+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mourinho

Mourinho

Reminded me of Trump then avoiding the question. I think you should always shake hands after a game. I've had near bust ups and words with opposition players on the pitch, and still shook the guys hand.

He's a bit petulant when he loses Jose. Pep on the other hand is a lot more gracious and respectful I feel.

Re: Mourinho

Mark Hughes has always been obsessed with hand shakes after a game though, always seemed to be him moaning about wenger and Benitez not doing it.

Football is a sport. Managers and players should have mutual respect for each other.
    All should act as men and not the spoilt little brats that most are.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Football is a sport. Managers and players should have mutual respect for each other.
    Spot on.

Mourinho has talent, guile and the **** can be entertaining, but he is not a Sportsman.
    That used to be important. Still should be.

You have to bear in mind with this one that, during the game, Mourinho came across to talk to the fourth official who was standing next to Hughes and Hughes forcibly pushed him away, so that obviously caused some bad feeling. Also at the end of the game Mourinho shook hands with every other available Stoke player and official who was around the dug out, which doesnt indicate to me that he is a bad sportsman. Hughes was actually on the pitch and didnt make a great effort either.

It still gets me that he lied and criticised the ambulance service after the Cech head injury at Reading. He said something like it took 30 minutes to get there when the truth was it was about 5 and the delay was because the Chelsea team had said not to call one initially.

If he wants to pick scraps with other multi-millionaires then fair enough, but not the ambulance service. I know it's a decade ago now but I think it was all laughed off far too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Yep, when the final whistle blows it's all over, time for a glass of wine and a chit-chat.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You have to bear in mind with this one that, during the game, Mourinho came across to talk to the fourth official who was standing next to Hughes and Hughes forcibly pushed him away, so that obviously caused some bad feeling. Also at the end of the game Mourinho shook hands with every other available Stoke player and official who was around the dug out, which doesnt indicate to me that he is a bad sportsman. Hughes was actually on the pitch and didnt make a great effort either.
    Ah OK.
    I confess that I'm not keen on JM and had a pop apparently without knowing the full facts.
    My apols if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Ah OK.
    I confess that I'm not keen on JM and had a pop apparently without knowing the full facts.
    My apols if that is the case.
    That is as maybe but in general you are correct in having a pop at him IMO.
    JM brings it all on himself.
    Sparky, whilst a fiery character, wouldn't react that way with most opposition managers.

The guy is a sore loser (okay they drew in this case) but he would see it as 2 points lost.

The guy is a pratt , and passionate about his team , Hughes looks like he could be a nasty fella.

I think JM is a bit frightened of Sparky, JM never played at the top level unlike Sparky who was a real handful for any defender, it would be a mismatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I think JM is a bit frightened of Sparky, JM never played at the top level unlike Sparky who was a real handful for any defender, it would be a mismatch?
    I'd heard that, apparently Sparky was soft as shit away from the field, the complete opposite of how he played the game.