+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff promotion or Wales WC qualification?

Re: Cardiff promotion or Wales WC qualification?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Hilarious"? That's a revealing insight. For myself, I found our season in the Premier League to be embarrassing and inept as we put on a very comprehensive masterclass as to how not to succeed in the top flight. I always say that David Marshall was the only club employee in a position of any influence who could look back on that season and feel they had performed to their full potential - I didn't find anything remotely hilarious, or even funny, about that season.
    While i agree with some of what you say we had our moments. Also thought even though we were stuffed we had a go at Liverpool and Chelsea at the end of the season . Also the Man City game was the obvious highlight. We were also extremely unlucky to lose last minute v Spurs in a game we performed well. In fact before they scored at the death wed had a chance to win it. Also very unlucky v Everton away when we could have won it with a penalty appeal turned down and then they went and scored at the death. Should have been out of sight v Sunderland then folded in the last 10 minutes. The comeback v West Brom.

Towards the end there were embarrassing performances against I think it was Hull and Palace.

However our performance in the PL was brilliant compared to Villas on their relegation.

Cant say I enjoyed the season but we performed better in the PL than say relegation under Durban. I mean there were no highlights to some of our relegations

As the home of my family isn't going to get there now this Cardiff Irish boy would love love to see Wales at the World Cup.
    The World Cup in Spain in 1982 got me into football at 7. Even now I love watching reruns of that tournament.

But I'm also greedy so I reckon both will happen year 👍👍👍

"International football does nothing for me" ....... Did you see Wales V Belgium in the Euros!?

Each to one's own but that is a strange attitude. I feel you'd have to go somewhat out of your way not to enjoy international football.

I think there is probably some political/emotional feeling getting in the way for some people.....in which case, the question is a little but redundant. It's a bit like going on a Wales forum and asking people from Wrexham.... CCFC or Wales ? Obviously gonna be easy for those who have no affiliation to CCFC.

I support both teams and have felt equally extreme emotions of delight and disappointment on both counts.

That said, and taking the above into account, it's still a silly question. Wales getting to the WC, at the current time, is a considerably bigger achievement than CCFC getting to the prem in more ways than one.

If Wales were like France or Germany in that they ALWAYS qualify , and Cardiff city had been struggling in the lower leagues for the last 30 years with little to talk of in the way of glory, I'd choose City. But that's not the case.

I think a more challenging question would be ....

FOR THOSE WHO SUPPORT WALES AND CARDIFF WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER : CCFC WINNING THE PREM AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OR WALES WINNING THE WORLD CUP ???

That said, the answer to the question would be almost impossible to answer........and maybe overly hypothetical !

Got to be City. Dominated by whole bloody life. Wales in France was great,although marred a bit by the plastics and glory hunters getting on board. For fecks sake i doubt that Charlotte Church and a load of those rugger people had been to a footie match before and will never go again even if Wales gets to Russia.

As much as id love City to go up, going to the Euros last year was my best experience as a football fan. Even being at the semi was amazing even though we lost.

I think City will have plenty of chance to get promoted whereas Wales getting to another World Cup might never happen.

Both if possible though!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Got to be City. Dominated by whole bloody life. Wales in France was great,although marred a bit by the plastics and glory hunters getting on board. For fecks sake i doubt that Charlotte Church and a load of those rugger people had been to a footie match before and will never go again even if Wales gets to Russia.
    Gatekeeping bollocks, the fact that a huge part of the country were into it made it even better.

I never understand people getting put off something because people who aren't as "hardcore" as them get into it when the more interesting matches come around.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    No, Tan would be here every week again, and the press would have a field day.
    The press have moved on, it's about time grown men did as well. That season in Premiership wasn't even yesterday's news, yet you still witter on as though it happened yesterday.

If Tan does start to make some money for a change, why shouldn't he?

Yet, you will never accept the good he has done, because he changed the shirt colour in exchange for huge investments in our teams and infrastructure.

It was something that was discussed in detail after the initial leak on this forum.

A majority of fans reluctantly accepted this 'deal'.

TG had initially steadied the ship financially, but could not continue to do so, as he acknowledged he did not have the funds. He brought Tan to the club.

Without Tan or TG previously, we would have been back in court with HMRC faster than you are to criticise.

The larger scale protests didn't occur during our promotion season, where a huge amount of fans celebrated on the pitch the day we were promoted. Tan wasn't the villain at that point.

