+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malky Mackay

Malky Mackay

Whilst obviously not condoning what he did, was the media reaction and the subsequent dovetail his career took justified when compared to the likes of Luis Suarez, John Terry and Jonjo Shelvey?

http://thefootballchap.com/archive/f...uble-standard/

Re: Malky Mackay

Media reaction? Media loved Mackay, they could play out their hackneyed "good honest Brit shafted by evil foreigner" mantra. People like Pat Murphy were vehement Mackay would be fully exonerated after the court case... oops. The fact Moody used to be a journalist, used to do PR explains why the media were on Mackay's side.

His career dovetailed because quite frankly, he wasn't as good as his own hype - remember the MOTD appearance where he did everything but say "I want the Everton job"? His stint at Wigan was woeful; for all the comments of the media reaction killing his managerial career, the players involved completely crap all over that point. If a single chairman believed Mackay was good enough, he'd be managing now. It would be spun as a public rehabilitation after all... I'm convinced some chairmen would appoint a serial killer is they could guarantee promotion.

In the interests of balance, I'm going to report a conversation I had with a lady at the recent Pompey Cup game. Her Mum died a few years ago. She worked in Cardiff City admin - and was well known (someone must know who I'm referring to? June?).

The lady couldn't stress enough how much support and help her Mum had from Malky, including home visits.

Banned

He led us to the promised land and for that we should all be eternally grateful. The only people who slag him off are the ones who have never made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Media reaction? Media loved Mackay, they could play out their hackneyed "good honest Brit shafted by evil foreigner" mantra. People like Pat Murphy were vehement Mackay would be fully exonerated after the court case... oops. The fact Moody used to be a journalist, used to do PR explains why the media were on Mackay's side.

His career dovetailed because quite frankly, he wasn't as good as his own hype - remember the MOTD appearance where he did everything but say "I want the Everton job"? His stint at Wigan was woeful; for all the comments of the media reaction killing his managerial career, the players involved completely crap all over that point. If a single chairman believed Mackay was good enough, he'd be managing now. It would be spun as a public rehabilitation after all... I'm convinced some chairmen would appoint a serial killer is they could guarantee promotion.
    With what?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    With what?
    I clearly repeated the mistake the original post did...

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He led us to the promised land and for that we should all be eternally grateful. The only people who slag him off are the ones who have never made a mistake.
    I've never made a racist mistake 🙋🏻*♂️

He did a great job here but tried to play the fans and the media too much at the end, he knew he was in the wrong yet leaked the emails trying to make Tan the bad guy (which he was for the red shirts but not for the sacking).

I think we didn't have enough goals in us to stay up but wish it'd been different and we could have given Malky the full season and a chance to take us back up if we'd gone down. Unfortunately he acted like a clown and got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've never made a racist mistake ����*♂️

He did a great job here but tried to play the fans and the media too much at the end, he knew he was in the wrong yet leaked the emails trying to make Tan the bad guy (which he was for the red shirts but not for the sacking).

I think we didn't have enough goals in us to stay up but wish it'd been different and we could have given Malky the full season and a chance to take us back up if we'd gone down. Unfortunately he acted like a clown and got caught.
    This ^^^

I've never made a racist mistake ����*♂️

Nonsense. He got sacked out of spite, then he got caught. Can we please try to not forget that? It's well documented.

The article is wrong when it says "the true reason however for Mackay’s sacking was revealed retrospectively in August 2014, when a dossier sent to the FA by the Cardiff hierarchy contained evidence of text messages that Mackay and Moody had sent each other of a racist, homophobic and discriminatory nature", because the messages didn't come to light until months after the sacking - they weren't the reason why Mackay was sacked,

However, I believe that, leaving aside whether the sacking was justified or not (what's the point in going over something that has been done to death over the past few years on here again?), the central point of the piece contrasting how Mackay's career has been affected by his use of racist language with the fact that John Terry and JonJo Shelvey (who, yet again, proves what a plank he is with his “they are still in the Championship and we are in the Premier League” remark) are allowed to carry on as if nothing happened is a fair one.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Nonsense. He got sacked out of spite, then he got caught. Can we please try to not forget that? It's well documented.
    Is that true though? I thought they found something on his emails before the phone stuff hence the crawl down.

I think it's immaterial anyway I felt completely let down by him and Tan once the ordeal was over.

The point of the piece wasn't really to go into the machinations of Mackay's career and whether or not it has "dovetailed" (although for what it's worth I think he is on the whole a decent enough bloke who got caught doing a very stupid thing - Kim Bo-Kyung was happy to play for him again and talk openly about what a good bloke he is); as Bob says it has already been done to death. It was more (again, as Bob says) meant to highlight how some players seem to get away with it without any real scrutiny whereas Mackay is viewed as an absolute pariah in many quarters (I disagree that the media took his side, and if they did I don't think that stance is still widely adopted).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The article is wrong when it says "the true reason however for Mackay’s sacking was revealed retrospectively in August 2014, when a dossier sent to the FA by the Cardiff hierarchy contained evidence of text messages that Mackay and Moody had sent each other of a racist, homophobic and discriminatory nature", because the messages didn't come to light until months after the sacking - they weren't the reason why Mackay was sacked
    That's a fair point and is poor/lazy research on my part - thanks for pointing it out and I have amended that passage accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    However, I believe that, leaving aside whether the sacking was justified or not (what's the point in going over something that has been done to death over the past few years on here again?), the central point of the piece contrasting how Mackay's career has been affected by his use of racist language with the fact that John Terry and JonJo Shelvey (who, yet again, proves what a plank he is with his “they are still in the Championship and we are in the Premier League” remark) are allowed to carry on as if nothing happened is a fair one.
    The article assumes nobody wanted Mackay managing their club due to the racism. The article conveniently fails to push the importance of the fact Mackay was found out at Wigan with that debacle. 5 wins in how many games?

