+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football on Five (again)

Football on Five (again)

I like Colin Murray but the pun fest that football on five has become is cringey as hell.

And that summariser lady who thinks the side netting is the back of the net is bloody useless.

Re: Football on Five (again)

Completely agree.

Colin Murray is a very good presenter and his At Home With Podcasts were excellent, but the puns on this programme are awful. Also agree about the female presenter, don't like her on 5 live either.

Arguably this was the game of the day but athough City were on second today, the highlights were very brief and there was no discussion on the match, after the highlights, by the two presenters. Seems like Channel 5 are ignoring the league leaders every week. I was also interested to note that later in the programme, Mickey Gray stated that Sheff Wed 'are flying at the moment' even though they are only 10th in the table with 9 points. God knows what City are doing then.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Arguably this was the game of the day but athough City were on second today, the highlights were very brief and there was no discussion on the match, after the highlights, by the two presenters. Seems like Channel 5 are ignoring the league leaders every week. I was also interested to note that later in the programme, Mickey Gray stated that Sheff Wed 'are flying at the moment' even though they are only 10th in the table with 9 points. God knows what City are doing then.
    Just watched this. Pathetic.

We are top of the table, a resilient result today, and not a single moment given to Cardiff City. Many moments given to other games and teams. Remember this is the Football League Show, and we are top of the Football League.

Useless. Their agenda is obviously nothing to do with football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Just watched this. Pathetic.

We are top of the table, a resilient result today, and not a single moment given to Cardiff City. Many moments given to other games and teams. Remember this is the Football League Show, and we are top of the Football League.

Useless. Their agenda is obviously nothing to do with football.
    What is it to do with then? we are just watching it and talking about the same thing, Steve always just says "They don't like us" so I'm still none the wiser.

I'm baffled now because I thought they loved Fulham and as it is plain for all to see this was the game of the day, They pay barely no attention. I haven't a clue.

IMO this is now an awful programme, with a shocking presenter. Maybe he just doesn't appeal to my generation?

The original format was quickly binned as cringeworthy, but last season's presenters were acceptable and the programme was at least watchable.

I can't be bothered with it now.

I'm watching it now and I think I just heard the commentator say Middlesbrough are now 'in the front' instead of 'in front' or 'in the lead'.

Can't wait for the rest of the show.

While I find the female presenter the weakest part of the show, it's harsh to criticise "back of the net" "side of the net" when she immediately corrected herself.

The show seems to have heard criticism of last year and changed to make it much more representative of every side, much more about the action than punditry and much more about fan interaction segments. It's different to what we are used to on MotD but it's not hard to understand what they're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While I find the female presenter the weakest part of the show, it's harsh to criticise "back of the net" "side of the net" when she immediately corrected herself.

The show seems to have heard criticism of last year and changed to make it much more representative of every side, much more about the action than punditry and much more about fan interaction segments. It's different to what we are used to on MotD but it's not hard to understand what they're going for.
    Agree with the fan interaction bit. And they have only got 40 min's minus adds i suppose. Work in progress maybe we could say, plus you will never please everybody granted, still can't help they overlook City though. I am biased though.
    Last edited by joecity; 10-09-17 at 08:06. Reason: mental health

She said it twice, only correcting herself after the second time and the other thing I forgot to mention was 'the Norwich'' when have they ever been called 'the norwich'

Has Michael Gray just come from a wedding reception every week?

The show is nowhere near long enough to cover 12 games, Match of the Day gets over an hour to cover 6/7 games (on average) whilst Channel 5 get 40 minutes to cover 12

Channel 5 either have to properly commit to the Football League by giving the show the runtime it needs or allow another broadcaster to take over

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Has Michael Gray just come from a wedding reception every week?

I can't help thinking the same every time I watch it.

As for the programme itself, it's far from perfect but it's better then listening to dullards like Martin Keown and Ian Wright talking absolute bollocks every week.

Ultimately just record it and fast forward through the chat - I don't need some 'expert' to tell me what I've just watched anyway.

It is surprising how the top game doesn't get the coverage it warrants, perhaps they are visiting every ground in turn for the season, already pre-selected no matter what their position in the table.
    Shoestring budget, better than nothing I suppose.

Interesting they didn't show our "blatant penalty", as our Neil described it, right at the end.

Blog Entries

Let's be honest, she's just there for the sake of it.

It will never get the coverage needed as sky are showing all goals at about 5/6 oclock.

Twitter shows every goal within seconds.

Youtube.

Match of the day is an institution. Fans of the premier league clubs know millions watch it so they tune in to see how they get represented.

They obviously have pre arranged game they send their cameras to and play them first regardless. But why they haven't gone to us all season is baffling.
    I wood av noked 'em out

They're waiting till we lose before they show us in any detail and comment on us, so they can drown us in negativity.

Not that my opinion is biased in any way

We'll probably be the main match when we are live on TV on the Fri/Sat evening anyway.