Tan became the villain once Malky started leaking garbage about him.
    The media obviously took the side of a football man over a strange looking Malaysian billionaire.

Malky played the media, helped by the media and PR man (Moody).

Fans were played by Malky, his fist pump and the media.

Tan has been pretty much true to his word, has made concession after concession, backtracked and returned us to blue, trusted far too many football people and eventually got the right people in to tidy up the mess created by Malky and surprisingly by OGS and steady the ship.

Now he has brought in the right man at the right time for Cardiff and the majority of us are now enjoying football more than ever.

Tan has created the opportunity for this to happen.

Yet here we are today and your blinkers remain firmly screwed to your head.

It really is time for you to move on, one way or another. Otherwise you'll become a bitter old man. Be wise and relieve yourself of your anger and vitriol. It's not good for you in ANY way.

Move on...

Wales. This group of players would be nearing their prime and to see that at a World Cup would be fantastic

Easy. Cardiff's season in the Premier League was hilarious, and Wales' time in the Euros was full of glory, honour and general good stories.

Wales every time.
    Cardiff aren't meant to be in the premier league, it's not us. It would be another disaster to take years to recover from. Can't say travelling to Russia is appealing but I guess Wales at a World Cup would be good.

City all the way.

I've always put City first, but in this case I'll make an exception. I don't particularly care for the Premier League. I want us to get promoted because I want this season to be a success, but then I wouldn't be excited about being in the EPL.

I don't know.

The world cups go down in history. But they're over in a heart beat.

Cardiff going up we'd be in the big time for a year, maybe more.

Id be disappointed if wales dont make it but for some reason I am less bothered as that woodburn goal was such a good moment. & the fact it is in russia.

Wales qualify

And it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You mean like last month when we stuffed the team who were many people's tips to win the league?
    Tan used the occasion to have another swipe at Mackay. Tan will attend more games if we go up, and it's unlikely he will avoid controversy.

Cardiff every time

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    The press have moved on, it's about time grown men did as well. That season in Premiership wasn't even yesterday's news, yet you still witter on as though it happened yesterday.
    Tan is still "wittering" on about it, why can't I?

If Tan does start to make some money for a change, why shouldn't he?
    Because he has paid scant attention to the club, attending only 2 games in Cardiff since relegation. Such commitment deserves little.

Yet, you will never accept the good he has done, because he changed the shirt colour in exchange for huge investments in our teams and infrastructure.
    Investment? Why does it still show as a debt then?

It was something that was discussed in detail after the initial leak on this forum.

A majority of fans reluctantly accepted this 'deal'.

TG had initially steadied the ship financially, but could not continue to do so, as he acknowledged he did not have the funds. He brought Tan to the club.

Without Tan or TG previously, we would have been back in court with HMRC faster than you are to criticise.
    Complete falsehoods. TG didn't have the funds to bring Premier League football, he had the funds to maintain a Championship club, which is what we still are despite all this glorious investment in infrastructure and teams. You wanted it and valued it as more important than the traditions of the club and the unity of the fan base.

The larger scale protests didn't occur during our promotion season, where a huge amount of fans celebrated on the pitch the day we were promoted. Tan wasn't the villain at that point.

Tan became the villain once Malky started leaking garbage about him.
    The media obviously took the side of a football man over a strange looking Malaysian billionaire.

Malky played the media, helped by the media and PR man (Moody).

Fans were played by Malky, his fist pump and the media.

Tan has been pretty much true to his word, has made concession after concession, backtracked and returned us to blue, trusted far too many football people and eventually got the right people in to tidy up the mess created by Malky and surprisingly by OGS and steady the ship.

Now he has brought in the right man at the right time for Cardiff and the majority of us are now enjoying football more than ever.

Tan has created the opportunity for this to happen.

Yet here we are today and your blinkers remain firmly screwed to your head.

It really is time for you to move on, one way or another. Otherwise you'll become a bitter old man. Be wise and relieve yourself of your anger and vitriol. It's not good for you in ANY way.

Move on...
    Move on is not a valid counter argument to anything. It's obvious that Tan has done nothing wrong in your eyes. Even his apologists (plenty around now that we are top of the league) realise he has made mistakes. That you cannot is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    "International football does nothing for me" ....... Did you see Wales V Belgium in the Euros!?

