+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liam Feeney

Liam Feeney

Look promising in his brief cameo today. Got an assist and hit the bar. Looks like he could be another good option off the bench once Warnock works his magic.

Re: Liam Feeney

Certainly better option that Kennedy.

Anne from Caerphilly was impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Look promising in his brief cameo today. Got an assist and hit the bar. Looks like he could be another good option off the bench once Warnock works his magic.
    I'd like to see a bit more before passing judgement (don't forget the rubbish crosses that he put in as well!)

I actually felt sorry for the other debutant Bryson who I don't recall actually touching the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Anne from Caerphilly was impressed
    Good that she was on first. No point listening to the rest of the show after callrob's top pundit has been on.

I trust Anne, if she's happy that has to be good news

I was surprised that Bryson came on ahead of Tomlin. One thing we really lacked today was quality from dead balls. I thought Tomlin would have been ideal to take advantage of the frankly idiotic amount of free kicks awarded by the utterly crap referee.

I thought that Tomlin would be better suited to this match and was very surprised he wasnt even on as a sub.
    I agree one thing missing is quality from free kicks that he would have brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I'd like to see a bit more before passing judgement (don't forget the rubbish crosses that he put in as well!)

I actually felt sorry for the other debutant Bryson who I don't recall actually touching the ball.
    Did you watch the match, he was all over the place in attack and deffence played some great balls, I reckon he is going to start the next game

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Did you watch the match, he was all over the place in attack and deffence played some great balls, I reckon he is going to start the next game
    I thought he was heavily involved and also tellingly was instructing others.

Mind you I think Barry has a good point about Tomlin.

I thinkWarnock though chose to use Bryson's engine as we were having to do a lot of chasing !

Fulham are a good side, but I'm not sure how they will deal with heavy pitches and sides who genuinely are dirty later in the season.

They also may struggle against sides who pack out the central defensive areas to negate their lovely interplay around the edge of the box

I think he can follow instructions i.e cross the ball into the box which we were crying out for. Warnock would have been in his ear no doubt. Great start. Good lad.

Bryson was always going to play "big signing " perhaps he and Tomlin would have suited , hey Feeney crossed we scored from another substitute, in Warnock we trust until he gets it wrong, then we will shout out !!! ,revert his name to Colin , and demand back those dreamy moments under Trollope/ Spade .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I thought he was heavily involved and also tellingly was instructing others.

Mind you I think Barry has a good point about Tomlin.

I thinkWarnock though chose to use Bryson's engine as we were having to do a lot of chasing !

Fulham are a good side, but I'm not sure how they will deal with heavy pitches and sides who genuinely are dirty later in the season.

They also may struggle against sides who pack out the central defensive areas to negate their lovely interplay around the edge of the box
    Heavy pitches are a thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Heavy pitches are a thing of the past
    Have you ever tried picking one of the buggers up?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I was surprised that Bryson came on ahead of Tomlin. One thing we really lacked today was quality from dead balls. I thought Tomlin would have been ideal to take advantage of the frankly idiotic amount of free kicks awarded by the utterly crap referee.
    Agree with that.

Tomlin must have been a bit fed up at that.

Ahead of who exactly?

His first possession of the ball resulted in a poor cross that ended up high in the stand behind the goal. However, I put that down to slight nerves perhaps and the fact he hadn't had time to adjust to the high tempo of the game at that point.
    His second touch of the ball, he receives it a little static, but delivers an almost perfect pass onto the head of Ward, who of course scores. Moments later, he then closed down a Fulham defender who panicked a little and under hit a back pass to their 'keeper.
    His next piece of the action was when he got to the byline and hit a decent cross that the 'keeper easily collected, but it might have been a bit different had someone like Morrison or Bamba been steaming in on goal to try and meet that cross.
    His final contribution was an over hit cross when he was under no real pressure.

He definitely won't be starting games any time soon, that would mean starting ahead of Holliet and NML having to start on the left.

.....oops! How could I forget that he clipped the crossbar too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Ahead of who exactly?

His first possession of the ball resulted in a poor cross that ended up high in the stand behind the goal. However, I put that down to slight nerves perhaps and the fact he hadn't had time to adjust to the high tempo of the game at that point.
    His second touch of the ball, he receives it a little static, but delivers an almost perfect pass onto the head of Ward, who of course scores. Moments later, he then closed down a Fulham defender who panicked a little and under hit a back pass to their 'keeper.
    His next piece of the action was when he got to the byline and hit a decent cross that the 'keeper easily collected, but it might have been a bit different had someone like Morrison or Bamba been steaming in on goal to try and meet that cross.
    His final contribution was an over hit cross when he was under no real pressure.

He definitely won't be starting games any time soon, that would mean starting ahead of Holliet and NML having to start on the left.
    DOH! You are talking about Feeny, my post was about Bryson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Strange that Warnock has been very "cool" about giving Tomlinson more game time.
    I know the standard comments are "don't change a winning side" but we have just signed two more midfield players at the end of the window, both coming on as subs in their very first game.?
    I wonder if Warnock is disappointed in the Tomlinson signing ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Strange that Warnock has been very "cool" about giving Tomlinson more game time.
    I know the standard comments are "don't change a winning side" but we have just signed two more midfield players at the end of the window, both coming on as subs in their very first game.?
    I wonder if Warnock is disappointed in the Tomlinson signing ?
    Sorry - Tomlinson = auto correct. Didn't read it before hitting "post"

Tomlinson, my Arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Tomlinson, my Arse!
    Tomlins on your arse?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Tomlins on your arse?
    Tomlins son is ?

Don't worry we all feck up. I got a roasting for calling Etheridge, Etherington. We cares?
    Actually i agree with you, I am starting to wonder where Tomlinson, whoops sorry Tomlin, fits in the team at the moment.

DOH! You are talking about Feeny, my post was about Bryson

Yeah, I can see that now. My apologies.

However, I don't think Bryson was as involved in the game as you seem to think. He did ok, nothing more.