+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: FULHAM 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: FULHAM 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Manager of the month and player of the month awards won this morning.

Over 3,000 tickets reported as sold by the club.

Warnock press conference to come this morning

City take their 100% record to Craven Cottage tomorrow

Fulham took Ipswich's 100% record from them in their last match

Re: FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Warnock's press conference this morning:

Neil Warnock on his manager of the month award
    Every one (award) is important. I remember most of them. It’s not an award for the manager, it’s an award for the whole club. We’ve moved together from the top right down, we are united. It’s a really good achievement. The players have done really well and we’ve had a good pre-season and we’ve played good stuff well.

Warnock on player of the month Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
    Right from meeting him I know what he’s got, it’s just reassuring lads like that, that the step up is not what you think, and to be yourself really. He has attributes which we use and you can see he enjoys it. Even before the season started, we had a very good pre-season.

Warnock on his side’s form
    All credit to the lads that were here aswell, we had a decent end to the season. I’ve not seen Hoilett or Bamba play like this before. You’ve got your consistent ones like Peltier, Gunnarson and Ralls. And you’ve got Zohore as good as anything in the country. With Mendez-Laing playing like this, it’s the freedom.

Warnock on tomorrow’s opponents
    Tomorrow’s going to be a real good challenge. I think they were the best team we played last year, in the play-offs, i thought if they got past Reading they’d have gone up.
    I think it’s soon (that they go up). I have lost in the playoffs once. It’s a horrible feeling and it’s very difficult to get the lads up, no matter what you say. They must have known they were the best team so it’s a double low to them. They’ve got so many good players, they’ll have a lot of the ball.

Warnock on the upcoming fixtures
    The next two months, I’ve said from day one, if we can be in the top 4 from the end of October then we’ve got a good chance of the play-offs. In the championship you won’t win every game, it’s so difficult. It wouldn’t be a shock if we lost all three games. We’ll have to use the squad a bit. Bruno’s not even back yet. We’ll have to think carefully about selection.

More from Warnock on the Championship
    It’s just as difficult to go to Burton in this league, the bottom teams can beat the top teams. The attitude of the players has got to be right. All I know is it will be difficult for the teams to play us.

Warnock on new signing Craig Bryson
    I asked about Craig a couple of weeks earlier but Gary Rowett had no intention of selling him. I had a couple of options in midfield but I left it till about 8am in the morning to check with Gary if there was a chance of a deal.
    And it seems things changes at their end. I was told that it would be possible if the player wanted to come.
    In the end it was about 10 to 11, I don’t know why it happens every year.

More on how Warnock got his man
    He was my number one target. I just had a hunch when I rang up on that morning, because I had to get that passed by Vincent, Mehmet and Ken, they were fabulous. They really helped me secure Craig, they knew he was my target and he’s the one I’d have liked to sign permanently.

Warnock on what Bryson brings
    He’s a very underrated player, he’s a manager’s player, I think that’s why Gary was a bit loathe to let him come. He doesn’t catch the eye but you always give him 8/10. We’re asking a lot of Loic to play three games a week when he’s come from the second division in france.

Warnock on new signing Liam Feeney
    I think the two players coming in will help us get goals. Last window (Feeney) should’ve come. I think he needs me, he’s not been a regular at Blackburn and the way I see him playing I think he can do well for me which is why I let Matthew (Kennedy) go.
    I think we’ve got better on the bench now. It’s given us a really good competitiveness now, to win games, not to just shut up shop.

Warnock on holding onto striker Kenneth Zohore
    It’s important that Zohore stayed, but I do feel sorry for Danny Ward because he’s on fire in training. When you’ve won five out of five you can’t complain to the manager. He will play an important part this season.
    It is an absolute nightmare for managers. Last year we had deadline day on a game day. I was on the bench trying to do a deal. It’s no thought from people who haven’t got a clue about the game. I think it only encourages you to be a better manager.

More from the Bluebirds boss on Zohore
    There was always interest in Zohore and the board I imagine of years ago would’ve snapped offers up but they weren’t the right offers for us. Ken’s a very important player for us so we were delighted when the window closed. I think he needs another year to play under me. He’s come back a lot more mature than when he first came into the team. Whilst he might be disappointed that he hasn’t scored goals in the last few games, his contribution has been super.
    I’ve been quite pleased that he hasn’t scored many goals because it hasn’t alerted anybody about how many goals he’s scored.
    We need Ken and I think he needs us for this season.
    I had Premier League managers ringing me and told me that they’d put an offer in, but then it was left to Mehmet and Vincent and they said no right from the start.

Warnock on his injured players
    I went in the physio room and said they’ll be out of work soon.
    Paterson and Camp are both training, one’s going to have half a game in the U-21s (Paterson) next week and Camp is planning to have half a game the week after.
    I can’t envisage him coming back until October (Paterson) but they’re both big players.

More from the manager on injuries
    Connolly is fit, he’s Mr Reliable. You’ll always lose Matt for a few games with his ankles, he’s got ankles like pieces of paper.
    Kadeem is doing very well, the medics are very happy with him. He’s still got the brace on but it comes off next week if I’m not mistaken.

