+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ifollow for non-UK residents

ifollow for non-UK residents

Has anyone figured out how to get any sort of commentary while watching the live feed?

Also the camera operator must have just been told 'follow the ball at all times' - you don't even get to see who's being substituted because the camera just stays on the ball.

Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing but if they had competition they'd be knackered

Re: ifollow for non-UK residents

I was having some other issues with iFollow and I spoke to one of the managers at NeuLion about this. He said that it's completely down to the individual club - they just provide the system.

A mate of mine who supports Forest told me they have commentary and replays on their iFollow - yet we don't even have a scoreboard. I went to make a cup of tea during the QPR match and only realised they'd scored when I got a goal alert on my phone.

On the plus side the NeuLion guy did say a lot of people have complained about the same thing, and it is being passed onto the respective clubs.

I watch it from here in Cardiff. Open the video feed in one tab and the commentary in another. You may have to pause the video for a second to allow it to catch up.

The video player also has the option to skip back and forward so you can sort of do your own replays but it's not ideal. The player also has points of significance marked along the time bar such as goals, cards etc so you can go back to specific points but I haven't tried it, just happy to be watching the game really :)

Yeah, the only option at the moment is to open the live commentary in another tab / on another device and try to sync up the audio and video. Bit of a pain, but i'll take it compared to audio only for the last 10+ years. I did Tweet the club a lot complaining and they told me the video feed is provided by the EFL whereas they provide the commentary feed so they can't link them up due to restrictions or something like that. I don't see why they can't personally, there is even an option in the feed where you can pick the home or away audio but it obviously doesn't do anything at the moment.

I've been hoping they will just continue to improve it as it's so new.

To be fair, it's about as bad as it could be. No graphics, no commentary, single camera. The only reason I'm keeping it is because it works out at about $3 a game. Last time I watched a city game in a bar I spent $70.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Yeah, the only option at the moment is to open the live commentary in another tab / on another device and try to sync up the audio and video. Bit of a pain, but i'll take it compared to audio only for the last 10+ years. I did Tweet the club a lot complaining and they told me the video feed is provided by the EFL whereas they provide the commentary feed so they can't link them up due to restrictions or something like that. I don't see why they can't personally, there is even an option in the feed where you can pick the home or away audio but it obviously doesn't do anything at the moment.

I've been hoping they will just continue to improve it as it's so new.
    The BBC Wales arrangements will be the **** up on the commentary as they will be insisting on rights. If the I follow is live as it should be that's an answer have the radio on.
    If no commentary we should be paying less than half price clearly.

I have just subscribed and there will be hell to pay if it does not work.

I think it's great value for the money considering it's so cheap and you get every single league game.

The lack of commentary doesn't bother me, some replays would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The BBC Wales arrangements will be the **** up on the commentary as they will be insisting on rights. If the I follow is live as it should be that's an answer have the radio on.
    If no commentary we should be paying less than half price clearly.

I have just subscribed and there will be hell to pay if it does not work.
    The club provide a commentary feed inside of iFollow with their own announcers (this is what I have paid for the past 10 years or so), it's just not a part of the video stream. So you just have to play them both separately.

I do love the service though, being able to watch every match is incredible.