+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh and European

Welsh and European

That's how I and many others feel. Those uneducated voters will reap what they have sowed in time under the English political system. Fekin idiots.

Re: Welsh and European

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    That's how I and many others feel. Those uneducated voters will reap what they have sowed in time under the English political system. Fekin idiots.
    White or brown bread?

A back 4 or a back 5?

I thought this was a good comment on the guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-live#comments

Brexit is to focus highly in the news this week, both at the Labour Party conference and also due to the ongoing EU negotiations. I'd like to make a point about the language of Brexit.

There seems to be a hard-line group of pro EU supporters that shout out and falsely accuse any and all Leave voters of being racists, xenophobes and bigots, those calling people Kippers and saying that Leave voters all voted for UKIP, and so on. I have a couple of clear observations.

If all Leave voters were UKIP supporters then surely UKIP would be in government, you might think. The UKIP parliamentary candidates didn't suddenly all move over into the Conservative or Labour parties.

It's very clear that there are far more racists, xenophobes and bigots in countries on mainland Europe than there are in the UK:

2017 has seen 13.1% of Dutch voters vote for Geert Wilders, making the right-wing PVV the second largest Dutch political party. 33.9% of French voters voted for Marine Le Penn and her right-wing National Front. 12.6% of German voters just voted for the far-right AfD to be the third largest political party in Germany.

This is fact, not petty accusations or name calling. This is reality, not the mention of unicorns or red buses in hoping for a pat on the back from the echo-chamber. This is Europe and the EU we are talking about.

So, with that in mind, I have to ask ...

Where are most of the racists, xenophobes and bigots in world? Are they in the UK or are they in the EU?

People should think about that the next time they want to spew out the words racist, xenophobe or bigot in reference to anyone who voted Leave in the referendum. Or do those who spout those terms feel that it's fine to use them about British people, as they think it's okay to be an EU racist, xenophobe or bigot?

We should not stand for and should speak up against racism, xenophobia and bigotry in any country. We should not however be falsely accusing people of be guilty of those things with regard to the UK's EU independence referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Can you be Welsh and European and still vote Leave?

We're not leaving europe, just an organisation that has gone wrong.