Just saying, he's not very good.

Re: Tom Lawrence

Slightly better than Bale and Ramsey

If he was as good as bale and Ramsey we would be a hell of a side

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If he was as good as bale and Ramsey we would be a hell of a side
    I agree, if only Bale and Ramsey would start playing like Bale and Ramsey. They are both misfiring at the moment, and it seems like we have to depend on a 17 year old kid to get us through games.

I imagine you are basing your opinion on his two recent internationals.

As he was one of the best players in our league last year.

And ramsey has been consistently bad for a while now. Bad player? no

And add "just saying" into that thread about banning online terms.

Persist with lawrence!. Simon Church had how many chances?.

He didn't look too sharp but how many games has he actually played this season?

He wouldn't have played for Leicester and he signed for derby late on in the window so assuming he's still building up speed at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    He didn't look too sharp but how many games has he actually played this season?

He wouldn't have played for Leicester and he signed for derby late on in the window so assuming he's still building up speed at the moment
    It just shows how good Ben Woodburn is as he hasn't played a single game this season!

Lawrence looked disinterested last night and everything he did seemed to be laboured, it seemed as if he wasn't even that bothered to play for his country

Contrast that with Woodburn who demanded the ball and had the passion and drive you'd expect from someone who's representing their country

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Slightly better than Bale and Ramsey
    Don't know what game you were watching.
    Lawrence was woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lawrence looked disinterested last night and everything he did seemed to be laboured, it seemed as if he wasn't even that bothered to play for his country
    Can't disagree with this and I got the same impression when he was with us.

Perhaps he's a bit overawed playing with the stars, in comparison Woodburn seems to revel in playing with them.
    To be fair, the latter is training and mixing with far better players and he probably sees himself as a better player than most of the Welsh regulars.
    A mixture of youth and confidence with no lack of talent is a winning combination.

That said, I wouldn't chuck Lawrence in the scrapheap just yet. As someone mentioned Simon Church had bundles of opportunities without showing much (Sorry Pearcey :hehe) but he may not get many more opportunities if he doesn't at least show willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Don't know what game you were watching.
    Lawrence was woeful.
    I'll teach you about the smileys when I have some free time

Anyone else notice how uncomfortable he looked "singing" the national anthem?

Even glared at the cameraman as if to say stop exposing me.

I'm all for players who aren't born here representing us, but at least spend a hour or two before hand learning the anthem ala Chester and Williams

Total face palm.

He's from Wrexham. God news the reasoning behind it then.

Good point

Lawrence was good against Austria, not so good against Moldova - I also remember his very good performance against the Netherlands a couple of years ago and his sensational spell at Ipswich last season, so I'm happy enough to have him in the Welsh team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lawrence was good against Austria, not so good against Moldova - I also remember his very good performance against the Netherlands a couple of years ago and his sensational spell at Ipswich last season, so I'm happy enough to have him in the Welsh team.
    Me too. He was anonymous last night but had a decent game against Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Just saying, he's not very good.
    Hes not 7 million pounds worth of okay , he shows flashes of potential

We could have signed him for 1million after his disappointing loan period and made a 6million profi?

He was poor last night, his decision making lets him down as a player. No doubt he is full of talent though as he showed for Ipswich last year, needs to improve his tactical/mental side of the game and he will be a decent outfit.

Woodburn has that "football brain" and makes the correct decision 9 out of 10 times.

Was potentially our best player first half against Austria and some suggested, on the day, it shouldn't have been him making way for Woodburn.

He didn't have that great a game against Moldova but has the excuse of lack of game time this season.

We're not big enough to write off players so quickly. Support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Was potentially our best player first half against Austria and some suggested, on the day, it shouldn't have been him making way for Woodburn.

He didn't have that great a game against Moldova but has the excuse of lack of game time this season.

We're not big enough to write off players so quickly. Support the team.
    Well said. Support the team. How people write players off after one game or so is beyond me. The same people probably thought bale was rubbish at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It just shows how good Ben Woodburn is as he hasn't played a single game this season!
    VERY good point.

I don't get why people give these players that are paid handsomely to practice football EVERY DAY yet think they have a excuse when it comes the number of matches they've actually played. Good players (not even great mind you!) will hardly show a difference in performance.

Totally unfair to single out Lawrence when there was a load of poor performances last night.

Demotivated after putting in hell of a shift against Austria and not getting a mention because Woodburn stole the show? Perhaps. But he's still a decent player and a prospect for the future.

His decision making was the most questionable thing which can be worked on as he's still 23!

I thought Lawrence was our best player first half against Austria and unlucky to be substituted. Needs regular game time at Derby

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Totally unfair to single out Lawrence when there was a load of poor performances last night.

Demotivated after putting in hell of a shift against Austria and not getting a mention because Woodburn stole the show? Perhaps. But he's still a decent player and a prospect for the future.

His decision making was the most questionable thing which can be worked on as he's still 23!
    I couldn't tell whether it was because he was trying to hard or a little naive but some of his decision making wasn't the best in the home game, even with his good first half. Think where he gave away a free-kick near the corner flag towards their goal when it was a case of rushing in with little to be gained. What I do like is how quick his feet are and how he's not afraid to have a shot.

I do agree that we need to spread the love to encourage all. We're not a one man team.