Each to one's own but that is a strange attitude. I feel you'd have to go somewhat out of your way not to enjoy international football.

I think there is probably some political/emotional feeling getting in the way for some people.....in which case, the question is a little but redundant. It's a bit like going on a Wales forum and asking people from Wrexham.... CCFC or Wales ? Obviously gonna be easy for those who have no affiliation to CCFC.

I support both teams and have felt equally extreme emotions of delight and disappointment on both counts.

That said, and taking the above into account, it's still a silly question. Wales getting to the WC, at the current time, is a considerably bigger achievement than CCFC getting to the prem in more ways than one.

If Wales were like France or Germany in that they ALWAYS qualify , and Cardiff city had been struggling in the lower leagues for the last 30 years with little to talk of in the way of glory, I'd choose City. But that's not the case.

FOR THOSE WHO SUPPORT WALES AND CARDIFF WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER : CCFC WINNING THE PREM AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OR WALES WINNING THE WORLD CUP ???

That said, the answer to the question would be almost impossible to answer........and maybe overly hypothetical !
    Great points well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Great points well made.
    Good points well made maybe but reading it in context of the question it could quite simply have read "I dunno, cant make my mind up"

It's unnecessary and a bit embarrassing that Tan continues to witter on about Malty and Cornelius - albeit infrequently, in comparison with your embarrassing witterings.
    Where have I said that Tan can do no wrong? I haven't.
    So what, that Tan hasn't been to many games on the last few years.
    He lives thousands of miles away, got very many businesses interests, family and 101 reasons why he hasn't been.
    He has been ridiculed by some classless fans when he has visitied and he's damned if he attends and dammed if he doesn't.
    You claim the comments about TG, the 'deal' for massive investment by Tan in return for colour change and without that investment we would have been in court as absolute falsehoods.
    How ??
    Did you discuss your concerns with TG?
    What did he say when you insisted that he stay and invest his money in Cardiff to remain in the Championship. You can't tell someone that they must stay and invest.
    I, and the vast majority reluctantly chose on investment for colour change,.as the alternatives at the time was truly appalling.
    I had very valid reasons for my decisions.
    You, and the minority chose the opposite.
    What is it, 4 years later and you're still wittering on about it.
    I can't be bothered trying to discuss this matter with you, as I have a life.
    If you want to carry on with your embarrassing wittering, fill your boots and talk to someone who gives a damn!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    It's unnecessary and a bit embarrassing that Tan continues to witter on about Malty and Cornelius - albeit infrequently, in comparison with your embarrassing witterings.
    Where have I said that Tan can do no wrong? I haven't.
    So what, that Tan hasn't been to many games on the last few years.
    He lives thousands of miles away, got very many businesses interests, family and 101 reasons why he hasn't been.
    He has been ridiculed by some classless fans when he has visitied and he's damned if he attends and dammed if he doesn't.
    You claim the comments about TG, the 'deal' for massive investment by Tan in return for colour change and without that investment we would have been in court as absolute falsehoods.
    How ??
    Did you discuss your concerns with TG?
    What did he say when you insisted that he stay and invest his money in Cardiff to remain in the Championship. You can't tell someone that they must stay and invest.
    I, and the vast majority reluctantly chose on investment for colour change,.as the alternatives at the time was truly appalling.
    I had very valid reasons for my decisions.
    You, and the minority chose the opposite.
    What is it, 4 years later and you're still wittering on about it.
    I can't be bothered trying to discuss this matter with you, as I have a life.
    If you want to carry on with your embarrassing wittering, fill your boots and talk to someone who gives a damn!!
    You do seem to have some behavioural issues, have you tried meditation??

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    You do seem to have some behavioural issues, have you tried meditation??
    😁😁

From you I'll take that as a compliment, though your comment would be better directed towards CCFCPhil 😁

Been in the top flight. Not all it's cracked up to be.

Memories of last year's Euros will live forever. Wales 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Been in the top flight. Not all it's cracked up to be.

Memories of last year's Euros will live forever. Wales 100%.
    I get that.

But you are comparing success and failure.

I very much doubt you'd say the top flight isn't all it's cracked up to be if we'd done what Leicester had.

I'm sure I'd enjoy a successful Welsh WC campaign to another relegation .

However The City highs and lows for me as a fan is what it's all about.

The lows make the highs all the better

City promotion

Does anybody really need to ask this question, I may be Welsh but it is always Cardiff City FC first