+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guess Warnock has had a somewhat disruptive week

Guess Warnock has had a somewhat disruptive week

With Etheridge, Richards, Manga, Gunners, Hoilet and 3 Wales U21 players away on International duty. Assuming they've all come back with a clean bill of health, with our 2 new additions on deadline day, the gaffer has got some interesting decisions to make ahead of a difficult looking game at Fulham on Saturday. If memory serves, we didn't have a very good record last season in our first game back following international breaks, hopefully that record will improve somewhat this time around.

Re: Guess Warnock has had a somewhat disruptive week

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    With Etheridge, Richards, Manga, Gunners, Hoilet and 3 Wales U21 players away on International duty. Assuming they've all come back with a clean bill of health, with our 2 new additions on deadline day, the gaffer has got some interesting decisions to make ahead of a difficult looking game at Fulham on Saturday. If memory serves, we didn't have a very good record last season in our first game back following international breaks, hopefully that record will improve somewhat this time around.
    Etheridge I believe will play; Richards will likely be on the bench as will Manga. That really leaves Gunnar and Hoilett to assess their fitness and tired ness on return from internertional duty. Bryson for Gunnar maybe, if he is considered match fit and Tomlinson for Hoilett if injured or tired. Can't see too many other changes as the rest of the team should be refreshed after nearly 2 weeks out.

We lost to Norwich after the first international break, beat the wurzels and Huddersfield respectively after the second and third ones and were beaten at Wolves after the one in March.

Wolves were obviously far too gifted for us technically wise.
    We were too tired to kick them off the park

If everyone is fit I expect a unchanged side.

Fulham I expect to be top 6. Tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We lost to Norwich after the first international break, beat the wurzels and Huddersfield respectively after the second and third ones and were beaten at Wolves after the one in March.
    Good work, not as bad as I thought then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If everyone is fit I expect a unchanged side.

Fulham I expect to be top 6. Tough game.
    Fulham were the best team I saw at home last season (FA Cup and League).
    Tough ask to get 3 points but you never know.

I don't think Ricky Tomlinson will get anywhere near the team

I think Ojo is the only starting Fulham player who has been away on international duty. The reserve goalie has been as well

Hoillet did well previous to the break considering he has had an international football filled summer - it may be that, this early into the season at least, the confidence he's got from international football is a bigger plus than potential draining effect of extra travel and work.

Gunnar is the big one. Our midfield will need to be at its high energy best if we are to get a result.

He also has players that he has brought in who have been resting including Bryson, "the player I wanted most" words to that effect.
    It will be interesting to see the line up.

He did say that about Lee Tomlinson but he can't get into side? I think he'll go with same team barring injuries?