+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seems the method for getting around overseas restrictions on iFollow has been found..

Seems the method for getting around overseas restrictions on iFollow has been found..

Not sure if this works, but there's a whole guide here - http://watch-efl-ifollow.com/

Re: Seems the method for getting around overseas restrictions on iFollow has been found..

I assumed it was just a case of signing up for a VPN. Didn't realise you had pretend to have a bank account in a different country.

Re: Seems the method for getting around overseas restrictions on iFollow has been found..

Surely tunnel bear will get access , it enables me to use titan bet abroad, but not bet365 as they are a bit more savvy

You do not need a bank account from abroad, absolute rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    True I live abroad but use my uk bank account for it

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I just read the article that's all. Great if you don't , just a VPN required then ?

I would assume they review accounts and where the person is a resident/has a bank account. For example if your account details show you reside in France and your IP address is French when logging in, that's fine, even if your bank account is in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I would assume they review accounts and where the person is a resident/has a bank account. For example if your account details show you reside in France and your IP address is French when logging in, that's fine, even if your bank account is in the UK.
    Didn't tell my bank I moved and it isn't related to my other bank account.

I doubt they can check residence or anything either

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Didn't tell my bank I moved and it isn't related to my other bank account.

I doubt they can check residence or anything either
    Interesting. Maybe it really is as simple as using a VPN then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I live in France, but use a VPN anyway as an additional layer of security. I signed for iFollow with a UK bank card and the VPN switched to a German IP, as that was the recommendation of the day. I didn't need to enter any French address details. Provided the VPN is set to non-UK, iFollow works well. I am in the UK at the moment and watched the game today using a Dutch IP.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I live in France, but use a VPN anyway as an additional layer of security. I signed for iFollow with a UK bank card and the VPN switched to a German IP, as that was the recommendation of the day. I didn't need to enter any French address details. Provided the VPN is set to non-UK, iFollow works well. I am in the UK at the moment and watched the game today using a Dutch IP.
    When i tried to subscribe originally at the start of the season it blocked me as it said i was on a French IP (correct, i was on holiday) but using a Spanish card.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    When i tried to subscribe originally at the start of the season it blocked me as it said i was on a French IP (correct, i was on holiday) but using a Spanish card.
    I signed up very early on. Maybe the checks became more stringent?

I signed up very early on. Maybe the checks became more stringent?
    it was 5 mins before kick off of the opening game. Didn't bother trying to work around it just waited till I got home the following week.

Today i managed to sync the live com and video

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Just found this in the FAQs on the EFL website ......

Do I need a local bank account?

Yes, to register for iFollow outside of the UK or Republic of Ireland, you will need a local bank account and local address.

Also ....

If I live outside the UK or Republic of Ireland and subscribe to iFollow, will I be able to watch games on iFollow when travelling to the UK or Republic of Ireland?

No, when in the UK or Republic of Ireland you will not be able to live stream games on iFollow.

That's not strictly true .....

That is correct what is says, but a mate of mine registered yesterday and watched the game last night (more fool him) using a uk bank account and as long as the card is registered to the uk address then there was not a problem

Just found this in the FAQs on the EFL website ......

Do I need a local bank account?

Yes, to register for iFollow outside of the UK or Republic of Ireland, you will need a local bank account and local address.
    I used my uk account although I live in France and I've had no issues with it