+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etheridge

Etheridge

I know we are not allowed to criticise our players, but does anyone really believe he will be our No 1 when Camp is fit?

##name edited##
    MM

Re: Etherington

He had a moment of madness today (where he was a bit unlikely) but I don't think he's done a lot wrong.

Seems like Mark Hudson all over again to me, people just seem to want him dropped.

We've won 5 and drawn 1 of 6 with him in goal.

He was at fault for both our previous 2 goals conceded and had a couple of dodgy moments today.

I thought he done well today, got fingers on a Sessegnon shot and then made a double save which kept us in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He was at fault for both our previous 2 goals conceded and had a couple of dodgy moments today.
    bit harsh as he doesn't even play for us

I think Warnock brought Camp in as his number 1. I agree. He has managed him before as you know, so he knows what he can do. No (Paddy Kenny jokes) so I reckon he trusts him. I have only seen Etheridge live agsinst Sheff Utd and i thought he was fine. New club, step up, Not bad for me. Camp no 1 though. No reflection on Etheridge.

A goalkeeper letting a couple of goals in how rare is that. He had one dodgy moment today and even that was a bit unlucky.

I know we are not allowed to criticise our players, but does anyone really believe he will be our No 1 when Camp is fit?
    Nope.

He is the weak link in the team and has so far been protected by the excellence of the players in front of him.

It doesn't seem like his ream mates have much confidence in him (understandably) and I assume that Camp will play as soon a he is fit (why does he kick the ball to the right wing or straight into touch btw?)

People are already looking for ways to critiscise our own players even though we are top of the league, unbeaten and with a goal difference of +8. Cant wait to see what is posted when we actually lose a game.

We'd have to sign him first. We'd also have to convert him to a keeper. We'd also have to unretire him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Etherington

I'd prefer to see this promising keeper we've got have a chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    We'd have to sign him first. We'd also have to convert him to a keeper. We'd also have to unretire him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Etherington

I'd prefer to see this promising keeper we've got have a chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Etheridge
    Corbyn, that's you pulled on spelling, grammar and or names by latent English teachers and continuity police mate. I knew what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Corbyn, that's you pulled on spelling, grammar and or names by latent English teachers and continuity police mate. I knew what you meant.
    The point was that it's hardly credible to slag a player off when you don't even know their name. I'm sure you knew that.

See what you mean. If you read my post I support Etheridge . Can't help but think he will lose his place though because Warnock will want Camp in. I get names wrong all the time. It's just the way I am. Sometimes it makes me not want to post on here. It's not like he said Mark Grew. I know what you mean though. Nothing personal. Although it most likely reads that way. I can assure you it's not.

He's had good moments and shakier moments but, baring in mind he was probably brought in to deputise to Camp initially, I think he's done well enough to keep the shirt so far.

Always interesting to see who our players travelling for international football have played against, Etheridge lined up against Yemen and Hoilett against Jamaica.

Seems to enjoy having rushes of blood to the head and racing out of his box. His kicking doesn't make me think he's an ideal sweeper....

Banned

We had Marshall who was glued to the goal line now we have Etheridge who thinks he's a defender.
    Our defence will benefit with Etheridge in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    We had Marshall who was glued to the goal line now we have Etheridge who thinks he's a defender.
    Our defence will benefit with Etheridge in goal.
    As long as one of his dodgy clearances doesn't get put into our net.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The point was that it's hardly credible to slag a player off when you don't even know their name. I'm sure you knew that.
    Bit harsh. Given my 50 odd years of service to the bluebirds i think i am allowed to make the odd slip of the tongue!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As long as one of his dodgy clearances doesn't get put into our net.
    Warnock don't think he is "dodgy" so why do you?

I have eyes. Do you think I base my opinions on those of others? I'm not at your level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have eyes. Do you think I base my opinions on those of others? I'm not at your level.
    How many games have you managed to attend this season? I've seen them all and Warnock has. Me and Neil are confident in Etheridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    How many games have you managed to attend this season? I've seen them all and Warnock has. Me and Neil are confident in Etheridge.
    Good for you, finally agreeing with someone other than Slade.

Re: Etheridge

Only saw the highlights today, but he made a few big saves. The mistake luckily went unpunished, and let's just hope he's learning from these mistakes. The shirt is his to lose imo, he's earning it currently.

Re: Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Only saw the highlights today, but he made a few big saves. The mistake luckily went unpunished, and let's just hope he's learning from these mistakes. The shirt is his to lose imo, he's earning it currently.
    Yes. He's certainly agile.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People are already looking for ways to critiscise our own players even though we are top of the league, unbeaten and with a goal difference of +8. Cant wait to see what is posted when we actually lose a game.
    That's an incredibly negative thought, though