+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Has there been a better signing pound-for-pound made by Derby in the past 10 years than Craig Bryson?"

"Has there been a better signing pound-for-pound made by Derby in the past 10 years than Craig Bryson?"

Re: "Has there been a better signing pound-for-pound made by Derby in the past 10 years than Craig Bryson?"

Little doubt we have a steal in Bryson. My worry is where he will fit in as he clearly needs to be playing regularly.

Re: "Has there been a better signing pound-for-pound made by Derby in the past 10 years than Craig Bryson?"

Derby fan in work always speaks glowingly of him. Although he said a few years ago he was one of the best midfielders in the division, but has now lost a bit of pace, which has reduced his effectiveness a bit.
    Apparently one of his main attributes was joining in with attacks and getting beyond the strikers. Also his finishing is excellent.

He was still confident he'd be a good signing for us though.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Little doubt we have a steal in Bryson. My worry is where he will fit in as he clearly needs to be playing regularly.
    Yes it was evident from the piece to get the best Craig Bryson he needs to be playing regularly.

Yes Kenneth Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes Kenneth Zohore
    When did he sign for Derby??

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Derby fan in work always speaks glowingly of him. Although he said a few years ago he was one of the best midfielders in the division, but has now lost a bit of pace, which has reduced his effectiveness a bit.
    Apparently one of his main attributes was joining in with attacks and getting beyond the strikers. Also his finishing is excellent.

I'm quite confidant about this signing RJK mate
    I'm actually surprised Derby let him go to a competitor
    I see a lot of Derby fans are very complimentary of him

That's my one doubt about this signing - "box to box midfielders" tend to spend their time closer to one of the boxes than the other after they hit thirty, you don't get too many of them making those late runs to join in with attacks once they leave their twenties behind. Frank Lampard was an exception, but I'd argue that he was one of those rare examples whose defensive workload decreased as he got older because he was so good at the attacking part of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's my one doubt about this signing - "box to box midfielders" tend to spend their time closer to one of the boxes than the other after they hit thirty, you don't get too many of them making those late runs to join in with attacks once they leave their twenties behind. Frank Lampard was an exception, but I'd argue that he was one of those rare examples whose defensive workload decreased as he got older because he was so good at the attacking part of his job.
    Yeah i couldn't help but think that we have just got rid of our own midfielder who was formerly one of the best in the division, but now is in decline. And you would probably expect brysons game to be more reliant on the physical attributes that tend to decline earliest, but I'm still optimistic

Yeah i couldn't help but think that we have just got rid of our own midfielder who was formerly one of the best in the division, but now is in decline. And you would probably expect brysons game to be more reliant on the physical attributes that tend to decline earliest, but I'm still optimistic
    I would hope he has one more good season in him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    When did he sign for Derby??
    yesterday for 20 million ??

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    There lies the rub ,a box to box player has to be tremendously fit , perhaps is performance monitoring has indicated a slow down as he ages , we shall see , we needed someone ?

I think we need to see him play before judgement,I would have preferred Ledley?