+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

It always seemed odd to me that people who purported to love the club were happy to see it go under for the colour of the shirt. Of course it was an unpopular decision but in the overall scheme of things it was that big a deal. Given the abuse Tan received I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he walked away. But he didn't and is still pouring money into the club. That says a lot for me.

Re: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It always seemed odd to me that people who purported to love the club were happy to see it go under for the colour of the shirt. Of course it was an unpopular decision but in the overall scheme of things it was that big a deal. Given the abuse Tan received I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he walked away. But he didn't and is still pouring money into the club. That says a lot for me.
    I think we established long ago that 'red or dead' was a load of bollox. Tan said it himself at the time in all fairness and it's been proven since. It was others around the club and some fans who kept perpetuating it.

Fans who protested in any way didn't want the club to go under, they wanted him to change course. I really like the way things have been managed over the last couple of seasons and it's a real shame this approach wasn't adopted a few seasons back. But it's now time to move on for me in the hope lessons have been learned. With this in mind I do wish he would shut up about Mackay and just get on with doing whatever he thinks he needs to do there.