+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Zohore

Would Zohore benefit from swifter service?

Man City's Mendy was brilliant yesterday whipping in crosses without delay and assisting many of the goals. Should NML do likewise. Appeared to hold on to ball for too long and attacks eventually petered out. Is Zohore swift enough to keep up with NML and JH and provide target for early deliveries.

Or - should he be rested in favour of Ward?

Re: Zohore

We should have sold him when we had the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Man City's Mendy was brilliant yesterday whipping in crosses without delay and assisting many of the goals. Should NML do likewise. Appeared to hold on to ball for too long and attacks eventually petered out. Is Zohore swift enough to keep up with NML and JH and provide target for early deliveries.

No - play them both together with NML out wide, providing the crosses. Zohore needs more help in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No - play them both together with NML out wide, providing the crosses. Zohore needs more help in the middle.
    442, 433 or 424?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We should have sold him when we had the chance
    Crossed my mind as well.

Zohore is very good and occupies one or more defenders, creating space for NML and others, but I feel we are sometimes not playing to his main strength as a centre forward.

No service ... no goals (yet).

Crossed my mind as well.

Zohore is very good and occupies one or more defenders, creating space for NML and others, but I feel we are sometimes not playing to his main strength as a centre forward.

No service ... no goals (yet).
    The goals will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    The goals will come.
    Yeah thats my view. He needs a goal or two and that will settle him down.

Team is still gelling but the positive is that we are scoring from all over the pitch.

I don't think we should consider dropping him for one quiet game!

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Yeah thats my view. He needs a goal or two and that will settle him down.

Team is still gelling but the positive is that we are scoring from all over the pitch.
    That is the thing with this team,we look a proper team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    442, 433 or 424?
    Man Utd played a 4-3-2-1 formation yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think we should consider dropping him for one quiet game!
    ?

I think that you've raised a good point, and I reckon that there's a couple of factors as to why we don't see Zohore scoring from three yards. Zohore doesn't have great movement, i'm talking about peeling off his man in the box, checking his run, or timing his run to get infront of the defender, he plays better around the 18 yard line, or those 1 on 1 foot races, where he uses his strength and power, he's very good at that. He's not great in the air, infact, he doesn't like to jump for the ball, he backs in to defenders, while he's backing in, he can't jump, it's all about rolling the defender, imposing his strength. A lot of the crosses that come into the box aren't whipped, high balls that are sat up on the far post for a knock down, or in the case of Mendez, sometimes over hit and almost never pulled back, Hoilett has improved with his delivery, but even he likes to get as close to goal with the ball, instead of whipping an early cross, problem is that strikers lose momentum, and are stood still. Zohore could do with a midfield player who get's a bit closer to him, or one that has the vision to play the ball early and put in that foot race position. He's been very unlucky this season, should probably be on four or five goals, then we wouldn't be having this debate, although he certainly isn't a traditional striker.