Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
"Hilarious"? That's a revealing insight. For myself, I found our season in the Premier League to be embarrassing and inept as we put on a very comprehensive masterclass as to how not to succeed in the top flight. I always say that David Marshall was the only club employee in a position of any influence who could look back on that season and feel they had performed to their full potential - I didn't find anything remotely hilarious, or even funny, about that season.
While i agree with some of what you say we had our moments. Also thought even though we were stuffed we had a go at Liverpool and Chelsea at the end of the season . Also the Man City game was the obvious highlight. We were also extremely unlucky to lose last minute v Spurs in a game we performed well. In fact before they scored at the death wed had a chance to win it. Also very unlucky v Everton away when we could have won it with a penalty appeal turned down and then they went and scored at the death. Should have been out of sight v Sunderland then folded in the last 10 minutes. The comeback v West Brom.

Towards the end there were embarrassing performances against I think it was Hull and Palace.

However our performance in the PL was brilliant compared to Villas on their relegation.

Cant say I enjoyed the season but we performed better in the PL than say relegation under Durban. I mean there were no highlights to some of our relegations