The other question is was there any interest from lower level clubs ( league 1, 2 etc ). Maybe there was and that interest turned down. We'll never know.

EDIT: For me, Mackays response at first is probably more telling than anything else, "friendly text banter" right? It's the same as Cornelius going from highly paid number 9 to a "project". Mackay has continually displayed an inability to accept any responsibility - until the text, emails really came out when he had no choice but to do so to try to save his career.

Sexism, racism, anti-semitism. Just good old banter innit.

There are a lot of people on here re writing history.
    One could argue our club is currently being administered with more racist tendancies than ever before
    The current concide list of owner and directors of CCFC is as follows:
    VT
    Derek Chee Seng Chin
    Mehmet Delman
    Veh Ken Choo

The owner or his co horts have no cultural affinity with our city, club or the game.

Is that true though? I thought they found something on his emails before the phone stuff hence the crawl down.

I think it's immaterial anyway I felt completely let down by him and Tan once the ordeal was over.
    No, he got sacked before any of this came out (or was due to be). Tan has admitted he didn't know about it. He wasn't investigated until he was sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, he got sacked before any of this came out (or was due to be). Tan has admitted he didn't know about it. He wasn't investigated until he was sacked.
    Fair enough then it was ridiculous to sack him

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    One could argue our club is currently being administered with more racist tendancies than ever before
    VT
    Derek Chee Seng Chin
    Mehmet Delman
    Veh Ken Choo

The owner or his co horts have no cultural affinity with our city, club or the game.
    What are the racist tendandies? Am I missing something or are you saying someone buying a football club they have no affinity with and employing people they are familiar with working with in certain positions is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    VT
    Derek Chee Seng Chin
    Mehmet Delman
    Veh Ken Choo

That's a very spurious claim to make. Care to provide evidence of those racist tendencies being administered?

What are the racist tendandies? Am I missing something or are you saying someone buying a football club they have no affinity with and employing people they are familiar with working with in certain positions is racist?
    It's as if the ethnicities of those in positions of power at the club are being deliberately highlighted to show they must be racist... which in itself is a tad racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The article assumes nobody wanted Mackay managing their club due to the racism. The article conveniently fails to push the importance of the fact Mackay was found out at Wigan with that debacle. 5 wins in how many games?

The other question is was there any interest from lower level clubs ( league 1, 2 etc ). Maybe there was and that interest turned down. We'll never know.

EDIT: For me, Mackays response at first is probably more telling than anything else, "friendly text banter" right? It's the same as Cornelius going from highly paid number 9 to a "project". Mackay has continually displayed an inability to accept any responsibility - until the text, emails really came out when he had no choice but to do so to try to save his career.

Sexism, racism, anti-semitism. Just good old banter innit.
    Don't get what any of that has got to do with the part of my post you quoted.

The way i remember reading it was that the text stuff had been discovered which led to the leaked email telling him to quit or be sacked which surfaced before the Liverpool game.
    He used the email to get fans and the media on his side, which obviously worked for a while leading to the extended sing song of don't sack Mackay after the Liverpool game.
    Personally the difference between his situation and Suarez for example is that Suarez continued to be a success on the pitch and as we know well, football fans and football people in general are a forgiving bunch as long as there is success on the pitch.
    If he hadn't been such an abject failure at Wigan then his career wouldn't have taken the nosedive that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The way i remember reading it was that the text stuff had been discovered which led to the leaked email telling him to quit or be sacked which surfaced before the Liverpool game.
    He used the email to get fans and the media on his side, which obviously worked for a while leading to the extended sing song of don't sack Mackay after the Liverpool game.
    Personally the difference between his situation and Suarez for example is that Suarez continued to be a success on the pitch and as we know well, football fans and football people in general are a forgiving bunch as long as there is success on the pitch.
    If he hadn't been such an abject failure at Wigan then his career wouldn't have taken the nosedive that it has.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Cardiff.html

The Daily Mail broke the story in August 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Cardiff.html

The Daily Mail broke the story in August 2014.
    That piece says they were discovered in march that year in a raid on Moodys home.I'm sure they had something on him before that though as Tan was offering him a slightly more dignified get out than being sacked.
    Tan did have all the evidence ready for whenever Malky had a job offer though.

International

Is that nosedive dovetailed with anything else??

That piece says they were discovered in march that year in a raid on Moodys home.I'm sure they had something on him before that though as Tan was offering him a slightly more dignified get out than being sacked.
    Tan did have all the evidence ready for whenever Malky had a job offer though.
    I think they sacked him for the Cornelius transfer, and Mackay sued Tan. Then, this all came out. Anyway, Tan has spent far too much time trying to bury Mackay, he should keep his mouth shut now and focus on other things.