+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Five Draws

Five Draws

On balance none of us should be disappointed if we don't make it to the finals in Russia. If we do, then it will be a bonus for me. The damage was done early on in the campaigns while we were still suffering from a post-Euro hangover. If fact, we would already be out of it if it wasn't for a young fella named Ben Woodburn.

It's a funny old game isn't it .. que sera sara

Re: Five Draws

We could end up having not lost a game but still don't qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    We could end up having not lost a game but still don't qualify!
    We could also qualify for the play-offs having only won half of our games

My worry for them is if they have too play a top team in that second place draw playing as we are we may get beat . Hope not ,need more fresh legs .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My worry for them is if they have too play a top team in that second place draw playing as we are we may get beat . Hope not ,need more fresh legs .
    That's the least of our worries right now.

The two points dropped at home to Georgia look like they could cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    And Serbia. We hit the inside of the post just before they equalised if I remember rightly.
    Fine lines.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If we make the play offs we will be a top seed and avoid Italy and Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    ToBW piece commented that Georgia probably could be more disappointed than us with the draw in our previous fixture. Twice leading but not winning against Austria away or not holding on against a nasty, competitive Serbia team would be the results I would like to change.

Two tough games ahead but treating them as one at a time. We can do this, but it's likely to go to the wire again.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    ToBW piece commented that Georgia probably could be more disappointed than us with the draw in our previous fixture. Twice leading but not winning against Austria away or not holding on against a nasty, competitive Serbia team would be the results I would like to change.

Two tough games ahead but treating them as one at a time. We can do this, but it's likely to go to the wire again.
    Before the last Euros, we always got dealt the shittiest luck in the groups we were given, the crap we had to put up with during the matches themselves and anything us that could possibly be thrown at us (Jordan / Bodin / 1985 v Scotland / Russian drug cheats 2004 plus many, many more).

That is why Euro 16 was so well enjoyed, and deserved. It put right a lot of what happened in the past.

However, we have to remember that this was more than likely a blip. We need to win those last two games, and hope that we have more good karma heading our way to make up for the horrific past as we'll blydi well need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Before the last Euros, we always got dealt the shittiest luck in the groups we were given, the crap we had to put up with during the matches themselves and anything us that could possibly be thrown at us (Jordan / Bodin / 1985 v Scotland / Russian drug cheats 2004 plus many, many more).

That is why Euro 16 was so well enjoyed, and deserved. It put right a lot of what happened in the past.

However, we have to remember that this was more than likely a blip. We need to win those last two games, and hope that we have more good karma heading our way to make up for the horrific past as we'll blydi well need it.
    And for that reason I'm afraid it's cling film for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    And for that reason I'm afraid it's cling film for me.
    :warnock: :bighandkid:

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

Mate the biggest horror is often forgotten. December 1983 Yugoslavia v Bulgaria. It's 2-2 going into injury time. If it stays that Wales win the group and qualify for the Euro 84 finals. Guess what Yugoslavia score in the final seconds and win the game and the group. We were seconds from qualification yet it's rarely ever mentioned.

Bode's pen for me was the worse, so close yet so far

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Bode's pen for me was the worse, so close yet so far
    Yeah November 93 Romania now that hurt brother first time I walked away from a game in tears

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    Yeah November 93 Romania now that hurt brother first time I walked away from a game in tears
    Scotland 85, thirteen minutes to play and we're off to the USA.
    Dodgy penalty, you know the rest..

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I sat in Dylans after the game in the corner, really effected me, even one of the girls who we knew ( who was fit as hell and i had always fancied ) came over with a drink for me and tried to cheers me up with some idle chitchat, I wasnt interested, funny how things still live with you

then we heard the news of the guy getting hit and killed by the flare, it didnt seem that important after than news

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Mate the biggest horror is often forgotten. December 1983 Yugoslavia v Bulgaria. It's 2-2 going into injury time. If it stays that Wales win the group and qualify for the Euro 84 finals. Guess what Yugoslavia score in the final seconds and win the game and the group. We were seconds from qualification yet it's rarely ever mentioned.
    Would we have qualified if we hadn't conceded late on vs Yugoslavia a week before or would it have still gone to the last match?
    It always seemed to be the case back then that we'd concede equalisers n the last 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Scotland 85, thirteen minutes to play and we're off to the USA.
    Dodgy penalty, you know the rest..
    don't we just Joe don't just

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I sat in Dylans after the game in the corner, really effected me, even one of the girls who we knew ( who was fit as hell and i had always fancied ) came over with a drink for me and tried to cheers me up with some idle chitchat, I wasnt interested, funny how things still live with you

then we heard the news of the guy getting hit and killed by the flare, it didnt seem that important after than news
    yeah that's right Matt
    we was only aware of that when we got home my old dear was panicking
    you know what mums are like lol
    I was 16 too lol
    it kinda put it into perspective mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would we have qualified if we hadn't conceded late on vs Yugoslavia a week before or would it have still gone to the last match?
    It always seemed to be the case back then that we'd concede equalisers n the last 10 minutes.
    Yes that's right. I remember the night well because Reading played Oxford United in a second FA Cup replay that night. I went to the game at the Manor Road and stood in the unprotected away end and got soaked by the rain. We lost 3-0. I consoled myself that I could watch the highlights of Wales v Yugoslavia when I got home. We were one up with about ten minutes to play when a fairly tame shot when under Neville Southall's body. It was a soft goal. The game was drawn. Had we won we would have qualified for the finals. Instead the agony of Yugoslavia v Bulgaria followed a few days later. As usual we missed out but this time literally by seconds.