+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: Moldova 0 - 2 Wales. Match thread

Re: FT: Moldova 0 - 2 Wales. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Midfielder Joe Allen and defender Neil Taylor have returned to the Wales squad for their trip to Moldova in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers on Tuesday.

The pair missed Wales' 1-0 win over Austria on Saturday that kept alive their hopes of going to Russia.

Jonny Williams and James Collins drop out to accommodate their return.

Moldova are set to be without injured pair Petru Racu and Alexandru Gatcan, but experienced defender Vitalie Bordian is available after suspension.

Wales are four points behind Group D leaders Serbia, who beat winless Moldova 3-0 at the weekend.

Only the nine group winners in Europe's qualifying procedure automatically earn a place in next year's tournament in Russia, while the eight best runners-up enter the play-offs.

Chris Coleman's side are two points behind the Republic of Ireland, in second place, who face Serbia in Dublin on Tuesday night.
    Fair play that wasn't good for the ticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Ramsey needs away from arsenal, he played like whittingham (from last year) tonight - without the drive or passion.
    You are so right,but Witts was past his best.

Georgia will be tough, they really are not a bad side.
    Benefit of that match is that they will setup to attack a bit so hopefully that'll play into our hands.
    Ireland will surely beat Moldova which takes it to the last game.

To be fair we're not the best team to break others down and fair play to Moldova they defended like beavers

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    To be fair we're not the best team to break others down and fair play to Moldova they defended like beavers
    Beavers

there`s a joke there somewhere, dammed if I know though.

We had four finals to play and half-way through that we are doing exactly what we need to do. Two finals left, six points needed and all we can do is focus on the next game and believe; even when the levels of perfomance are not exactly relaxing viewing.

Yes that's true. For the second game running I thought we were heading out but we are still in their scrapping away. Drawing Georgia as sixth seeds was unfortunate on the teams in this group as they are streets ahead of the other 6th seeds and that is impacting upon the points the leading teams are picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think he has to start against Georgia.
    I could not believe how dreadful Bale and Ramsey were. Allen, Davies and HRK all played well along with Woodburn. Vital save from Hennessey.
    Totally agree. They need a kick up the backside before next game.
    spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Beavers
    Chris Kamara line

I'm convinced that we have developed a regular habit of playing to the standard of the opposition.
    If Wales were playing Spain or Germany, we'd probably manage to give them a run for their money. Kinda .. a bit .. perhaps... ;)
    If Wales played the Faroe Islands the following week we'd somehow spend 90 mins with our head in our hands or in despair.

I think he has to start against Georgia.
    I could not believe how dreadful Bale and Ramsey were. Allen, Davies and HRK all played well along with Woodburn. Vital save from Hennessey.
    Spot on mate, shadow of themselves in the previous campaign and Euro's.

I thought HRK played really well, Davies was as far forward as I've ever seen him as well. Woodburn, well there are no words - what a player this lad is going to be.

Re: Moldova v Wales. Match thread

I thought it as an OK performance. Certain players looked a bit off colour, but thought we did what we needed to do, under pressure, and the goals came deservedly.

1. How tense was that?

2. How good will Woodburn become? The boy's a bit special.

3. How far we've come - there was a time where we relied on Bale and Ramsey. Both were poor tonight but we still got the win.

Is Bosnia and Greece's group our best hope now?
    Yep. Just mentioned this on the Rsdio Wales phone in. They play Belgium at home next and Estonia away. That group and maybe the England group are our best bet.

Yep. Just mentioned this on the Rsdio Wales phone in. They play Belgium at home next and Estonia away. That group and maybe the England group are our best bet.
    How the feck do some of these clowns get onto Call Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Chris Kamara line

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Bobby Gould called in on Saturday apparently

Spot on mate, shadow of themselves in the previous campaign and Euro's.

I thought HRK played really well, Davies was as far forward as I've ever seen him as well. Woodburn, well there are no words - what a player this lad is going to be.
    I agree with Coleman however, in not starting him, a bit more each time will do nicely.

Ben Davies was our best attacking outlet in the first half. Bale and Ramsey have to get their shit together, fast

Tom Lawrence had a real chance to shine tonight but was very disappointing, but Woodburn, what can you say? What a player!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bobby Gould called in on Saturday apparently
    He did, I was listening on the way home!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I agree with Coleman however, in not starting him, a bit more each time will do nicely.
    Agreed he's better off coming on when defenders are getting a bit tired which gives him a bit more space

He did, I was listening on the way home!
    Yes Inwas stuck in the CCS car park when Gould called in. Whatever anyone says he is football through and through.

Martin O Niell just mentioned that they've got two players suspended for their next game. As we saw tonight, as poor as Moldova are, they can frustrate with some dogged defending. You never know.