+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Durham / Ben Woodman

Re: Adrian Durham / Ben Woodman

England are enjoying big success at age grade level football and have loads of talented youngsters. Durham and his mates should be talking about that. I am trying to learn not to get wound up by his like. ongoing process.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    England are enjoying big success at age grade level football and have loads of talented youngsters. Durham and his mates should be talking about that. I am trying to learn not to get wound up by his like. ongoing process.
    I reckon Duram's rant is a hangover from our success at the 2016 Euros in an attempt to try and discredit us along.

Talksport is your Daily Star equivalent of radio broadcasting.

I'm sure there will be many an Englishman rolling their eyes with embarrassment at this, apart from those Star readers of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I reckon Duram's rant is a hangover from our success at the 2016 Euros in an attempt to try and discredit us along.

Talksport is your Daily Star equivalent of radio broadcasting.

I'm sure there will be many an Englishman rolling their eyes with embarrassment at this, apart from those Star readers of course.
    I know I fall for it every time. Moldova first game after the euros he was gleefully pointing out that Wales couldn't sell out City stadium.Just telling lies. I feel stupid for letting pr..cks like him get under my skin, when im stuck in traffic and tired after work and trying to enjoy my country's success and thinking about all that's good with football.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...utside_England

"Let him without sin, cast the first stone"
    Nice research Bluetit!

Terry Butcher. You couldn't get more English. But apparently not unless it suits talk wart

I seem to remember my gramp telling me about Brian Stein earning his solitary cap for England because he was considering playing for Wales. That was years ago. Stein was a good striker of his day. Didn't play for them again.

I listen to Talksport most of the time when I'm in my car. Why? Because unlike the far more professional BBC5Live, the station and it's presenters actually realise there is more to football than the premier league, and in particular the 5 'plastic' teams. Overall it gives a far, far better overall view of the Championship, Leagues One and Two and the National League.

Adrian Durham and Darren Gough's show always makes me smile. It's like having bad cop/good cop, presenting a sports show. I fail to ever get riled by what Durham has to says, as I firmly believe he only spouts 99% of the garbage that he does to deliberately rile people up, and get idiots (in the main) to phone in to the show, and have a go at him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually believe in a lot of what he says, but does it to cause controversy and through fuel onto fire of any current topical football debate. He needs ignoring! Winding people up over football matters is part of his airtime personality, and it's my bet the powers that be, behind talksport, actually encourage him to do this. His daily piss take of Arsenal "The Daily Arsenal'" does get me grinning from ear to ear though. It's a pity more sports presenters didn't rip the pee out of "The Big Five", and their in the main, plastic fans

I didn't hear what Durham spouted, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. Golly Gosh! A talented young footballer, born in In-ger-lund but with a Welsh grandparent plays for Wales, and gives two outstanding displays. I bet Durham rubbed his hands in glee at Woodburn's performances, as it gave him huge encouragement and a massive talking point to spout absolute crap and garbage. The man needs starving of oxygen and articles like this one, only encourage him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...utside_England

"Let him without sin, cast the first stone"
    Thank you brother Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I listen to Talksport most of the time when I'm in my car. Why? Because unlike the far more professional BBC5Live, the station and it's presenters actually realise there is more to football than the premier league, and in particular the 5 'plastic' teams. Overall it gives a far, far better overall view of the Championship, Leagues One and Two and the National League.

Adrian Durham and Darren Gough's show always makes me smile. It's like having bad cop/good cop, presenting a sports show. I fail to ever get riled by what Durham has to says, as I firmly believe he only spouts 99% of the garbage that he does to deliberately rile people up, and get idiots (in the main) to phone in to the show, and have a go at him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually believe in a lot of what he says, but does it to cause controversy and through fuel onto fire of any current topical football debate. He needs ignoring! Winding people up over football matters is part of his airtime personality, and it's my bet the powers that be, behind talksport, actually encourage him to do this. His daily piss take of Arsenal "The Daily Arsenal'" does get me grinning from ear to ear though. It's a pity more sports presenters didn't rip the pee out of "The Big Five", and their in the main, plastic fans
    That's exactly what Piers Morgan has stolen a living doing, always makes me laugh when people take the bait.

If you want to listen to something football-related that isn't obsessed with the Premier League, you could do worse than download a few podcasts - The Totally Football Show with James Richardson does a good round up of the week's talking points. Football Fives is another good one that operates off a central theme each week, and if you want something that is more loosely football related give Atletico Mince a go - worth a listen just for his Sean Dyche impression.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    That's exactly what Piers Morgan has stolen a living doing, always makes me laugh when people take the bait.

If you want to listen to something football-related that isn't obsessed with the Premier League, you could do worse than download a few podcasts - The Totally Football Show with James Richardson does a good round up of the week's talking points. Football Fives is another good one that operates off a central theme each week, and if you want something that is more loosely football related give Atletico Mince a go - worth a listen just for his Sean Dyche impression.
    Fackin gangbangers, you gotta love em.

Don't bite, that's how they make a living. AD is probably that deluded, but **** him - we don't need to read that shit just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Fackin gangbangers, you gotta love em.

His song about Steve McLaren's random hair patch was genius.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Cheers for that matey. Will check them out during the week. Sounds interesting football stuff