammam when he floated similar ideas that were greeted less than favourably with a fans get together in the board room of Ninian Park.

I appreciate Borley was funding the club from his kids' inheritance etc etc, and I appreciate he needed his money back. What I could not appreciate was his bare faced lies that if the club didn't get the "investment" (plus 7% interest, must be paid back) they would hit the wall. Some people still swallow that as a fact, but the club had steered clear of the HMRC waters under TG's stewardship and the club were building for a promising future built on solid foundations and with the club living within its means.

Tan goes on about how he has to put in millions every year to keep the club alive. What he doesn't point out is that the club are losing that money because of decisions he made a few years ago (and I'm not talking merely the rebrand here).

People here quite rightly say that Tan should be judged on actions, in which case the often postponed debt to equity exercise. How is that progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Very well said TH63.
    Except he's made a large amount of it up.

And, he's essentially telling anyone who still finds Tan's actions reprehensible to just get over it. It still amazes me that there is more ire directed towards fellow fans for still demanding answers to Tan's years of folly, than there is to Tan for creating an almighty mess in a short amount of time. I guess many live in hope that he'll do it all again and plow millions on expensive players with the promise of the club being debt free in another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Ask Vincent Tan whose club it is.
    I would hope he see's the club as his...I think you have a serious issue understanding the difference between supporting/following something and actually owning it. I can't imagine what you must be like on Instagram!