+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malky Mackay

Re: Malky Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What are the racist tendandies? Am I missing something or are you saying someone buying a football club they have no affinity with and employing people they are familiar with working with in certain positions is racist?
    Read my comments again and have another go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think they sacked him for the Cornelius transfer, and Mackay sued Tan. Then, this all came out. Anyway, Tan has spent far too much time trying to bury Mackay, he should keep his mouth shut now and focus on other things.
    We must try to stop discussing milky Mackay.
    He is long gone.
    Clearly a decent lower level manager (?) but clearly out of his depth in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That's a very spurious claim to make. Care to provide evidence of those racist tendencies being administered?
    If an individual or group of individuals impose changes on a community or group of peoples which are seen to damage the community or peoples cultural roots or traditions and this change is imposed to assert the individual or groups assumed power or control over the local community or people that is a form of racism. Tan attempted to change a century old cultural tradition relating to our football club despite the local community being massively opposed to the change.

The article assumes nobody wanted Mackay managing their club due to the racism. The article conveniently fails to push the importance of the fact Mackay was found out at Wigan with that debacle. 5 wins in how many games?

The other question is was there any interest from lower level clubs ( league 1, 2 etc ). Maybe there was and that interest turned down. We'll never know.

EDIT: For me, Mackays response at first is probably more telling than anything else, "friendly text banter" right? It's the same as Cornelius going from highly paid number 9 to a "project". Mackay has continually displayed an inability to accept any responsibility - until the text, emails really came out when he had no choice but to do so to try to save his career.

Sexism, racism, anti-semitism. Just good old banter innit.
    The article isn't trying to ask why Mackay was never given another managerial job - it is asking why he has had to put up with such intense scrutiny when the likes of Terry, Suarez and Shelvey were/are allowed to just get on with things (Shelvey even played the sympathy card, claiming that he had to put up with an unnamed Leeds player calling him a "bald racist c*nt" last year.)

As it goes I agree with everything else in your post, although it's debatable how much input he had in constructing that original LMA-issued apology.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Read my comments again and have another go?
    I've read it again, it still doesn't make any sense. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, he got sacked before any of this came out (or was due to be). Tan has admitted he didn't know about it. He wasn't investigated until he was sacked.
    Yep. That was after he'd got caught with his fingers in the till.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yep. That was after he'd got caught with his fingers in the till.
    Considering all the false allegations that have been aimed at Malky by our owner and the fact that they've all come to absolutely nothing I think it's fair to say that these allegations have a similar amount of truth about them

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Considering all the false allegations that have been aimed at Malky by our owner and the fact that they've all come to absolutely nothing I think it's fair to say that these allegations have a similar amount of truth about them
    We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    We will see.
    Hey, that's a very good impersonation of Wales Bales you've got there .

If they aren't true I'm surprised Malky hasn't sued for libel

If they aren't true I'm surprised Malky hasn't sued for libel
    Guilty until proved innocent. Novel.

Probably not a good idea to sue a billionaire.

That must have been the motivation for Mackay to backtrack on his legal case and apologise then.

Malky would know if it's bollocks though surely.

Malky would know if it's bollocks though surely.
    Malky is guilty of sending a few inappropriate texts which he has apologised for. He also signed a crap striker, not the first manager to do so.
    The rest is unproven speculation created by our owner

Malky is guilty of sending a few inappropriate texts which he has apologised for. He also signed a crap striker, not the first manager to do so.
    Inappropriate or outright racist? Slight difference. They were initially described as "banter" let's not forget.

Inappropriate or outright racist? Slight difference. They were initially described as "banter" let's not forget.
    Inappropriate, I wasn't overly offended by a couple (amongst thousands) of racist texts between friends. You clearly were, fair enough I assume you've never done anything in your life that could be considered mildly racist never laughed at a joke stereotyping a minority etc.
    In which case I understand your outrage

"Not a white face amongst that lot".
    "Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers!!!"
    "Fkn chinkys."

Yes, I can see those are just "mildly racist" and just "stereotypings". Still, whatever floats your boat.

EDIT: I must admit, my life must be empty as I've never come out with any comments like that using work equipment ( or indeed at all ).

Inappropriate, I wasn't overly offended by a couple (amongst thousands) of racist texts between friends. You clearly were, fair enough I assume you've never done anything in your life that could be considered mildly racist never laughed at a joke stereotyping a minority etc.
    In which case I understand your outrage
    The white man wasn't offended by the racist texts so they must be fine!

The lengths people go to, to back Malky is crazy.

But with regards to the money laundering claims which is unrelated he could easily sue for libel if it's all bollocks. It would be an open and shut case.

I don't think he did take any money just made a shit transfer, so I don't understand why he wouldn't go to court over it.

The white man wasn't offended by the racist texts so they must be fine!

The lengths people go to, to back Malky is crazy.
    Exactly. Bizarre thread, Chepstow's contributions were truly worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

My contribution is based on a common interpretation of apparent or implied racist behaviour.
    How many i dividuals has VT appointed to the board or positions withiin the clubs executive who were born anywhere near the european mainland or the Uk? ......
    How many of them had ever worked in football before?
    The individuals he has appointed could accurately be described as having zero knowledge of football, cardiff, wales or our club, its cultural roots or its history.
    Didn t he appoint the equivilant of a YTS kid to a senior position who was his sons "mate" and had been painting the office walls the month before?
    When challenged over his bizarre behaviour he threatens us with our own club

Yup, Little Englander/Welshperson at it's worst.

They want to rail against those clueless foreigners whilst coveniently ignoring the fact British football staff have been trusted and backed. Probably thinks Dalman isn't British enough.

My contribution is based on a common interpretation of apparent or implied racist behaviour.
    How many i dividuals has VT appointed to the board or positions withiin the clubs executive who were born anywhere near the european mainland or the Uk? ......
    The individuals he has appointed could accurately be described as having zero knowledge of football, cardiff, wales or our club, its cultural roots or its history.
    Didn t he appoint the equivilant of a YTS kid to a senior position who was his sons "mate" and had been painting the office walls the month before?
    1) Who cares where someone was born? The people responsible for the football side have been, gasp, British or in Ole's case, resident in Britain for a long time.
    2) People with experience of business in the business roles, people with football experience in the football roles. Makes sense to all but you; blame the football people who were trusted and backed for taking the piss.
    3) Again, football people in football roles.
    4) No, no he didn't. Media spin driven by internet rumour is always factual... not.
    5) Fact or rumour perpetuated by people obsessed with free ice cream from Sam?

You post was crap when you posted it over an hour before... nothing has changed...