+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Ramsey tackle v Swansea

Paul Ramsey tackle v Swansea

Can any body please help me refresh my memory. Cardiff City v Swansea and Paul Ramsey went in for a 50/50 ball against a Swansea player. It was a robust challenge to say the least and if you happened to see it there is good chance you remember it. Think it might have been Welsh Cup game but I cant recall it properly. I loved that City team but my memory is not what it was. Eddie May era I think. Dale. Stant. Blakey. Newton? Pike . Thanks

Re: Paul Ramsey tackle v Swansea

I think it was John Cornforth that he tangled with and come off worse if I remember rightly, league cup I thought, we lost 2-1 Blakey had a goal disallowed
    Last edited by Llanedeyrnblue; 09-09-17 at 12:37. Reason: Typo

That's the one. Cornforth. Was a bit of a key player for them. Thank you. Racking my brain all day. I think it was pissing down with rain n all.

Paul Ramsey. Moustache. No 7. Could play a bit. Could tackle a lot. Like a Poor Clubs Graham Souness. Hope I have spelt all the names right and punctuated this post correctly lest Grammar Police pull me up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Paul Ramsey. Moustache. No 7. Could play a bit. Could tackle a lot. Like a Poor Clubs Graham Souness. Hope I have spelt all the names right and punctuated this post correctly lest Grammar Police pull me up.
    They're watching you.....................

It feels like it. I just like talking about Cardiff past and present.I have loved this team since my first game in 82. I have seen them in all Division's. My English isn't great . My favorite times were the late eighties/early Ninties. No Internet back then. Not for me anyway. Still love them now and are chuffed with Warnock and his team. Phil Dwyer was my first favorite player. Sol Bamba is now. I never liked Punctuation in school. I did love going down the City though. I like the cup of tea tihng. Made me smile. Thanks.

Keep posting. We are all bluebirds on here.

I will. Thanks for the support. It's my first season posting. Massive test for us today. A good barometer of where the championship is at this year. Massive shout to all them who have gone up. Not forgetting all those listening at home.

TBF one used to play for west ham and the other plays in goals for us

Feedback

Do you mean Graeme Souness?

Feedback

It feels like it. I just like talking about Cardiff past and present.I have loved this team since my first game in 82. I have seen them in all Division's. My English isn't great . My favorite times were the late eighties/early Ninties. No Internet back then. Not for me anyway. Still love them now and are chuffed with Warnock and his team. Phil Dwyer was my first favorite player. Sol Bamba is now. I never liked Punctuation in school. I did love going down the City though. I like the cup of tea tihng. Made me smile. Thanks.
    **** em Joe. We all know what you meant. Some people just can't help themselves.

I can't remember playing them in the league cup at that time but I do remember losing to them in the Leyland Daf trophy after extra time. Can't remember who scored for us but I remember Martin Hayes scoring for them.

Great times back then

big fish in a small pond, when City rolled into town, people knew about it

Funny how the game is sterile these days, footballers are just picking up a wage with little or no connection to the clubs they play for, supporters have morphed into what we saw at Arsenal years ago

then early 90's were special times

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Great times back then

big fish in a small pond, when City rolled into town, people knew about it

Funny how the game is sterile these days, footballers are just picking up a wage with little or no connection to the clubs they play for, supporters have morphed into what we saw at Arsenal years ago

then early 90's were special times
    They were. the 80's were sh.t football wise a lot of the time. Ninian Park Pitch was dreadful. More sand on it than Barry Island. But the club turned a corner and the early 90's was a right laugh as you say/ I don't know if some supporters would understand now because new stadium. No recent relegations. It is progress and I am pleased. That was just my era. My Grampy's era 45000 crowds, My era between 2 and 8 thousand crowds. Every kind of team you can imagine. I was young. It was exciting. Just as it is for young lads and lasses going down the city now. That's the main thing. Torch gets handed down. Long live the City