+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Songs That You Despise.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Songs That You Despise.

Tina Turner's just come on by the poolside, ' What's Love Got To Do With It', shite but 'Simply The Best' has to be up there with the worst, especially when used as our 'run out' song during the dungeon days. Was anything ever more inappropriate?

I'd like to contribute my 'most detested':
    I can narrow it down to most of the Radio 2 Playlist, but special mention goes to 'Days of Pearly Spencer' and 'The Final Countdown' which seemed to be played every hour on the hour. Also I agree with the posting above nominating 'We built this city on rock and roll'. Total garbage. There's another one too by, I think, Brandon Flowers that is something like 'I'm not human , I'm a dancer'. Some of the stupidest lyrics you'd ever dread hearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I'd like to contribute my 'most detested':
    I can narrow it down to most of the Radio 2 Playlist, but special mention goes to 'Days of Pearly Spencer' and 'The Final Countdown' which seemed to be played every hour on the hour. Also I agree with the posting above nominating 'We built this city on rock and roll'. Total garbage. There's another one too by, I think, Brandon Flowers that is something like 'I'm not human , I'm a dancer'. Some of the stupidest lyrics you'd ever dread hearing again.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huma..._Killers_song)

I don't care for the song, but Brandon Flowers thinks you are an idiot. ;)

Songs that boil my piss tend to be any or all of those ones where new artistes 'di$cov£r' a gem from the past and either ruin it, bland it to pointless buggery, or .. the worst and most commonly ..make a 'haunting, slooow sparce, eew-soooo-meaningfuuuullll ' version.
    Presumably after the trick supposedly worked once with that Gary Jules cover of 'Mad World some years back, and the habitual use of the same trick on all those 'Pop Nobber Has the Z Talent Factor Idol' type shows.