+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games you've sadly watched

Games you've sadly watched

Inspired by threads Gladly and sadly missed, games you rather you HAD missed.

Play off semi first leg against West Ham (I think it was 2012).
    The team were knackered by the end of that season and we got bullied all over the park.
    I remember thinking that if we did manage to scrape into the final, I didn't think I would go to Wembley to save further heartbreak. I would not have missed the final in reality but no doubt in my mind we would have got beat.

Swansea away is another, league cup 2008.
    Lost 1 nil (should have won) and the police not only wouldn't let us out, they didn't disperse the home fans who goaded us for what must have been half an hour.

Re: Games you've sadly watched

Ipswich - end of an era

Ipswich last game Ninian Park

The Barry Town final at the MillStad, club was in a bit of turmoil then.

90% of the games in the eighties...

Peterborough away long journey home that night and to make it worse all the goals was the other end

The whole season when Alan Durban was manager.

Cardiff v Stoke 2002
    Please keep off the pitch at the final whistle

Then Stoke score .....
    Shit shit shit night....

Cardiff 0 Brighton 0 in Feb 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31105874

was the worst game of football I've watched live in recent years.

Stoke away late 70s, ended up bedridden for a week due to the kicking I received after the game. Vowed never to go there again, but went back about twelve years ago and got hit in the face with a rock in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    90% of the games in the eighties...

I should have said "games you remember".

Surprised nobody's mentioned "our Russ" yet though that probably because not many in particular contained any excitement to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Stoke away late 70s, ended up bedridden for a week due to the kicking I received after the game. Vowed never to go there again, but went back about twelve years ago and got hit in the face with a rock in the car park.

I shouldn't laugh but great delivery... your and his!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I'll raise your nil nil with Cardiff 0 Crystal palace 0 from 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/9031705.stm

Was so looking forward to seeing the creative midfield genius that was Edgar Davids, only for him be be slotted in defence after a couple of early injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Yes of course Bob, one from the RS era... after reading the write up I now remember the cheers for the first shot on target in the 2nd half.
    There were many that season but well done for remembering that particular one.

Thinking about it, you probably remember quite a few of the others too having had to write about them in your blog which I have no doubt, must have been a struggle to drum up the enthusiasm every week!

Rep of Ireland vs Wales about 10 years ago at Croke Park. Lost 1-0 and the game was dreadful. Remember the Irish papers next day had a headline "Clueless 1, Useless 0". That just about summed it up. Great trip but god, the football was awful

I came back just for that last match at Ninian Park, if only McCormack would have finished that penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes of course Bob, one from the RS era... after reading the write up I now remember the cheers for the first shot on target in the 2nd half.
    There were many that season but well done for remembering that particular one.

Thinking about it, you probably remember quite a few of the others too having had to write about them in your blog which I have no doubt, must have been a struggle to drum up the enthusiasm every week!
    Yes, the blog is now into it's eighth season and there's only been one during that time when I have seriously thought of knocking the whole thing on the head - 14/15 was like serving a sentence. Nowadays I wake up on match day and the upcoming game is the first thing I think of, but there were a couple of midweek home games which I forgot all about until about three hours before kick off that season - Brighton wasn't one of them, but Blackburn the following week was and, as it turned out, it was pretty good by the standards of that season as Matt Kennedy actually provided some entertainment in his first game for us.

Cardiff v Stoke 2002. Easily the worst I have felt after any game.

Could have done without Cardiff v Doncaster on a Friday night in about 1987. Though in fairness, I did leave at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'll raise your nil nil with Cardiff 0 Crystal palace 0 from 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/9031705.stm

Was so looking forward to seeing the creative midfield genius that was Edgar Davids, only for him be be slotted in defence after a couple of early injuries.
    Just had a quick look at my blog piece for that game and it's fair to say I was not a happy bunny!

I'm probably wrong, but I think that may have been Wilfred Zaha's debut game.

Burton Albion 2-0 Cardiff City last season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bury 3 Cardiff City 0 on a very wet Tuesday night some years ago. Bury bottom of the league. We were big spenders by comparison and we had told them so. They murdered us.

We did win the mascot fight though - ours pulled their mascot's head off. That was the only highlight.......

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyone who has followed us for any length of time will have loads it two stick out for me barring the obvious big game disappointments.

Last season's home defeat to leeds was a major low point for me as there was nothing there from the players it was depressing

The other one was a 0 0 draw at a windy Wrexham in the 80s which was only softened by the fact I was drunk and spent most of the game sitting down on the terrace

Obvious one was Deepdale in 2009 when we lost 6-0.

But another than stands out, I think was 2008 or 2009 too, QPR home.
    Routledge returned after turning us down after his loan spell.
    Dire dire game. QPR sat deep, we couldn't make chances, could see which way the game was going after 10 minutes and I eventually left at the hour mark, most boring game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Bury 3 Cardiff City 0 on a very wet Tuesday night some years ago. Bury bottom of the league. We were big spenders by comparison and we had told them so. They murdered us.

We did win the mascot fight though - ours pulled their mascot's head off. That was the only highlight.......

That brings the memories flooding back, they did have a decent clubhouse mind!

The whole of the Durban era home and away.

yeah, that home leg of the Stoke Play off was a real gutting experience. My mates daughter was in tears, I wasn't far behind her!

Blackpool Playoff final. Had hired a coach for all my family and friends. Never forget the look on my nephews faces as I got back to the coach. A long, long journey home that day.

Shrewsbury in F A Cup season before last. Sheffield Utd in F. A cup at Ninian about 12 years ago. Sheffield Utd home about 1976 lost 1-6. Sheffield Utd at Ninian about ten years ago when that ginger tw@t Ward was giving it the big I am. As you can see Sheffield Utd weigh heavily on my mind!