Pics from Craven Cottage

A couple from me, a few from the PA

PA2.jpg

PA1.jpg

PA-32724359.jpg

PA-32724384.jpg

PA-32724493.jpg

Re: Pics from Craven Cottage

That one with the whole team celebrating is class! As is the midair Mendez Laing

Peltier's a nutter I reckon

Great photos - I wouldn't be infringing anyone's copyright if I used a couple of them in my blog piece would I?

Mind you, the one of Mendez-Laing launching himself at that poor, grounded Fulham player does tend to prove the point about us being nothing more than a bunch of cloggers doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great photos - I wouldn't be infringing anyone's copyright if I used a couple of them in my blog piece would I?

Mind you, the one of Mendez-Laing launching himself at that poor, grounded Fulham player does tend to prove the point about us being nothing more than a bunch of cloggers doesn't it.
    That challenge resulted in a booking.
    Had it been one of our players I would have applauded it.
    The Fulham lad won the ball, these days though tackles like that are deemed reckless and occasionally end up with sendings off as we've seen with Fabio and Peltier in recent seasons.

The ref was very pedantic, nearly every time a player Weber to ground he gave free kicks - however he was fair, he gave soft ones both ways, and waved away potential penalty calls from both sides.

Cracking game though, pretty much end to end. Even too, with both sides having a spell.

Fulham, as I'd expected, even without a few stars were excellent with the ball and some of their interplay in and around the box was scary for our 2 lumbering giant centre backs.

I might have been tempted to swap one of them for Connolly, as they looked more shaky than they have for years.

The 2 Fulham full backs had a hell of a battle with our 2 wingers with NML probably winning his battle, but being poor in execution of his final ball or shot and Hoillet coming 2nd best against Fredericks who's possibly the best full back in the division.

Fulham's 2 mobile centre halfs ( I'm sure Ream was a full back at Bolton), kept big Ken quiet, but I felt Gunner and Ralls bossed the midfield area, they were both too strong, particularly Gunner for the first 70, before he tired and faded. Ralls however was everywhere for the whole 90, and for some stages they just seemed to win every challenge and every knock down. Damour however seemed a little quiet, I hope he's not unsettled by the Bryson signing.

Great support by the way and brilliant to sing Men of Harlech with all the words, not dur dur dur... let's do that at home as well please !

Terry Phillips reporting 3350 in away end and a couple of hundred in the neutral zone, I was next to it and to me it looked much more in there, maybe 800 and it seemed most of these were City, so probably not far off 4000 in total.

Onwards to another tough challenge on Tuesday

IMG_0429.jpg My elderly mate fell over as we arrived at the ground, and needed first aid attention under the stand. It meant we managed to see only a bit of the first half but saw some by sitting in the grandstand with the Fulham fans. The city end looked ram jam packed. Managed to get in the city end about ten minutes before half time, and while my mate was cut and a little shook up he was generally ok. Great point again from the bluebirds. We'll be there or thereabouts all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    IMG_0429.jpg My elderly mate fell over as we arrived at the ground, and needed first aid attention under the stand. It meant we managed to see only a bit of the first half but saw some by sitting in the grandstand with the Fulham fans. The city end looked ram jam packed. Managed to get in the city end about ten minutes before half time, and while my mate was cut and a little shook up he was generally ok. Great point again from the bluebirds. We'll be there or thereabouts all season.
    I ended up in the First Aid unit as well.
    When we scored, I got pushed over, as City fans tried to rush forward and about bloody 6 city fans fell on top of me.

My bloody spine is killing me this morning.

Got well treated by the Fulham staff though and got to mention the Aussie doctor, great treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I ended up in the First Aid unit as well.
    When we scored, I got pushed over, as City fans tried to rush forward and about bloody 6 city fans fell on top of me.

My bloody spine is killing me this morning.

Got well treated by the Fulham staff though and got to mention the Aussie doctor, great treatment.
    You wouldn't have been hurt if you'd remained sitting in your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You wouldn't have been hurt if you'd remained sitting in your seat.

They hit me out of the bloody thing

What is the obsession with running down the front, when teams score ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    That one with the whole team celebrating is class! As is the midair Mendez Laing
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The Fulham lad won the ball, these days though tackles like that are deemed reckless and occasionally end up with sendings off as we've seen with Fabio and Peltier in recent seasons.

The ref was very pedantic, nearly every time a player Weber to ground he gave free kicks - however he was fair, he gave soft ones both ways, and waved away potential penalty calls from both sides.

Cracking game though, pretty much end to end. Even too, with both sides having a spell.

Fulham, as I'd expected, even without a few stars were excellent with the ball and some of their interplay in and around the box was scary for our 2 lumbering giant centre backs.

I might have been tempted to swap one of them for Connolly, as they looked more shaky than they have for years.

The 2 Fulham full backs had a hell of a battle with our 2 wingers with NML probably winning his battle, but being poor in execution of his final ball or shot and Hoillet coming 2nd best against Fredericks who's possibly the best full back in the division.

