+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion on the wane in the UK...

Re: Religion on the wane in the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    https://youtu.be/HA55jGyq2C8

something of interest brother
    Can't access YouTube, internet police on my offshore vessel, will take a look at the end of September! Keep the Faith, non-religous, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    A work colleague's Nan rang to tell him she'd become a Quaker over the weekend because she enjoys the company.
    :tbgrage:

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Sun, drugs and sex. The worship of any or all of which are the true source of every religion and indeed evolution of mankind. Appeal to authority fallacy presented by witch doctors, shaman and priests have been usurped by scientists to explain the mysteries of the universe.

Humans are still animals driven by base instincts to survive and form relationships, community for mutual protection. Those who have the most power have the most fear and exert the most control over free will. As a method to control free thought, religion was and still is that yoke.

A god or not, one day soon we'll all be extinct and the planet will be better for it in the long term.
    I'd go along with this, and I would further surmise that if they knew the game was up, then they certainly hastened the demise of religion.

So what has religion been replaced with? Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Ah, fook.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    For the first time, more than half of people in the UK do not identify as religious, a survey suggests.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41150792
    Another step towards civilization. The God myth is so absurd, I'm more amazed at how many do still believe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbkdrOl3sw

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd go along with this, and I would further surmise that if they knew the game was up, then they certainly hastened the demise of religion.

So what has religion been replaced with? Any guesses?
    Donald Trump?

When I were a lad (said in a Yorkshire accent), up until aged around 12, all my friends and I attended church or chapel every Sunday. We weren't forced to as it was the thing to do. Then within no time hardly anyone other than a minuscule number of middle class kids attended and most of them soon stopped because of the scorn they received.

I knew of no-one of a similar age who didn't have a mother and father who were married. Fast forward to 2017 we find that most UK babies are born out of wedlock and there's three million lone parent families, the majority of whom appear to be corpulent, tatted up, immoral scrubbers who are the progeny of women who share the same profile who long ago discovered that breeding for benefits was a viable source of income.

Whilst all religions (other than Islam - as to criticise that one would be racist) is total brown stuff that's used to shape individuals and societies, Britain's culture and family structures was far stronger when Christian values were in vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    :tbg:

Religion is the opium of the masses.

Never were truer words written.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    When I were a lad (said in a Yorkshire accent), up until aged around 12, all my friends and I attended church or chapel every Sunday. We weren't forced to as it was the thing to do. Then within no time hardly anyone other than a minuscule number of middle class kids attended and most of them soon stopped because of the scorn they received.

I knew of no-one of a similar age who didn't have a mother and father who were married. Fast forward to 2017 we find that most UK babies are born out of wedlock and there's three million lone parent families, the majority of whom appear to be corpulent, tatted up, immoral scrubbers who are the progeny of women who share the same profile who long ago discovered that breeding for benefits was a viable source of income.

Whilst all religions (other than Islam - as to criticise that one would be racist) is total brown stuff that's used to shape individuals and societies, Britain's culture and family structures was far stronger when Christian values were in vogue.
    Illegitimacy is nothing new, and was particularly prevalent in the ruling classes. Now that religion is on the wane, there is no longer a stigma associated with it, which means that single mothers no longer have to kill or abandon their children for sake of appeasing religious zealots. In the 19th century half of murder victims were babies - killed (in the name of God) to avoid the shame.

Anyone who does their family history will find an illegitimate birth - or one where dates don't add up, such as a child born a year after the father died, or the parents have a "surprise" arrive during their late 50's early 60's which clearly had nothing to do with their 22 year old single daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Can't access YouTube, internet police on my offshore vessel, will take a look at the end of September! Keep the Faith, non-religous, of course.
    lol
    brother
    ooooooooo hello sailor
    sorry mate I'm having a strange moment
    some of his other vids are of interest too hes certainly not religious lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Religion is the opium of the masses.

Never were truer words written.
    whos quote was that blue
    we have all heard it said from to time

whos quote was that blue
    Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Karl Marx
    is it the beginning to his book "the communist manifesto" ada?

is it the beginning to his book "the communist manifesto" ada?
    Nah it was from his Critique of Hengel's Philosophy of Right

The Communist Manifesto starts with "A spectre is haunting Europe" (or something along these lines) btw

The Communist Manifesto starts with "A spectre is haunting Europe" (or something along these lines) btw
    Ahhhhhh yeah that's right
    cheers brother

Ahhhhhh yeah that's right
    cheers brother
    It's calm... the 9K I spend per year now is paying off

It's calm... the 9K I spend per year now is paying off

money well spent
    its almost like you are punished for getting an education lol

Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins are worth a look at
    on this subject there are a numerous vids on youtube on thier talks and debates
    mind you being a university grad you could tell me lol

money well spent
    its almost like you are punished for getting an education lol

Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins are worth a look at
    on this subject there are a numerous vids on youtube on thier talks and debates
    mind you being a university grad you could tell me lol
    True - the modules I have chosen for next are less about political philosophy tho but at least I can tell you about the developing world
    Last edited by adz-a32; 05-09-17 at 15:41. Reason: forgot to bolden lol

You can see this is true, by the way most of our society, doesn't seem to have any morals now

whos quote was that blue
    Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Karl Marx
    It's Joey Bada$$ https://genius.com/11249125

True - the modules I have chosen for next are less about POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY tho but at least I can tell you about the DEVELOPING WORLD
    from Marxism
    to the oppression and persecution of poor people up north

from Marxism
    to the oppression and persecution of poor people up north
    Although with the developing world, there are Marxist philosophers who have theories to explain the state of it... Ima tell you more in a few months

*Hegel - just realised I included an 'N' by mistake