+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games you've sadly watched

Re: Games you've sadly watched

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Obvious one was Deepdale in 2009 when we lost 6-0.

But another than stands out, I think was 2008 or 2009 too, QPR home.
    Routledge returned after turning us down after his loan spell.
    Dire dire game. QPR sat deep, we couldn't make chances, could see which way the game was going after 10 minutes and I eventually left at the hour mark, most boring game ever.
    The Deepdale game was my first game back after a serious illness. I was still going through radiotherapy. Beautiful weather, glad to be alive, even treated myself to a pint - then came the game

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Cardiff v Stoke 2002
    Please keep off the pitch at the final whistle

Then Stoke score .....
    Shit shit shit night....

Def ^

Colchester away c 2006/7 Flew to Stanstead.. 3 nights in a shitty town near the airport. Lost 3-0 . Everything people say about Essex is true
    Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just had a quick look at my blog piece for that game and it's fair to say I was not a happy bunny!

I'm probably wrong, but I think that may have been Wilfred Zaha's debut game.
    I remember being so disappointed that Edgar Davids was so awful

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Colchester away c 2006/7 Flew to Stanstead.. 3 nights in a shitty town near the airport. Lost 3-0 . Everything people say about Essex is true
    Never again.

Feedback

Scunthorpe v Oldham

Got there on 40 minutes only to be thrown out at half time.

Same with Huddersfield v Oldham. Got halfway in the hills somewhere, stopped for a beer which turned into a major session on the brandy and coke. Missed the game stuck in the middle of nowhere. It was like Royston vasey

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Bury 3 Cardiff City 0 on a very wet Tuesday night some years ago. Bury bottom of the league. We were big spenders by comparison and we had told them so. They murdered us.

We did win the mascot fight though - ours pulled their mascot's head off. That was the only highlight.......

Spencer Prior, wound the Bury forward up by telling him how much he was earning at Cardiff, only consolation for me was that I was working in Manchester and was back in the hotel about 20 minutes after the end of the match.

Around 1977 Sheff Utd 6 - 1 loss at home, John Buchannan scored

1978-1979 Brighton away boxing day morning kick off and we lost 5-0 (NEVER GOING AWAY AGAIN THAT SEASON)

next game I went to in January and we lost 5-0 at Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Shrewsbury in F A Cup season before last. Sheffield Utd in F. A cup at Ninian about 12 years ago. Sheffield Utd home about 1976 lost 1-6. Sheffield Utd at Ninian about ten years ago when that ginger tw@t Ward was giving it the big I am. As you can see Sheffield Utd weigh heavily on my mind!
    Strangely I remember that because my old man said to me - Have you seen the Cardiff score? Cardiff one(won) he said, followed by a long pause, Sheffield 6.
    Heso never been the funniest person I've known.

I didn't go to Deepdale that year I went shopping instead. I remember waiting for the train at Queen Street and the staff had a radio on and a game was on and someone was being stuffed. When I got home I found out it was us! They must have had Radio Wales on as I was unable to establish who was playing from the (lack of) commentary I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Stoke away late 70s, ended up bedridden for a week due to the kicking I received after the game. Vowed never to go there again, but went back about twelve years ago and got hit in the face with a rock in the car park.
    Sorry Gibbo but I couldn't help but laugh at that

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Sorry Gibbo but I couldn't help but laugh at that
    Gibbo you are a genius with your comic delivery 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