+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mogg

Mogg

Apparently the legions of Twitter bots that gave over the last few years been variously pro brexit, pro trump, anti Merkel etc have now started pushing Jacob Rees Mogg.

Re: Mogg

Said this morning he's completely against same sex marriage and abortion in all circumstances including rape.

Just details really as long as he used to run a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I used to think he was a spoof of someone. Done some research, now I like him. Never loses his temper, never raises his voice, always on his game and puts his point across very clearly - every time Ive seen him interviewed.

Lots of misconceptions about him, one where they said he inherited all his wealth from his wifes family - which turned out to be bollox - he runs his own investment company and did so before politics - anyone that has done that gets a nod from me whether they are red,blue,orange,green or anything else
    It sounds like you are trying to paint him as self-made which is a bit of a porky really.

I quite like him as an operator, his presence in parliament is a good thing but lord help us if he becomes leader of the conservative party.

His dad was editor of The Times for years and Jacob went to Eton.

Hardly a man of the people. Young fogie and mad shagger ( six children so far ).

Being a fund manager earns him no credit in my book and you can bet daddy and his
    Eton cronies opened a few doors to help with that.

Well, he seems a bit of a medieval right-winger, but it seems that 'old-fashioned attitude' is now quite likely to be levelled towards someone who points these things out.

[QUOTE=Sgt. Pepper;4780132]Well, he seems a bit of a medieval right-winger, but it seems that 'old-fashioned attitude' is now quite likely to be levelled towards someone who points these things out. [/QUOTE

Careful, that sort of talk will have you labelled a Liberal Fascist 😉😃

Intelligent bugger .

Imagine that dispatch box face off JC v The Mogg . ( polar opposites,I'd buy tickets )

Bet the Mogg would have done the TV debate as well.

I wouldn't fancy having a political argument with the Mogg, I'm no fan but he knows his stuff ,hyper intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Apparently the legions of Twitter bots that gave over the last few years been variously pro brexit, pro trump, anti Merkel etc have now started pushing Jacob Rees Mogg.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Intelligent bugger .

Imagine that dispatch box face off JC v The Mogg . ( polar opposites,I'd buy tickets )

I wouldn't fancy having a political argument with the Mogg, I'm no fan but he knows his stuff ,hyper intelligent
    I really don't think he's hyper intelligent.
    He's posh but there really isn't a lot of substance behind his utterings. He probably benefits from a clarity of message like garage, because he is so convinced in his world view but I haven't seen any evidence of this hyper intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    No thanks.
    Moggmentum!

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...r-cometh-mogg/

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Said this morning he's completely against same sex marriage and abortion in all circumstances including rape.

Just details really as long as he used to run a company.
    I'm guessing you'll be voting for the Antifa candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    His dad was editor of The Times for years and Jacob went to Eton.

Hardly a man of the people. Young fogie and mad shagger ( six children so far ).

Being a fund manager earns him no credit in my book and you can bet daddy and his
    Eton cronies opened a few doors to help with that.
    Please not another Old Etonian! I had enough of that fixing the roof while the sun shines crap last time.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Kassam and Mogg, a pair of bellends never more deserving of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    He's obviously had some help from his Dad (havent we all ? - I have - and my mum). To me he comes across as being very self assured and on his game, whereas both May and Corbyn seem like blundering idiots when it comes to getting their point across. Not that that makes them any more or less incompetent - it's just how it comes across on TV.

"but lord help us if he becomes leader of the conservative party." I think you would probably say that for every Tory leadership case perhaps ? and I guess you said it when Corbyn got in as well ?
    Probably true, I would have Cameron back JRM or May and at the time I thought he was doing a shit job. Corbyn was a strange situation, Labour needed to do something but he probably wasn't it. Maybe the Tories will pitch some common mid 19th century viewpoints to focus groups to see how a Rees-Mogg manifesto might be received by the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Kassam and Mogg, a pair of bellends never more deserving of each other.
    Yeah - no respect from me until he finishes the stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Intelligent bugger .

It is easy to be calm and composed when you are effectively a nobody though, dealing with the day in day out grinding the leaders get from journalists with an axe to grind is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is easy to be calm and composed when you are effectively a nobody though, dealing with the day in day out grinding the leaders get from journalists with an axe to grind is a different story.