Warnock on not signing Ledley
    We’re done now until January. I don’t want any other additions. I was looking for that attacking midfield player. That’s why Bryson shaded that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Manager of the month and player of the month awards won this morning.

Over 3,000 tickets reported as sold by the club.

Warnock press conference to come this morning

City take their 100% record to Craven Cottage tomorrow

Fulham took Ipswich's 100% record from them in their last match
    Would absolutely love the continue the 100% start but this maybe a lot tougher that the current league positions indicate.
    Our style is to allow opponents to have more possession while we hit them quickly on the break.
    Perhaps allowing fulham plenty of possession early on may well give them increasing confidence to play the ball around smartly.
    Last season I thought they were the best footballing side I managed to see. Even better than Algarve united in the North Midlands
    I would take a draw.

Fulham have made a pretty average start. Let them worry about us.

With so many Fulham injuries there may be a danger of over confidence. But if there is I think that will only apply to the fans. Warnock is doing a great job of talking Fulham up, and I imagine the team will attack this one with their 'under-dog' heads on.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    With so many Fulham injuries there may be a danger of over confidence. But if there is I think that will only apply to the fans. Warnock is doing a great job of talking Fulham up, and I imagine the team will attack this one with their 'under-dog' heads on.
    The injuries could help us, but they have a strong squad and plenty to choose from. Will still be very tough for us

Think we just might blow them away tomorrow and show just how strong a team we are....3-0 city.

Paterson and Camp are both training, one’s going to have half a game in the U-21s (Paterson) next week and Camp is planning to have half a game the week after.
    I can’t envisage him coming back until October (Paterson) but they’re both big players.

What about the enigma that is Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Only won one game this season !
    got a good feeling about this one 3000 + fans urging us on too ....getting excited now

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

What about the enigma that is Fred?
    I get the impression that Fred has been somewhere other than Cardiff since last December - probably not in the U.K. and maybe not even in Europe. In fact there is a good chance he is not even on Planet Earth. The evidence all points to him being abducted by aliens who wiped the minds of the club staff and local journalists who cannot now remember that he ever existed. It's mind blowing stuff!

Enjoyed reading the summary. It's hard not to be enthused by NW.

No mistake, this one will give us a clue where we stand.
    Exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Only won one game this season !
    got a good feeling about this one 3000 + fans urging us on too ....getting excited now
    Yeah. Give em both lungs today if you're going.

IMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIF
    IMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIFIMG_0631.GIF

Opta stats

The Cottagers haven't kept a clean sheet against Cardiff in any competition in their last 19 games against them, since a 2-0 win in March 1989.

These sides haven't shared a goalless draw in a league game since December 1974, with there being at least one goal in each of the last 30 games between the sides.

Fulham have lost just one of their last 11 league games (W6 D4), though it was in their last such match at home (0-1 vs Sheffield Wednesday).

Neil Warnock has never won an away league match at Fulham (D2 L7), with his last visit ending in a 6-0 defeat for his QPR side in the Premier League in October 2011.

Fulham are averaging just 0.8 goals per game in the Championship so far this term; this after averaging 1.8 per game in the 2016/17 campaign (excl. play-offs).

None of the last six clubs top of the Championship at the end of August have gone on to win automatic promotion, and only two have finished in the top six.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Don't get complacent. Teams who have had an average/bad start start don't tend to worry about being beaten.

Win this one and we'll have to refer to the manager as God. Nothing else would be acceptable.

I'm in the UK for a few weeks, so it will be interesting to see whether I can still access the iFollow live video coverage using a VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I'm in the UK for a few weeks, so it will be interesting to see whether I can still access the iFollow live video coverage using a VPN.
    Ahh so it appears I am not the only one

Warnock seems to be in love with game just as much as 10/15 yrs ago. His attitude is spot on. If we don't go up this season, it won't be down to lack of effort.
    Strangely I feel more confident today because we are away.
    Not looked at the stats but get the feeling Fulham are a better team away from home.
    Good luck today to the boys and a big shout for the fans making the trip.

Fulham were the best side I saw last season as a footballing team and our 2-2 game at home was the most entertaining.
    On that day we should've had 5 or 6 but they could've nicked a winner at the end.
    We'll have our chances today.

Etheridge, Peltier, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnar, Ralls, Damour, Hoilett, Zohore, Mendez-Laing.

Murphy, Manga, Richards, Tomlin, Bryson, Feeney, Ward

Very strong bench

Bogle seems to be the one who has lost out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Etheridge, Peltier, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnar, Ralls, Damour, Hoilett, Zohore, Mendez-Laing.

Murphy, Manga, Richards, Tomlin, Bryson, Feeney, Ward
    That is one good looking side and bench!
    Went for a draw on the predictions thread, and would still take one, but I'm erring on the side of a win for some reason.
    Let's hope for the same plan of action as the Wolves game

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Win this one and we'll have to refer to the manager as God. Nothing else would be acceptable.
    Us athiests are a bit f*cked in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That is one good looking side and bench!
    Went for a draw on the predictions thread, and would still take one, but I'm erring on the side of a win for some reason.
    Let's hope for the same plan of action as the Wolves game
    Blooooooobirds!!