+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wow! Video of Spurs new dual pitch technology...

Wow! Video of Spurs new dual pitch technology...

Re: Wow! Video of Spurs new dual pitch technology...

Seems a step up from the original pallet pitch at The Millennium Stadium, that was dreadful but, more or less, the same idea. Not another pitch underneath but tarmac, the idea being to remove the turf pitch for other, non sporting, events to take place without damaging the surface, didn't work. Obviously technology has moved on, be interesting to see if it does go smoothly though. Ideal place for NFL, Tottenham, I imagine the majority of locals speak fluent American gangsta🇺🇸🇺🇸😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Well kind of. Whilst not exactly old hat, I have seen this before, the one stand end being on hydraulics and rails swinging open to allow the pitch which has been outside in zero shade.

I'd be interested to see what happens to the pitch at the joins. The pallete system at the MS was disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well kind of. Whilst not exactly old hat, I have seen this before, the one stand end being on hydraulics and rails swinging open to allow the pitch which has been outside in zero shade.

I'd be interested to see what happens to the pitch at the joins. The pallete system at the MS was disastrous.
    The 'seamless' quote was one I was suspicious of, 'butting' things up in any aspect of construction is nigh on impossible to be totally seamless, can look like one unit and be acceptable if untouched but standing up to the wear & tear of a football match will be the crunch.