Fulham's 2 mobile centre halfs ( I'm sure Ream was a full back at Bolton), kept big Ken quiet, but I felt Gunner and Ralls bossed the midfield area, they were both too strong, particularly Gunner for the first 70, before he tired and faded. Ralls however was everywhere for the whole 90, and for some stages they just seemed to win every challenge and every knock down. Damour however seemed a little quiet, I hope he's not unsettled by the Bryson signing.

Great support by the way and brilliant to sing Men of Harlech with all the words, not dur dur dur... let's do that at home as well please !

Terry Phillips reporting 3350 in away end and a couple of hundred in the neutral zone, I was next to it and to me it looked much more in there, maybe 800 and it seemed most of these were City, so probably not far off 4000 in total.

Whislt overall your review was interesting and appeared fair, I take issue with you over the comment 'Lumbering giant centre backs' - you must be joking. Why the jibes at two of our best players?. Bamba is one of the most athletic and quick centre backs in the division who reads the game brilliantly and Morrison, whilst not quick, is very strong in the tackle and in the air and has been man of the match on more than one occasion for us so far this season. Perhaps you havent seen either of them play before ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whislt overall your review was interesting and appeared fair, I take issue with you over the comment 'Lumbering giant centre backs' - you must be joking. Why the jibes at two of our best players?. Bamba is one of the most athletic and quick centre backs in the division who reads the game brilliantly and Morrison, whilst not quick, is very strong in the tackle and in the air and has been man of the match on more than one occasion for us so far this season. Perhaps you havent seen either of them play before ?
    Yes, I agree with you too. Nothing "lumbering" about Bamba or Morrison.

I've seen most of their games for City and rate them both highly.
    In fact if you had read my previous posts I've always stood up for Morrison- and my preference in centre halfs is normally for a lumbering giant- I was one myself in the hundreds of games at centre half I played, not quite at the same level mind.

However yesterday they were exposed by quick movement and had to work very hard to keep the number of shots down to a reasonable number.

I'm guessing you were there and saw that for yourself ? Because I certainly did

As for Bamba being quick, sorry, he isn't. He's a fantastic battler and decent header of the ball, but he's not quick, without being slow for a centre half and got beaten for pace several times yesterday.

No disgrace against the Fulham attack which was as mobile as we will come against this season.

In fact if you had read my previous posts I've always stood up for Morrison- and my preference in centre halfs is normally for a lumbering giant- I was one myself in the hundreds of games at centre half I played, not quite at the same level mind.

However yesterday they were exposed by quick movement and had to work very hard to keep the number of shots down to a reasonable number.

As for Bamba being quick, sorry, he isn't. He's a fantastic battler and decent header of the ball, but he's not quick, without being slow for a centre half and got beaten for pace several times yesterday.

No disgrace against the Fulham attack which was as mobile as we will come against this season.
    Fulham are a cracking side we will not play many teams that good,and we did well.

I remember my Guess x A$AP Rocky cap fell of my head somehow and it fell to the row in front of me... shoutout to the guy who picked it up 👊🏽

Ref was so pedantic that I was swearing at him every 2 secs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They hit me out of the bloody thing

What is the obsession with running down the front, when teams score ?
    We were told you got knocked out glad it wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    We were told you got knocked out glad it wasn't that bad.
    I wuld of noked 'im out.

No, I wasn't there yesterday, which is why I was interested to read your review. They may both have had an 'off day' but Fulham are particularly quick up front. I totally disagree with you about Bamba - he has plenty of pace and reads the game extremely well. He marked Scott Hogan and Agbonlahor out of the Villa game this season and had Jack Grealish in his pocket last year and all of those players are hardly slouches. He also covers the ground well behind Morrison. For a 33 year old he is very fit.

No, I wasn't there yesterday, which is why I was interested to read your review. They may both have had an 'off day' but Fulham are particularly quick up front. I totally disagree with you about Bamba - he has plenty of pace and reads the game extremely well. He marked Scott Hogan and Agbonlahor out of the Villa game this season and had Jack Grealish in his pocket last year and all of those players are hardly slouches. He also covers the ground well behind Morrison. For a 33 year old he is very fit.
    OK, so as you weren't there please believe me when I say both Bamba and Morrison were stretched to the limit. They were both struggling to keep a grip on the Fulham strike force who were quick.

On a couple of occasions Bamba had 3-5 yards on a Fulham player from a long ball and was beaten to it.

Both however kept going and at the end of the day we only conceded 1 and got a decent point.

I don't see Agbonlahor as quick and for the first 15 minutes against Villa Hogan caused us problems, but I agree between them they sniffed him out ( although a lot of that was due to the fact he hardly saw the ball).

Marking Grealish in midfield Bamba did a great job, but again that was down to using his physique to get to the ball first. Pace wasn't required.

As Warnock said, Fulham are a one off and I wouldn't expect anyone else to cause the same problems. They were certainly the most mobile team we've played this season.