+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier league transfer window to close before next season starts.

Premier league transfer window to close before next season starts.

Premier League votes to close window early
    A bit more on the Premier League's vote to close the summer transfer window before the first game of the season.
    It applies to Premier League clubs only at the moment with EFL to make the decision on their own league in time.
    Agree with the move? Let us know via #bbcsportsday

How will this affect league clubs wanting to do deals with prem clubs?

Re: Premier league transfer window to close before next season starts.

Think it's just for buying from their perspective, so they will still be able to sell should any Championship clubs want to buy. PL players will certainly be able to move to European clubs after the PL window slams shut.

Unless the other big European leagues do it what benefit is it to the Permier League teams? They might get all the players they want in before the season starts but it doesn't remove the chance of a Coutinho or De Gea situation from happening again if the Spanish, German and French leagues can buy players up until the 1st of Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Unless the other big European leagues do it what benefit is it to the Permier League teams? They might get all the players they want in before the season starts but it doesn't remove the chance of a Coutinho or De Gea situation from happening again if the Spanish, German and French leagues can buy players up until the 1st of Sept.
    Think I read it as a buy or sell window, but could be mistaken

Update - I am mistaken

The jacks were one of five Premier League clubs to vote against it and it seems Football League clubs will follow suit soon - this piece also contains quotes supporting the change from the President of UEFA.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-start-season

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Update - I am mistaken
    I think Germany are going to do it at some point. I can't La liga ever doing it and I'd be shocking if ligue un did.

Having a summer window of June and July would make sense but FIFA/UEFA would probably object when it's a Euro or World Cup year! The window for all top flight UEFA leagues should be consistent. It's ridiculous that Turkey only closed their transfer window yesterday.

I also think the loan window in the football league should close a week after the premier league. That would allow some of the players not in premier league squads to go out on loan. I'd also ban loan fees and make the parent club pay all the wages. it may stop Chelsea stockpiling young players. Perhaps there should be a limit on the number of players in each age category.

I think the window should be restricted to one day whilst we own big Ken .