+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: Moldova 0 - 2 Wales. Match thread

Re: FT: Moldova 0 - 2 Wales. Match thread

Moldova played very well by their standards tonight, much more organised than when they were in Cardiff this time last year - exactly a year ago today.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Martin O Niell just mentioned that they've got two players suspended for their next game. As we saw tonight, as poor as Moldova are, they can frustrate with some dogged defending. You never know.
    Agreed. Ireland are really struggling now. They will find it difficult to break Moldova down. If we can somehow win in Georgia then we have a great chance of making the play offs.

Great game, i had some funny looks watching the game on my phone at Team bath's Sports training Village, pretty much sure i was the only one watching it the Wifi was lightening fast though

Hope Woodburn gets a few games for Liverpool now before the next break. I would definitely start him in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I agree with Coleman however, in not starting him, a bit more each time will do nicely.
    So we'll just be crap until he comes on then.

Malcolm Allen gets tasered during Wales game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WelshFanZ...189312/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Hope Woodburn gets a few games for Liverpool now before the next break. I would definitely start him in Georgia.

I would like the experienced pros to go about it a bit better, it's not right that a 17 year old is brought on to save the game

Also hope Ledley gets a club asap. We miss him.

With a full strength squad I would go for:

Hennessey

Gunter Chester Williams Davies

Allen Ramsey Ledley

Woodburn HRK Bale

Really upping their team photo game as well....

DI_BLxMXUAE3MyC.jpg

Hennessey

Allen Ramsey Ledley

Woodburn HRK Bale
    HRK is the number one striker now. He's come on leaps and bounds under Pulis. Feels strange actually praising Pulis but fair play, he's improved Hal no end. I agree as well, that's our best team, Bale and Rambo need more help as they're both struggling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

DI_BLxMXUAE3MyC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

DI_BLxMXUAE3MyC.jpg

Looks like we got the "INVISIBLE MAN" playing for us. (ok I know that's 12, but what the hell)

That kit is top drawer.

Hennessey

Allen Ramsey Ledley

Woodburn HRK Bale

Me too.

The game was crying out for woodburn. I thought he took too long to introduce him.

2 out of 4 though.. onto the next one

Re: Moldova v Wales. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It would have been disastrous. As it would mean the most points we would end up with would be 18 and that might not be enough for a play off place although it would be enough for second place in the group.Don't forget one team that finishes second will not make the play offs and as things stand it could be our group.
    I don't agree. The most points we can get to count towards any play-off place is still 14pts - as it was before tonight's game - the 6 points we got from Moldova won't count assuming we get 2nd. As we absolutely have to beat Georgia and ROI anyway, in hindsight (& as bonkers as it is) we could've in fact lost tonight and still end up 2nd with 17pts, but importantly still the same 14pts towards the play-offs.

2nd Place Table as it stands

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I don't agree. The most points we can get to count towards any play-off place is still 14pts - as it was before tonight's game - the 6 points we got from Moldova won't count assuming we get 2nd. As we absolutely have to beat Georgia and ROI anyway, in hindsight (& as bonkers as it is) we could've in fact lost tonight and still end up 2nd with 17pts, but importantly still the same 14pts towards the play-offs.
    That was exactly my point earlier but I bowed to the superior knowledge of a message board veteran who told me I was wrong. Moldova results won't count in the final reckoning so my understanding was that our net points would be 14 which does mean that Slovakia and Bosnia are our best bets to overtake but groups A, E and I are also far from finished looking at the remaining games

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That was exactly my point earlier but I bowed to the superior knowledge of a message board veteran who told me I was wrong. Moldova results won't count in the final reckoning so my understanding was that our net points would be 14 which does mean that Slovakia and Bosnia are our best bets to overtake but groups A, E and I are also far from finished looking at the remaining games
    Yes fair comments about the Moldova points not likely to apply in the final reckoning but we still have to finish second to have any chance of a play off. If we had failed to win Ireland would still be above us in the table and they should beat Moldova at home in the next game meaning if they drew in Cardiff they would finish above us.
    Your point is valid though if we need 14 points after the Moldova points deduction. However we may still only need 12.
    Either way it's a ridiculous way of having to make the play offs.

Re: Moldova v Wales. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Yep fair enough. I would still rather be ahead of Ireland in the table at this stage just in case we don't beat them but win in Georgia as that might be enough to squeak a play off place but will be desperately tight and our goal difference and goals scored isn't helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    2nd Place Table as it stands

Capture.jpg

Doesn't look good at the moment but at least from here on in any points we get will count.