+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Re: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    BOLLOCKS
    It really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ill-advised as in not sensible, wise or prudent? Certainly.

Ill-advised as in the Emperor received bad advice? Certainly not. That is a myth which has been circulated repeatedly since 2012 by Tan's apologists. On the contrary, the man was advised that the reaction from the fanbase to his rebrand would be far more angry and problematical than it ever actually was. Indeed, senior club officials were genuinely surprised by how meekly the changes were accepted by the overwhelming majority of supporters and in many cases even warmly welcomed. This much I know for a fact as I was involved in four lengthy meetings with the CEO and various other senior club representatives at the time.

In recent years there seems to have been great deal of revision as regards the history of the rebrand. Although it was only implemented a little over a five years ago, it appears many Cardiff City fans have conveniently forgotten what actually happened, who was responsible and why.
    TLG, what are your memories of the club supposedly teetering on the brink of administration in the months leading up to the rebrand?

My memory was that the early Malaysian consortium had sorted out the HMRC issues and that the club was starting to stabilise financially.

That article remind me that Tan said Slade could outlast Wenger. What a twat. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That article remind me that Tan said Slade could outlast Wenger. What a twat. Ha ha ha ha ha!
    Saying he WANTS Slade to outlast wenger != he expects Slade WILL outlast him.

some people just want a reason to hate and blame. Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Saying he WANTS Slade to outlast wenger != he expects Slade WILL outlast him.

some people just want a reason to hate and blame. Pathetic
    It's still stupid. Tan is a ****ing clown. It's not my fault.