+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Games You've Sadly Missed

Games You've Sadly Missed

What games have you missed for one reason or other, not run of the mill ones through choice, can't be arsed or 'red protest' games but ones that you're thinking 'Shite, why am I doing this? I should be watching The City or Wales!'
    Saying this now because (no doubt there's obviously been others in my case) because it's hit me twice in five days. I'm on holiday (always go these two weeks, we've done our bit with our kids and these are the first two weeks the kids are back in school, the weather's still good and the places, being kid free, are a bit quieter) but, wasn't overly upset over Austria, but Moldova & Fulham are right pissing me off. I blame social media, you're still so in touch yet helpless. Oh and there's a few Leeds fans here shitting themselves about their Burton game tomorrow (they never do well against the minnows apparently, well Leeds are huge😂😂😂😂😂).

Re: Games You've Sadly Missed

I generally miss 1 or 2 games at the start of the season and I wish I was able to get to West Ham for our first game in the Premier League.
    I also never saw Eddie Johnson score.

This season, Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves and QPR, the joy of working offshore. Should be home for Leeds but that's not certain now.

Missed the semi final of the Euros last year. I know we lost but it would've been great to have seen my nation walking out to a major semi final.

Missed out on the Charlton promotion game.

Last season's home vs Villa - I had 'man flu'.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    This season, Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves and QPR, the joy of working offshore. Should be home for Leeds but that's not certain now.
    Fair play elytillidie you've made me feel a lot better/humbler lying on my sun bed this morning, must be frustrating for you mate👍

Mine must be right up there as the ultimate miss. During our promotion season under Malky I missed 1 home game during the campaign and that was none other than the clinching game V Charlton! I had a vital talent camp for select for the gb paralympic squad (successful) and it could not be avoided despite my best efforts and that of the staff to be fair. What made it worse for me was my dad also had to miss out as he was at the camp with me. All evening long we were getting updates from my sister, nephew. uncles and cousins who are all long standing season ticket holders which was better than nothing, but to this day it is still one of my biggest regrets that my dad and myself weren't there on that historic evening.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Fair play elytillidie you've made me feel a lot better/humbler lying on my sun bed this morning, must be frustrating for you mate��
    Frustrating yeah, season ticket holder, miss at least 50% of the games. When I joined the vessel this time though, for the first three evenings we had mother and calf Humpback whales frequently swimming around the ship. One of the best things I've ever seen in my 58 years, a real privelige.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Frustrating yeah, season ticket holder, miss at least 50% of the games. When I joined the vessel this time though, for the first three evenings we had mother and calf Humpback whales frequently swimming around the ship. One of the best things I've ever seen in my 58 years, a real privelige.
    Didn't miss any W(h)ales games then👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Didn't miss any W(h)ales games then��

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I generally miss 1 or 2 games at the start of the season and I wish I was able to get to West Ham for our first game in the Premier League.
    I also never saw Eddie Johnson score.
    I think I saw him score twice that game? Once at each end?

I lost my voice that game \o/

City v Jacks 1980 Bill Ronson 1-0.
    I went to Porthcawl with my sister , the lure of those 2p pushers was just too much for 12 year old gambler.
    I still regret it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Mine must be right up there as the ultimate miss.
    I think mine is the ultimate miss.

Leeds in FA Cup.

Still have my unused ticket in the house somewhere. Mate cried off last minute so gave it a miss

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Leeds in FA Cup.

Still have my unused ticket in the house somewhere. Mate cried off last minute so gave it a miss
    Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Leeds in FA Cup.

Yeah, that is probably worse as a 1 off game it was one of those, I was there moments. However, the stick I took from family for missing the Charlton game will haunt me forever. My nephew told me to eff Rio

I missed the Play Off final at Mill Stad. Booked to go to Tenerife. On the plus side I watched it with a QPR fan

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I missed the Play Off final at Mill Stad. Booked to go to Tenerife. On the plus side I watched it with a QPR fan
    Still remains one of THE great days watching City