+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 149

Thread: Songs That You Despise.

  1. #91

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Anything about religion or about God. Ban the lot of them.

  2. #92

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Anything about religion or about God. Ban the lot of them.
    Religion by Public Image Limited is very good.

  3. #93

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    No McCartney, no Beatles. Most great muscians have released some rubbish even Bowie in his own words had his 'Phil Collins years'.
    I loves this:---


  4. #94

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I loves this:---

    What is it, can't access YouTube, I'm in work till the end of Sepbember...internet police.

  5. #95

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    What is it, can't access YouTube, I'm in work till the end of Sepbember...internet police.
    David Bowie's, "The Laughing Gnome"

  6. #96

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    On the subject of terrible music does anything come close to Mr Roboto by Styx?

    For those of you that aren't familiar with this pile of steaming turd, the song is complimented by a video featuring a Barry Manilow lookalike in a lilac jumpsuit.

    You'll have to google it and see for yourself though as it doesn't even deserve a link on here.

    So bad it makes McCartney look like a musical genius.

  7. #97

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Religion by Public Image Limited is very good.
    So is,Should the Bible be banned by McCarthy.

  8. #98

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    David Bowie's, "The Laughing Gnome"
    Not one that got many mentions in the tributes, eulogies to Bowie after his death, can't think why.

  9. #99

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    David Bowie's, "The Laughing Gnome"
    Not one that got many mentions in the tributes, eulogies to Bowie after his death, can't think why.

  10. #100

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Here's one that I'm sure youd all put in the top 10.

    Alice by Smokey.

  11. #101

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    To many to list but that desperito is doing my ****ing head in
    Radio 1 seems to be reduced to the music quality of a spanish market in recent months.

    Not that it is usually good. It is complete rubbish. But people seem obsessed with foreign language music currently.

  12. #102

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    I forgot to add the link for this piece of shite.

    https://youtu.be/4RsrYZ2PA3U

  13. #103

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Religion by Public Image Limited is very good.
    I'll rephrase - Anything that promotes any God or Religion

  14. #104

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Nearly all prog rock, but particularly anything by Yes or Pink Floyd. Dishonourable mention for early Genesis and Rush (although they slightly redeemed themselves over the years). Pretentious pricks all of them

  15. #105

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Tina Turner's just come on by the poolside, ' What's Love Got To Do With It', shite but 'Simply The Best' has to be up there with the worst, especially when used as our 'run out' song during the dungeon days. Was anything ever more inappropriate?

  16. #106

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    I'd like to contribute my 'most detested':
    I can narrow it down to most of the Radio 2 Playlist, but special mention goes to 'Days of Pearly Spencer' and 'The Final Countdown' which seemed to be played every hour on the hour. Also I agree with the posting above nominating 'We built this city on rock and roll'. Total garbage. There's another one too by, I think, Brandon Flowers that is something like 'I'm not human , I'm a dancer'. Some of the stupidest lyrics you'd ever dread hearing again.

  17. #107

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I'd like to contribute my 'most detested':
    I can narrow it down to most of the Radio 2 Playlist, but special mention goes to 'Days of Pearly Spencer' and 'The Final Countdown' which seemed to be played every hour on the hour. Also I agree with the posting above nominating 'We built this city on rock and roll'. Total garbage. There's another one too by, I think, Brandon Flowers that is something like 'I'm not human , I'm a dancer'. Some of the stupidest lyrics you'd ever dread hearing again.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huma..._Killers_song)

    I don't care for the song, but Brandon Flowers thinks you are an idiot. ;)

  18. #108

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Songs that boil my piss tend to be any or all of those ones where new artistes 'di$cov£r' a gem from the past and either ruin it, bland it to pointless buggery, or .. the worst and most commonly ..make a 'haunting, slooow sparce, eew-soooo-meaningfuuuullll ' version.
    Presumably after the trick supposedly worked once with that Gary Jules cover of 'Mad World some years back, and the habitual use of the same trick on all those 'Pop Nobber Has the Z Talent Factor Idol' type shows.

  19. #109

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    ^^^^
    And also used on Christmas TV Dept Store & Supermarket adverts that con the gullible into thinking that they are witnessing something 'meaningful' :D

  20. #110

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Speaking of twats, I'll give you Michael Buble.

    A grinning cheesy twat in a suit, talking his way through other people's songs.
    Bublé is the new Eastenders, he completely ruins Christmas Day in my house, the smug cnut!

    Jump Around by House of Pain has to be up there. What a facking noise. "Try to play me out like, as if my name was Sega"???
    Jesus wept!!

  21. #111

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Anything by Nickelback.

  22. #112

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Hit me with your rhythm stick needs to die ASAP

  23. #113
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    7,498

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Hit me with your rhythm stick needs to die ASAP
    This would be one of my Top 10 in a thread about songs you love!

    In the dock of Tiger Bay
    On the road to Mandalay
    From Bombay to Santa Fe
    Over hills and far away....

  24. #114

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Nickelback and UB40 already mentioned. The other song that makes me flip the radio station in the car is Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes.

  25. #115

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday. How such a talented artist turned out this shit is beyond me.
    Happy Birthday is a protest song. It's asking the US to introduce Martin Luther King Day.

  26. #116
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,798
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Da Da Da by Trio how on earth did that sell 13 million copies?

  27. #117

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Da Da Da by Trio how on earth did that sell 13 million copies?
    01443's use this to practice MEN of HARLECH

  28. #118
    First Team TISS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    What a thread full of pretentious wankers. Everything has musical value - even steps.

  29. #119

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Nearly all prog rock, but particularly anything by Yes or Pink Floyd. Dishonourable mention for early Genesis and Rush (although they slightly redeemed themselves over the years). Pretentious pricks all of them



    I'm gonna have to ask you to meet me ... at Beddau

  30. #120

    Re: Songs That You Despise.

    Anything by Bob Dylan
    Anything by Neil Young
    Anything by Iggy pop.
    Anything by Alice Cooper.
    All shite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •